Home
Tiger 14 News Post

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 is available now for Xbox 360 and PS3 users who are EA Sports Season Ticket subscribers.

Post your impressions here.

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Gerg04 @ 03/25/13 06:32 PM
After finally getting my hands on early release, I can stop reading and starting seeing for myself what all the fuss is about. And it is just that. Fuss. While there is little excuse to have problems with a game that is sold (and bought religiously by many) every single year, neither of the two biggest bugs are game breaking.

Does the putting cam make you scratch your head and say "wtf is this"? Yes. But is THAT bad? No. Bad enough to; not buy until patched (which is ridiculous and another topic of its own), or cancel a pre order in disgust? No! I'm fairly certain this will be addressed and corrected via patch, whether tomorrow or in a whopping 2 weeks from now.

The scring bug. Completely maddening and mind boggling, yes. But something that can't or won't be fixed? No. Of course it will be fixed.

IMHO this is a truly wonderful game. Every game has bugs, and has deserving criticism. Every person buying the game is also entitled to their opinion and decision to buy. But let's also give credit where it's due. A lot was done to improve and I for 1 am enjoying TW 14 and am perfectly fine waiting for these 2 bugs to be squished.

/rant. Needed to counter all the "I'm canceling my pre-order posts "

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

# 142 Jordanfan23 @ 03/25/13 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg04
After finally getting my hands on early release, I can stop reading and starting seeing for myself what all the fuss is about. And it is just that. Fuss. While there is little excuse to have problems with a game that is sold (and bought religiously by many) every single year, neither of the two biggest bugs are game breaking.

Does the putting cam make you scratch your head and say "wtf is this"? Yes. But is THAT bad? No. Bad enough to; not buy until patched (which is ridiculous and another topic of its own), or cancel a pre order in disgust? No! I'm fairly certain this will be addressed and corrected via patch, whether tomorrow or in a whopping 2 weeks from now.

The scring bug. Completely maddening and mind boggling, yes. But something that can't or won't be fixed? No. Of course it will be fixed.

IMHO this is a truly wonderful game. Every game has bugs, and has deserving criticism. Every person buying the game is also entitled to their opinion and decision to buy. But let's also give credit where it's due. A lot was done to improve and I for 1 am enjoying TW 14 and am perfectly fine waiting for these 2 bugs to be squished.

/rant. Needed to counter all the "I'm canceling my pre-order posts "

2 steps forward, 4 steps back! How is a scoring issue not a gamebreaker in a golf game? Tiger won at Bay Hill today, but Justin Rose finished 2 strokes back. If they gave Rose the trophy, would that not be a serious issue lol?

And the putting is ridiculous, if I have a 50 foot putt and the biggest fear I have pulling the thumbstick back all the way and into the red, is hitting it 52 feet, where is the challenge or risk/reward factor in that???

Granted, the game does a lot right, but so did MVP baseball until we found out left handers couldn't hit home runs to right field!!! Many of us buy the game to play career mode, if that is broke, why would I not save my $60 or $70 and go back and play TW13. Don't get me wrong, when this is patched, I will buy it that day, but to say a gamebreaking bug is a "fuss" isn't accurate, it's a broken game!!!!

# 143 Gerg04 @ 03/25/13 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanfan23
2 steps forward, 4 steps back! How is a scoring issue not a gamebreaker in a golf game? Tiger won at Bay Hill today, but Justin Rose finished 2 strokes back. If they gave Rose the trophy, would that not be a serious issue lol?

And the putting is ridiculous, if I have a 50 foot putt and the biggest fear I have pulling the thumbstick back all the way and into the red, is hitting it 52 feet, where is the challenge or risk/reward factor in that???

Granted, the game does a lot right, but so did MVP baseball until we found out left handers couldn't hit home runs to right field!!! Many of us buy the game to play career mode, if that is broke, why would I not save my $60 or $70 and go back and play TW13. Don't get me wrong, when this is patched, I will buy it that day, but to say a gamebreaking bug is a "fuss" isn't accurate, it's a broken game!!!!
Look I get it. How does a development team that's been doing this for DECADES mess up the scoring! The most basic fundamental math. Why do we warp to another realm when putting over 20 ft? It's absolutely ridiculous. I'm not arguing how asinine and inexcusable they are. But I'm confident they will be fixed. And when they are, then game will be pretty damn good since IMO the game play and difficulty and fun of the game is already there.

And I hate to break it to you, but your not "saving" any amount of money if you're just going to buy the game after its pitched. ..your still giving EA your money.

# 144 Jordanfan23 @ 03/25/13 07:02 PM
And as much as I really want to buy this game tomorrow, why should I have to be worried about "work a rounds" when I play? I just don't understand why the consumer is responsible for making a $60 or $70 game playable out of the box!!!!

