Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Here is one of the better videos of MLB 13 The Show, coming from CES 2013. In this video, you can clearly see the new scorebug, Russell mentions you can turn off all On Screen Displays (OSD's), a very brief look at Franchise, Jeter's stance is fixed and more.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Sco291 @ 01/09/13 10:46 PM
First thing I would like to say is FINALLY JETER'S STANCE IS FIXED. I am one happy camper! Graphics coming out of the scorebug are incredible. Lighting does look touched up a bit as someone else pointed out.

Love the player walk up graphic and menu - they just look completely refreshing to look at. Ball phsyics look much improved as well, as we could have expected because they'll only continue to get better

With that said, Cano's stance doesn't look so bad to me.

What I can't believe is that no one is questioning Granderson's stance ...I mean, tell me what happened there. I don't care though, I'll just find his old one in the generic list at some point.

# 42 DanH35 @ 01/09/13 10:48 PM
It looks like team payrolls are more realistic this year. Hopefully, the individual player salaries are more in line with real life too.

# 43 DieHardYankee26 @ 01/09/13 10:49 PM
Yeah Grandy's stance is off. I think the reason Cano's jumped out to me is because it was wrong for a few years, then they finally fixed it either this year or last year, and now they've changed it again. I guess they did it because he moves less, but still, it's more off than just leaving it.

# 44 yanksdaniel99 @ 01/09/13 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
First thing I would like to say is FINALLY JETER'S STANCE IS FIXED. I am one happy camper! Graphics coming out of the scorebug are incredible. Lighting does look touched up a bit as someone else pointed out.

Love the player walk up graphic and menu - they just look completely refreshing to look at. Ball phsyics look much improved as well, as we could have expected because they'll only continue to get better

With that said, Cano's stance doesn't look so bad to me.

What I can't believe is that no one is questioning Granderson's stance ...I mean, tell me what happened there. I don't care though, I'll just find his old one in the generic list at some point.
Grandy's stance is actually pretty close, it's just the angle that makes it look off. Cano's is awful, last year was close to perfect, Jeter's stance looks pretty good.

# 45 Richie12 @ 01/09/13 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
FreezeTime just confirmed (in the CES thread of his) no closed roof options this year. Oh well always next year. Still great game overall and a first day purchase. Just one small nuance that's not in that we can all live with.
Too bad. Too me it's more than just a little graphic detail, it's a huge part of the immersion experience. As someone mentioned, will be funny to play WS in Toronto on a freezing 32F

# 46 ShowTyme15 @ 01/09/13 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie12
Too bad. Too me it's more than just a little graphic detail, it's a huge part of the immersion experience. As someone mentioned, will be funny to play WS in Toronto on a freezing 32F
While I do agree with you and it it's a big piece missing and it's a "REAL LIFE" element this is just part of having limitations to a system and software. I'll keep digging in and hopefully it's something we will see next year. One thing I am having trouble grasping my head around is why they created 7 new MiLB and ST stadiums, but didn't work on this aspect of it? But like I said could be a memory issue with the PS3.

# 47 Richie12 @ 01/09/13 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
While I do agree with you and it it's a big piece missing and it's a "REAL LIFE" element this is just part of having limitations to a system and software. I'll keep digging in and hopefully it's something we will see next year. One thing I am having trouble grasping my head around is why they created 7 new MiLB and ST stadiums, but didn't work on this aspect of it? But like I said could be a memory issue with the PS3.
Honestly I don't think they have space issue with a Bluray disc. PS3 internal memory I can understand if you want to animate the opening/closing of the roof. But what people are asking is a closed version of the dome that is loaded at game time like any other stadium.

# 48 ShowTyme15 @ 01/09/13 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie12
Honestly I don't think they have space issue with a Bluray disc. PS3 internal memory I can understand if you want to animate the opening/closing of the roof. But what people are asking is a closed version of the dome that is loaded at game time like any other stadium.
I totally agree I'm with everyone on that. I just wanted the option for open or closed. I wasn't asking for it to open or close during gameplay. I'm sure if it was something they could easily add they would, but there's something there in terms of memory/space that prevents them from giving us that option of open or closed.

