Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Madden NFL 25 gives you the option to relocate your franchise within the Connected Franchise mode. Follow along with Shopmaster, as he relocates the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Source - Connected Franchise: Relocating Your Franchise in Madden NFL 25 (MyMaddenPad)

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 ACardAttack @ 05/22/13 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daze21
except that London is quite a feasible place for a franchise to be relocated to in the next 10 years..

Not Dublin, that's probably just in there following the success of the emerald isle classic coupled with the fact that half of america regards itself as "irish"
London is probably further than 10 years away if I had to guess, I could be wrong, but hope not

# 62 Noble Evildoer @ 05/23/13 03:25 AM
Anybody have any guesses for the available names for each city? Growing up in Little Rock and now living in Jonesboro, AR I've always said I'd root for any pro teams in Memphis, so if I buy Madden I might try to move the Jags there (AFC South works, plus in-state rivalry with Titans, and immediately able to move).

As far as Memphis names I'm thinking they'll probably go with Showboats (USFL team), Blues (music style very popular in the city), and either Southmen or Grizzlies (Southmen being the name of the WFL team and Grizzlies being the name the team used when it tried to get into the NFL). I could also see Hound Dogs (attempted 90s expansion team that lost to Jacksonville and Carolina) being an option.

# 63 d11king @ 05/23/13 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Evildoer
Anybody have any guesses for the available names for each city? Growing up in Little Rock and now living in Jonesboro, AR I've always said I'd root for any pro teams in Memphis, so if I buy Madden I might try to move the Jags there (AFC South works, plus in-state rivalry with Titans, and immediately able to move).

As far as Memphis names I'm thinking they'll probably go with Showboats (USFL team), Blues (music style very popular in the city), and either Southmen or Grizzlies (Southmen being the name of the WLAF team and Grizzlies being the name the team used when it tried to get into the NFL). I could also see Hound Dogs (attempted 90s expansion team that lost to Jacksonville and Carolina) being an option.
Hmm, for Los Angeles, my guesses are

LA Comets (from the LA powerhouse basketball school Westchester)
Red and black

LA Waves (would hope not) would rather have LA Sharks... but for the beaches
Navy blue, light blue and silver

LA Suns (for the weather)
Can't think of a colorway

LA Stars (self explanatory)

Can almost bet, one of the nicknames in the game will have to do with astrology. If not; that would be a big fail on EA.

# 64 Noble Evildoer @ 05/23/13 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
Magenta and Orange like the Southern California Sun?

# 65 Trick13 @ 05/23/13 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
London is probably further than 10 years away if I had to guess, I could be wrong, but hope not
London will never happen, period. The NFL would have to resurrect supersonic passenger jets for it to be even remotely possible and then it will fail big time. The competitive balance will be jacked up due to time zones - hell we have teams that struggle now going across the country!

If people in London want to go to NFL games, then let them use their 40+ days of vacation and spend their dime coming here and dropping cash in our economy. Canada and Mexico are strong possibilities, sharing time zones. I know the NFL, or certain entities therein want international NFL, but their greed will be their downfall and the popularity of the NFL will falter. All empires make the same mistakes - spread too thin and you will perish...

# 66 d11king @ 05/23/13 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Evildoer
Magenta and Orange like the Southern California Sun?

Oh gosh, I would surely hope the uniform doesn't look like that haha. Black, red and yellow would suffice, or basically the Arizona St. Sun Devils football uniforms (the black one though )

# 67 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 05/23/13 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
London will never happen, period. The NFL would have to resurrect supersonic passenger jets for it to be even remotely possible and then it will fail big time. The competitive balance will be jacked up due to time zones - hell we have teams that struggle now going across the country!

If people in London want to go to NFL games, then let them use their 40+ days of vacation and spend their dime coming here and dropping cash in our economy. Canada and Mexico are strong possibilities, sharing time zones. I know the NFL, or certain entities therein want international NFL, but their greed will be their downfall and the popularity of the NFL will falter. All empires make the same mistakes - spread too thin and you will perish...
The folks that enjoy American football in the UK already have a favorite team. Most folks I have chatted with have said that any NFL expansion attempt would flop.

