Home
MLB 2K13 News Post

Now that the game is released to all, this is the place to post your impressions.

As a reminder, this is not a thread for questions. Please use the MLB 2K13 Q&A thread for that.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 lnin0 @ 03/12/13 10:28 PM
Subs have always been my pet peeve in this game.

Why can't you get into the sub menu until you batter is up at the plate. You have to hear the announcers talk about him, see him standing at the plate and then you can finally bring in a pitch hitter leaving the announcers to catch up. It really takes away from all the other great presentation moments in the game.

Secondly, after you pitch hit for the pitcher, why oh why can't they ask you about a reliever before ever coming back from the 'commercial break'. It is ridiculous that you see your pitch hitter standing on the mound and then the coach coming out to sit him.

Those two elements would seem so simple to correct - as they are both just a matter of when a menu is displayed - that I cannot believe they have been like that for half a decade. Yeah, I think they at least automatically bring up the menu that you have a position player at P since the old days you had to manually make the change so that right there tells me it was a known issue. Why did they fix it so half heartedly!

# 122 DaveDQ @ 03/12/13 11:19 PM
I really am enjoying the online portion of this game. I don't know if it's because there aren't a lot of people playing but my matchups have been great and the connections are near perfect. I just had two great games tonight against random guys where I lost both games but were very enjoyable.

The batting and pitching for me is where it's at. I love working a pitcher deep into his pitch count and maybe getting him roughed up enough to score some runs toward the later innings. And on the flip side, the whole aspect of getting your bullpen ready when your guy is failing is great. The pitcher'batting in this game is just that good.

# 123 brendanrfoley @ 03/13/13 12:06 PM
MLB 2K13 is good. Very good, actually.

I approach the game as I did High Heat Baseball. There are times it is ugly and awkward but the results at the end of the play are there. Hit variety is not what it could be, but I am seeing the proper number of singles, doubles, home runs, etc. And the pitcher/batter battles are absolutely fantastic.

The series is likely done. I can't imagine Take Two investing in a next-gen MLB game and it is too bad. If 2K13 had the same level of visuals of The Show or PYS, it would score in the high 8's. I'm convinced of it.

# 124 scottyo60 @ 03/13/13 06:25 PM
Posted this in the franchise thread, but will also post here...when in game I've been noticing the reliever for the other team throws either a fat pitch that I get a bomb or they throw a ball that is not even close to the plate. Any one else seeing that?

Speaking of pitching, I DO like how if I'm overly aggressive chasing pitches it feels like the computer will keep throwing out of the zone. Only once did I have a pitcher continuously throw a pitch I was having success with. As I spend more time with the game I become more interested in the action and the numbers of the game. Hopefully this effect will stay with me.

# 125 ruffrow28 @ 03/14/13 04:00 PM
I picked up this game up the day after it was released. So far, I have played a couple of exhibition games just try to try it out and even though the majority of the game looks the same as 2k12, I am impressed. I noticed the colors seem more vibrant than last years and also the animation seem a bit smoother. Overall, this is a fun game and I'm glad I decided to get it again.

In terms of the fun factor, I was the Phillies with Halladay pitching against the Cubs that had Garza pitching. It was pretty much a pitcher's duel until the 5th inning when they scored 4 runs but I had a feeling that I could rally. A few innings when and sure enough I tied in up in the seventh and ended up winning 6-5 in the bottom of the ninth It had some tense moments, but overall it was an exciting and fun game

# 126 Hunkerdown @ 03/15/13 07:40 PM
This game is fun as hell with right sliders, see bigfnjoes, forget haters !!

# 127 Tomba @ 03/15/13 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
I have to agree

If this game updated the adboards to JUST be actual real sponsors it would have been awesome even ever so slightly and it would have made a BIG difference

sadly they are the same since 2k9 and that just blows and makes the game look the same unless it says mlb2k13 then it looks cool

PPL dont realize how important real sponsor ship is in sports video games.