# 49 RoyalBoyle78 @ 01/09/13 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
That looks absolutely fantastic. It's hard to believe it will look even better next gen.

Excited for these blogs to start!
Agreed,I don't care what people may think, but really. This is one of the best looking games around, not sports but all around visuals . I mean the new budget system sounds freaking awesome, I mean it sounds from the budget update system I can play this games for years. I can't wait guys, ps3 and vita purchase here I come.

# 50 @legendm0de @ 01/10/13 12:06 AM
This was amazing, they got right to it, Team Budget system, thats how it works. Everything based on team budget is best start for the structuring of the franchise mode. RTTS Sounds awesome as well, I was trying hard to play the mode in First Person, I'd turn off all commentary, play the full games. I was hoping to even have full control and walk around the dugout , clubhouse in the middle of the game! f* im excited. I can't wait to see about RTTS I've never really progressed through thoroughly I'm poised to do it. LF here i come.

Back to franchise, I was just $#^% talking in a previous thread a little bit, saying they have to go back get in the mud and dig up real information about city and franchise tendencies, attendance, behaviour, etc and history in order to string a Franchise mode together that will be on track to becoming a complete mode. and VIOLA that just happens to be the first thing they talked about doing

Now im intrigued, I'm looking forward to next hearing about the scout system which they've held back on in this video. It must be frickin amazing, it's kind of surprising that this is going to be a key feature but thats a tremendous sign of what they have in store for the functionality of franchise mode. Also, the way they talked about focusing on player development, etc, sounds like they might finally have it in the books for callups and transactions to be based highly on performance and career accomplishments.

As for the retractable stadiums speculations, I'm personally 100% cool with it not arriving as long as it's just being held off for the next generation of Playstation systems, where they will FULLY implement it. As long as it's never to be implemented on the PS3 i can accept that.

Aside from the scouting and it's potential importance to the system, the next thing I want to hear about is the weather. Scheduling as well, because I barely know what the real MLB schedule is even about now so I want to see what to expect from this new era of regular season MLB.

edit --

also need to hear about that stat keeping, it is a good sign though, that since they focus on scouting so much and a revamp of franchise, one of the most basic expectations is full stat/record keeping. will be expecting to see that.

# 51 @legendm0de @ 01/10/13 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
This was fixed a week ago the builds I brought to CES are two weeks old.

WOW if this includes catchers to im just going to preorder the game right now

# 52 ScouserHUN @ 01/10/13 01:08 AM
I really don't like, that he's saying hitting will be easier this year. I liked it the way it was.

# 53 houston2k13 @ 01/10/13 01:10 AM
Looks good so far they better add the one game wild card if they want an authentic postseason mode.

# 54 ksig24 @ 01/10/13 01:41 AM
Routine cutoff throws are still being bounced.

# 55 thaSLAB @ 01/10/13 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston2k13
Looks good so far they better add the one game wild card if they want an authentic postseason mode.
There is a screenshot of the playoff mode bracket, showing that it's in...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

# 56 nick_sr @ 01/10/13 02:14 AM
great video! first thing I do when I start my franchise mode is trading dickey. you can tell the guy doing the interview is a real torontonian, he had the point blank "want it with us" instrumental playing at the end of the video

# 57 nick_sr @ 01/10/13 02:17 AM
o,btw,us jays fans don't need any new fans because we all know what team everyone is going to be playing with. i don't need to cheese with dickey because i'll be striking everyone out with that morrow slider

# 58 Arod2k9 @ 01/10/13 02:30 AM
Absolutely love Arod's new stance, it looks perfect!

# 59 PsychoBulk @ 01/10/13 05:32 AM
Sumptuous video - many small things improved, and with much more info to come - CES always delivers where The Show is concerned.

# 60 LastActionHero @ 01/10/13 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Did you hear him say you can shut all the OSD's off?

M.K.
Knight165
Wooohooooooo!
Thank you for listening SCEA!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.