# 68 cuttingteeth @ 05/23/13 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
The folks that enjoy American football in the UK already have a favorite team. Most folks I have chatted with have said that any NFL expansion attempt would flop.
Agreed. NFL Europe shouldn't have folded, as it served very useful purposes. It was its own league with a championship. It allowed players from the local areas to compete along with developmental guys fighting for time in the NFL to vie for roster spots (or at least more solid chances at one). It was specific and tied to the areas overseas. IT WAS FOOTBALL DURING OFFSEASON...haha. Was it inferior competition? No less the way Minor League baseball, hockey, the NBA D-league or others are. The level of talent was what was down, but no matter what level of talent is in any league, competition always presents itself. People can hate on anything less than pro leagues all that they want to, but I guarantee you these same people played sports as a kid, in high school or at least rooted for kids back in the day (or now) and have a contradictory mindset about it.

# 69 Td1984 @ 05/23/13 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
Hmm, for Los Angeles, my guesses are

LA Comets (from the LA powerhouse basketball school Westchester)
Red and black

LA Waves (would hope not) would rather have LA Sharks... but for the beaches
Navy blue, light blue and silver

LA Stars (self explanatory)

Can almost bet, one of the nicknames in the game will have to do with astrology. If not; that would be a big fail on EA.
I can see the LA Dons being an option (that was their AAFC entry- the same league that the Browns and 49ers came from).

# 70 TheManMythNdLegend @ 07/16/13 02:27 PM
I have found a list of all team names. No confirmation but I'm guessing they're legit. Hoping to see some logos soon.

mymaddenpad.com/2013/05/29/top-5-places-relocate-franchise-madden-nfl-25/

# 71 Gronk4M13 @ 07/16/13 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManMythNdLegend
I have found a list of all team names. No confirmation but I'm guessing they're legit. Hoping to see some logos soon.

Good find, man.

# 72 tsallen89 @ 07/22/13 04:58 PM
I agree that it would be great if cities opened up due to their franchise moving (ex: Jacksonville, Buffalo, etc.) It would be nice if next year EA allowed fans to vote on some of the chosen cities, logos, names, etc. But you all have to admit that for them to actually try and add something that is totally well done instead of just throwing a random thing at the buyer (ex: mascot mode in NCAA, the "passing cone" in earlier Madden '08 i think) is pretty legit. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here considering they brought back an updated and improved fan favorite. Especially since their will be no "HOME TEAM" Mexico City MONSTERS with a clip art logo.

# 73 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 07/24/13 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManMythNdLegend

The ones that are of interest to me (in order of how they appear on that link):
LA Aftershock
Toronto Mounties (if the logo is cool)
Mexico City Conquistadors
San Antonio Marshalls
Oklahoma City Night Hawks
Salt Lake Pioneers (I wonder if it'll be Salt Lake or just Utah for the team name)
Memphis Egyptians
Chicago Blues
Sacramento Redwoods
Columbus Aviators and Columbus Panhandles (really curious to see what the Panhandles jerseys look like)
All of the Portland teams
Dublin Celtic Tigers

# 74 NDAlum @ 07/27/13 09:16 PM
Any word on the uniforms yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

# 75 Reed1417 @ 07/28/13 04:34 PM
I've been waiting for Owner Mode to come back for a long time now. I am of the excite.

# 76 justwinbaby42 @ 07/29/13 05:47 PM
Some are not as bad as I expected. I like the Toronto Huskies and Orlando Sentinals. I just hope the uniforms look ok.

# 77 imskykid @ 07/29/13 07:52 PM
This was posted in the thread that contains various videos from a recent event... this one is specific to relocating a franchise. You get to see the uniform options for the LA Aftershocks and the start of an actual game with the new team in their new stadium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg4qb...qZacBEnTs8uxlQ

# 78 justwinbaby42 @ 07/29/13 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imskykid
This was posted in the thread that contains various videos from a recent event... this one is specific to relocating a franchise. You get to see the uniform options for the LA Aftershocks and the start of an actual game with the new team in their new stadium.

That is awesome!

# 79 d11king @ 07/30/13 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imskykid

Ugh.... That video is so frigging awesome, thats the only thing I wanted to see haha. Now I don't know what stadium I want, I gotta say that stadium didn't impress me as much as I thought it would when I was imagining Deluxe Futuristic Stadium.. Wanna see what the sphere would look like as well, but I want to move the Rams to LA and I feel like our stadium would be open, given the weather.

Either way thank you for posting this link man, really made my day.

EDIT: After second glance, that stadium is pretty neat!

# 80 OReilly10 @ 07/30/13 10:44 AM
I apologize if this has been answered... but will a cpu team relocate in my Franchise/owner mode?

One of the coolest/most memorable things that have happened to me sports gaming wise is on an old version of Madden, Miami moved to Boston to become the Knights... It was really cool to have an evolving league.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.