When you play pro evolution 2013 in comparison to fifa 13 it makes a WOORLD of difference even though ps3 is slightly inferior graphically.

it just adds that extra i dont know? jennaseyqua(LOL)

basically it means it takes itself seriosuly

I dont think 2ksports takes their baseball game seriously and i think ive earned the right to say that cuz i shelled out the full price for it

# 128 MizzouRah @ 03/16/13 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Totally agree.. with bigfnjoe's sliders, this game plays a fantastic game of baseball! It's horrible on defaults.

# 129 RoyalBoyle78 @ 03/17/13 02:02 AM
Listen, after spending more time with 2k13 and will say that I'm very happy, serious, and I own both systems and both games, and I think 2k is a very nice baseball game, yeah we all know its not perfect and neither is the other game, but man this game just feels alive, when I say alive, it just feels very much like a baseball game, the commentary is just tops man tips, I think the commentary is up there or may even be number one of of all sports games in that department, Im just in aww how the commentary stays so intuitive with every single thing that happens as the game goes along, on every comeback big play or just a single that made a difference in the 1st inning that is talked about in the 8th inning is such a pleasure, I appreciate that kinda of commentary. The crowd is also always into the games and they chant at the right time and get into when a big at bat or a two strike count with two outs in the inning, just those little things keeps the game fresh for me. Also the graphics, after punching in some good sliders than to Joe, and some camera tweaks the game even looks better to the eyes, the lighting and the shadows in this game are very underrated IMO. The ballparks look really nice too, zero complaints there for me.

I honestly think 2k is also a great sim too, again I have seen things in the presentation department that I don't remember seeing int he other other game, like seeing what batter are batting in each ballpark there payer in and they display that about the names from time to time when the players come up to bat, just sae this tonight or just noticed it, loved seeing that. And now I talk game pay, I have been pay this series a long time myself as the every baseball that comes out cause I just love baseball that much, like many have said before the pitcher/batter interface is kinda unmatched , it's still a pleasure to go to battle with 2k's systems, still works great, you just feel like your In a batt,e all the time. I'm just saying I'm really enjoying the game this year and having a blast playing, I just don't get bored, and I'm sorry I can't say that for all other games of baseball.

Thx guys

# 130 audbal @ 03/17/13 05:18 PM
" I just don't get bored, and I'm sorry I can't say that for all other games of baseball."

that's it, right there. You nailed it. I rented the other game twice, trying to give it a chance, but I kept turning it off. I haven't turned this one off once.

# 131 babythug23 @ 03/18/13 07:11 PM
I know this is a impressions but I want to ask if someone played both games. Is this one more fun to play? I rented the show for 2 days but couldn't get into it. When it comes to baseball i got to have some kind of fun factor. I see yall say it'd like 2k12 but last 2k I own was 2k10.

# 132 econoodle @ 03/18/13 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babythug23
I know this is a impressions but I want to ask if someone played both games. Is this one more fun to play? I rented the show for 2 days but couldn't get into it. When it comes to baseball i got to have some kind of fun factor. I see yall say it'd like 2k12 but last 2k I own was 2k10.
This is the most fun american baseball game, IMO, this gen.

# 133 Money99 @ 03/18/13 08:51 PM
Quote:
I will 2nd econoodle's comment.
I bought MLB 13 this year and I'm having a lot of fun with the co-op feature so I can play with my son.
But I'm seriously jonesing for 2K13 right now.
I had both games last year and after 6 innings of The Show '12, 2K12 went in and never came back out.

IMO 2K is way more fun and addicting. As soon as the price drops I'll be picking 2K13 up and MLB 13 will be used only for co-op purposes.

# 134 babythug23 @ 03/18/13 09:28 PM
Before i go look did they come out with a demo this year?

# 135 ADG24 @ 03/19/13 09:15 AM
What's up everybody?

First of all, I must give you guys some background on my baseball gaming experience in the past. I have owned both a PS3 and a XBOX 360 since the systems first came out and since day one I have been a devoted MLB The Show consumer. I believe I bought MLB 2K7 to play with my older brother who came to visit from the Dominican Republic and since I had two controllers for that system and the game was cheap I decided to give it a try. Since then I have not owned a MLB 2K series game, even though I do download the demo every year just to see what 2K has to offer.