You want a work a round? Hows aboot you delay the game 2 weeks and fix what's broken? You will still sell 10 million copies! Or confirm these bugs and tell us a patch is under way? PGA Tour 93 didn't have a scoring bug! TW13 didn't either! Do RPG fans test these sports games? Don't mash buttons or markers disappear lmao! I'm fearful of what else will be found tomorrow at this point once everyone buys the game!

# 145 Jordanfan23 @ 03/25/13 07:06 PM
Quote:
Look I get it. How does a development team that's been doing this for DECADES mess up the scoring! The most basic fundamental math. Why do we warp to another realm when putting over 20 ft? It's absolutely ridiculous. I'm not arguing how asinine and inexcusable they are. But I'm confident they will be fixed. And when they are, then game will be pretty damn good since IMO the game play and difficulty and fun of the game is already there.

And I hate to break it to you, but your not "saving" any amount of money if you're just going to buy the game after its pitched. ..your still giving EA your money.

I don't mind giving EA my money at all, they have done an incredible job improving all of their sports titles the last few years! What I mind is finding out the main aspect of golf, or the reason you play almost any sport, SCORING, is broken! I agree 100%, the game will be the best TW ever IMO once it is patched, just be responsible and let me know when that may be, or that it is planned!!!!

# 146 Gerg04 @ 03/25/13 07:10 PM
Quote:
And as much as I really want to buy this game tomorrow, why should I have to be worried about "work a rounds" when I play? I just don't understand why the consumer is responsible for making a $60 or $70 game playable out of the box!!!!

You want a work a round? Hows aboot you delay the game 2 weeks and fix what's broken? You will still sell 10 million copies! Or confirm these bugs and tell us a patch is under way? PGA Tour 93 didn't have a scoring bug! TW13 didn't either! Do RPG fans test these sports games? Don't mash buttons or markers disappear lmao! I'm fearful of what else will be found tomorrow at this point once everyone buys the game!
What are you going on about, work around? The eventual patch? I'm not disagreeing with you that the bugs that are present are egregious! Non-sense, terrible, unfathomable even! Sure they could've delayed it for 2 weeks theb endured even more of a back-lash. What's the difference if it's patch pre or post release? I'm not by any means letting EA off the hook, but it is what it is man. It will be fixed. You will give EA your money. You will enjoy it while at the same time being frustrated with certain things. And you will repeat the process next year!

And I say "you" as in: you,me you and every other person who purxhases these games as ENTERTAINMENT. This is not life or death, everything will be ok, promise.

# 147 Jordanfan23 @ 03/25/13 07:11 PM
And I won't even lie, I'm butthurt right now, I've never looked this forward to a golf game before, and almost wish I didn't come on the forums and find out the issues that are present But for someone who loves Career Mode, it makes the game totally unplayable until it's fixed.

# 148 Jordanfan23 @ 03/25/13 07:14 PM
Quote:
What are you going on about, work around? The eventual patch? I'm not disagreeing with your the bugs that are present are egregious! Non-sense, terrible, unfathomable even! Sure they could've delayed it for 2 weeks and ensured even more of a back-lash. What's the difference if it's patch pre or post release? I'm not by any means letting EA off the hook, but it is what it is man. It will be fixed. You will give EA your money. You will enjoy it while at the same time being frustrated with certain things. And you will repeat the process next year! You = me you and every other person who purxhases these games as ENTERTAINMENT. This is not life or death, everything will be ok, promise.

Read the forums, use the search bro. Putting work a round, aim farther, scoring work a round, play only 1 round in a Tourney. While it's not life or death, it IS a problem EA has been plagued with in the past. The scoring thing is unforgivable. I love how you are SO confident it will all be magically fixed and done so quickly, do you know EA's history with patches and bug fixes man?

# 149 Gerg04 @ 03/25/13 07:18 PM
Quote:
Read the forums, use the search bro. Putting work a round, aim farther, scoring work a round, play only 1 round in a Tourney. While it's not life or death, it IS a problem EA has been plagued with in the past. The scoring thing is unforgivable. I love how you are SO confident it will all be magically fixed and done so quickly, do you know EA's history with patches and bug fixes man?
I'm confident it'll be fixed. And in my first post i acknowledged it may take a while. IT SUCKS. But not much changing it now other than letting the devs work on a fix. A patch, the ONLY way it will be fixed. I have read and been reading the forums so I don't need the search feature, bro.

Have even played the game? Or are you just admittedly self proclaimed "butt hurt" by reading everyone else's impressions?

# 150 ASB37 @ 03/25/13 07:22 PM
Can anyone explain the swing path in the lower left to me?

Is that the direction I should be moving the joystick for my back and forward swing? Or is that a projection of the golfer's draw/fade?

# 151 Jordanfan23 @ 03/25/13 07:27 PM
Quote:
I'm confident it'll be fixed. And in my first post i acknowledged it may take a while. IT SUCKS. But not much changing it now other than letting the devs work on a fix. A patch, the ONLY way it will be fixed. I have read and been reading the forums so I don't need the search feature, bro.

Have even played the game? Or are you just admittedly self proclaimed "butt hurt" by reading everyone else's impressions?

No, I haven't played the game, I'm just on here whining because I'm bored lol. And search workaround BRO! I have Season Ticket on both systems, so yes, I've not only played it, I've experienced the bugs. I'm just amazed by your confidence in EA. I want the game to be as good as everyone else, but it obviously is not. I've been buying EA games for over 20 years, sorry I want them to not have gamebreaking bugs overlooked every year, guess I as a consumer have unreal expectations. Just be a good sheep and go buy it, I will do the same, as soon as they patch it and I can win a tournament by having the best score Good day sir!

# 152 Jordanfan23 @ 03/25/13 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASB37
Can anyone explain the swing path in the lower left to me?

Is that the direction I should be moving the joystick for my back and forward swing? Or is that a projection of the golfer's draw/fade?
That is the path you want to move the thumbstick in, like down to 7 o'clock and up to 2 o'clock or whatever it shows.

# 153 ASB37 @ 03/25/13 07:29 PM
Quote:
That is the path you want to move the thumbstick in, like down to 7 o'clock and up to 2 o'clock or whatever it shows.
Thanks...this probably explains why I am all over the place on simulation and tournament.

# 154 Gerg04 @ 03/25/13 07:31 PM
Quote:
No, I haven't played the game, I'm just on here whining because I'm bored lol. And search workaround BRO! I have Season Ticket on both systems, so yes, I've not only played it, I've experienced the bugs. I'm just amazed by your confidence in EA. I want the game to be as good as everyone else, but it obviously is not. I've been buying EA games for over 20 years, sorry I want them to not have gamebreaking bugs overlooked every year, guess I as a consumer have unreal expectations. Just be a good sheep and go buy it, I will do the same, as soon as they patch it and I can win a tournament by having the best score Good day sir!
Ok so we agree then. We're both good sheep who've bought every Madden, NHL, Tiger and possibly Fifa since the 90's. Whether it's day 1 or day 30, they got their $ out both of us. I know what EA will bring, and I know where they will lack. And I know at the very least they will try to fix the inevitable mistakes that go along with making a video game.

You enjoy yours as well. And just know I'm not mad at ya. All I did was express my initial impressions. Good debates are healthy.

# 155 poster @ 03/25/13 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASB37
Did you order via release day delivery?

I don't have prime so I went with the free super saver, says shipment is being prepared.
Yes, I have Prime so it will be here tomorrow.

# 156 Jordanfan23 @ 03/25/13 07:37 PM
Quote:
Ok so we agree then. We're both good sheep who've bought every Madden, NHL, Tiger and possibly Fifa since the 90's. Whether it's day 1 or day 30, they got their $ out both of us. I know what EA will bring, and I know where they will lack. And I know at the very least they will try to fix the inevitable mistakes that go along with making a video game.

That I can live with man, I just really love to dive in to career mode immediately. And believe me when I say I hope they fix this issue and fast because I love the game itself and the additions to it. It has the potential to be the best TW game ever and I believe one of the best golf games ever!

# 157 falcons2003 @ 03/25/13 09:04 PM
I don't mind the load times between holes. But do they get quicker with the retail version? Just curious.

# 158 TheBleedingRed21 @ 03/25/13 09:08 PM
Just made cut and got into the .com tour! Shot a +4 on sim. Birdied the last hole to make cut. I play on normal ai and the scores are really good with sim difficulty. Harder is too unrealistic. Had like pros -24 thru 3 rounds. I thought that was high.

# 159 WhiteMan22 @ 03/25/13 09:26 PM
So what's the scoring bug I'm seeing people talk about? Only seen a few complain, maybe it's only a issue for some?

# 160 Hurricain @ 03/25/13 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I'm gonna PM Sean as he has been excellent in communicating with me and others at the EA board and reiterate how important it is to get the scoring bug fixed now and not later which I'm sure he is aware.
I'm curious to see what he says. I went to the Ea Sports forum and couldn't find any info. Has he mentioned the green speeds or was this "by design".

All in all I'm super bummed out. Was looking forward to picking up my preorder historic edition tomorrow but not anymore.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.