Approximately 6 months ago my PS3 died on me and I have refused to pay to get it fixed especially with the PS4 just around the corner. Coming into this baseball season I knew that I was going to rely on MLB 2K13 in order to get some baseball action. I have been reading reviews left and right and man for a second I could not believe that the game could be this bad. I went to RedBox and rented the game for a couple of days and I liked what I saw, so against all of those people writting bad reviews I chose to pick up the game.

I picked up the game on Saturday and I have been playing non-stop ever since. I have started a couple of franchises (fantasy and real teams) and so far I am enjoying the game even more than I have enjoyed the Show before. I do not know how to explain it, but the game is simply fun to play. I know that many people are saying this is the exact same game as MLB 2K12 was, but for someone like me who did not play the MLB 2K series in the past, this game is great! I have downloaded the most up to date rosters I was able to find and as I previously stated I am loving this game.

Now, let's get one thing clear; you cannot compare the graphics to MLB The Show. The Show is a BEAUTIFUL game and that is one thing that I miss, but once you get past that, there is not much else to miss. I honestly feel the gameplay offered by MLB 2K13 is more fun to that of the Show, but I cannot figure out yet what it is that makes it more fun. Not even when MLB The Show firt came out was I able to play three or four games back to back, I simply got tired / bored and I ended up calling it a day with it. With MLB 2K13 I have been playing all weekend and I cannot wait to go home today after work and play some more.

Anyone else in here who has not played the MLB 2K series in recent years and is enjoying this game?

# 136 DJ @ 03/19/13 10:48 AM
Quote:
Before i go look did they come out with a demo this year?
No. They had a playable version at Best Buy.

# 137 elfdutch @ 03/19/13 01:09 PM
Just picked this up today and played only a few games sofar.
Man, i love this game!!
I own 2k10 and 2k11, but skipped 12. So, for me this is a huge improvement. I'm playing it on the ps3 and the lighting on night games has improved drastically.
Everything is so much smoother. Pitching is also much better then in 11.

I do see some of the same stuff that is not so good, and was in previous versions like the outfielder stuck in animation glitch, but not very often.

Right now i'm playing an exhibition game with Miami against the Rockies. Score is 3-3, we are in the 13th inning.
Had to save the game cause the kids just came home. Cant wait to continue it again.

With my kids i have much less time to play games, so the mlb today will be what i play most.

Really happy that i bought this game!

# 138 econoodle @ 03/19/13 01:42 PM
here's why i love this game, and how it doe the important 'little things'.

14 games into my franchise and Cano is beasting.
hitting 481 with 8 homers.
He comes up in the 5th with a runner on third and 1 out, with the yanks leading 5-2. he already hit a 3 run homer earlier.

I figured he get a free pass, but no they are pitching to him.
I was like wtf.

Well the first two pitches were obviously junk and they were trying to see if i wouldt bite. I didn't and ran the count to 2-0.
He then mid at-bat, gave me the intentional walk.

# 139 DJ @ 03/19/13 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
here's why i love this game, and how it doe the important 'little things'.

14 games into my franchise and Cano is beasting.
hitting 481 with 8 homers.
He comes up in the 5th with a runner on third and 1 out, with the yanks leading 5-2. he already hit a 3 run homer earlier.

I figured he get a free pass, but no they are pitching to him.
I was like wtf.

Well the first two pitches were obviously junk and they were trying to see if i wouldt bite. I didn't and ran the count to 2-0.
He then mid at-bat, gave me the intentional walk.
Really? That is pretty cool. Don't think I've ever seen that before in a baseball game.

# 140 babythug23 @ 03/19/13 03:41 PM
Got to rent this today. I played 2 games and had a blast. One thing I like that I didn't like with the other game. Is power hitters feel like power hitters. Love the pitching but I suck at it. The game is just fun makes u want to play it. The other game wasn't for me I was forcing my self to finish 9 innings. Wish the game look better its no on par with other games at all. But I care more bout having fun when it comes to games. I rented it for 360 is the game worse looking on ps3?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.