Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

If you can't see the video above, check it out on YouTube.

Madden NFL 25 officially debuted Madden Share, a new feature within the Madden franchise this morning. It's a sort of in-game social network, with the ability to share things like roster files, slider sets, custom playbooks, and more.

The custom playbooks in Madden Share will allow you to mix and match plays from a variety of teams -- and they can be imported into your connected franchise. Every content item uploaded will be able to be rated by users and then sorted by users as well.

The Madden Share feature will be free to use and will be available at launch with Madden NFL 25 on August 27th.

What do you think of Madden share? Will you be using it?

Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Danimal @ 06/24/13 01:29 PM
"Best of all, it’s completely free."

Sorry couldn't help but laugh at that.

# 2 DeuceDouglas @ 06/24/13 01:29 PM
This would have been awesome last year with the playcalling issues.

I don't know how many plays an average default team playbook has but I saw in the video that there was 400 available plays for customs so that could be huge in adding to teams default playbooks to get them to play more like their counterparts, coaches, imaginary coach persona, etc.

This definitely looks awesome in terms of CFM possibilities.

# 3 ccoaxum @ 06/24/13 01:30 PM
its cool but i still want back the mode where you actually create your on plays....that was nice.

# 4 brandon27 @ 06/24/13 01:31 PM
Nice!! It's about time! Ability to share rosters, sliders and playbooks has been long overdue IMO.

# 5 RandyBass @ 06/24/13 01:39 PM
I like it, but so many questions:

Can you create a full old school roster, or is there still a created player limit? If there's still a limit, then this feature is kind of meh.

Are sliders still messed up, for like the umpteenth year in a row, with certain sliders equating to certain difficulty levels? I really hated how the sliders have been set up, and if they haven't fixed this for Madden 25 I really have to wonder.

Can you assign custom playbooks to AI controlled teams? If not, again, kind of meh.

# 6 aholbert32 @ 06/24/13 01:43 PM
This is a game changer for me.

One of my biggest frustrations when it came to Madden was the AI's ability when it came to calling plays and the limitation of most teams playbooks. Playbook share (assuming that it works right) could eliminate this.

For example, if you notice that the CPU calls 4 Verts too much....just remove it from that teams playbook.

I dont have the time or knowledge to revise each teams playbook to have them play like they do in real life but I bet someone (or a group of people) at OS will. The ease of downloading their work and assigning the playbook to my and the CPU's team will be awesome.

# 7 howboutdat @ 06/24/13 01:45 PM
ok , so , im not at all impressed with this whole "madden share feature" , good thing its totally free! i mean , im not sure how i feel about people rating others playbooks and then having a list of them with the ones " that gives you the best chance to win" being found at the top. to me , this sounds like the books with the most glitchy plays in them . there had best be an option in online CF to not allow any custom playbooks, or i see this becoming a problem for online leagues.at the very least of , they should allow us to see what playbooks our opponent is picking for offense and defense before the game starts, like they used to , so we can at least know if someone is using some playbook full of cheats. i dunno, i just see this as something thats gonna become an issue ....... free or not....

# 8 aholbert32 @ 06/24/13 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass

Can you assign custom playbooks to AI controlled teams? If not, again, kind of meh.
Worse case scenario it can be done in a roundabout way like in Madden 12. What you do is at the controller select screen, take a second controller, move it to the AI controlled team and select the playbook you want to use. After the game starts, take the controller and move it to the middle. The CPU will continue to use the custom playbook.

# 9 aholbert32 @ 06/24/13 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
So , i dont understand what is so awesome about this here. share playbooks??? i mean if im doing a custom playbook, ill just set it up with the plays i really like ,so ill be happy enough with that. share sliders..... ummmm i guess thats cool. share rosters??? ummmmmmmmmmmmm not sure i care about this..... so what is it im missing that makes this feature so awesome? anyone

Its awesome because we can now share all of those things easily. No more relying on EA for roster updates.

# 10 NDAlum @ 06/24/13 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Worse case scenario it can be done in a roundabout way like in Madden 12. What you do is at the controller select screen, take a second controller, move it to the AI controlled team and select the playbook you want to use. After the game starts, take the controller and move it to the middle. The CPU will continue to use the custom playbook.
I did this with NCAA 12 and it absolutely made playing the CPU better. So much better it was unreal.

# 11 DeuceDouglas @ 06/24/13 01:53 PM
Quote:
You could do this in M13 as well. Not sure if it was different in M12 but, in M13, you didn't have to start the game before you moved it back to the middle.

# 12 Godgers12 @ 06/24/13 01:54 PM
I would have loved it if they included sheared custom draft classes this year. That feature has worked well with NBA2k, over the years. In a way sheared draft classes is better than the import draft feature. Import draft is very flawed, especially when you get players that should be a top 5 draft pick coming in with a mid 60's rating. I can easily see Clowney coming in at a 65 OVR, 74 speed for instance. this way with custom drafts, someone like Knight can sit down and pain stakingly create the classes from scratch so that doesn't happen. They could even add the option for choosing from a set of backstories. The only downside to this is that the person that uploads, and the person who downloads has inside knowledge to each class, so it may be an unfair advantage to those of us who play online franchise. However, once uploaded to your league the system could randomlyu pick out a few players who willl be busts. But this is a step in the right direction, I can't wait till we can shear created plays too.

# 13 azdawgpound @ 06/24/13 01:55 PM
im hoping this works better then the stuff the wwe games has which is basically same thing u create moves etc but since they introduced it 2 yrs ago its been a crap shoot to get on to d/l the stuff. so im hoping they work out the kinks on the server there gonna use for this.its a good idea but could be a huge pain like I said if servers crash when trying to d/l roster,sliders,etc.

# 14 fnz21 @ 06/24/13 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I would have loved it if they included sheared custom draft classes this year. That feature has worked well with NBA2k, over the years. In a way sheared draft classes is better than the import draft feature. Import draft is very flawed, especially when you get players that should be a top 5 draft pick coming in with a mid 60's rating. I can easily see Clowney coming in at a 65 OVR, 74 speed for instance. this way with custom drafts, someone like Knight can sit down and pain stakingly create the classes from scratch so that doesn't happen. They could even add the option for choosing from a set of backstories. The only downside to this is that the person that uploads, and the person who downloads has inside knowledge to each class, so it may be an unfair advantage to those of us who play online franchise. However, once uploaded to your league the system could randomlyu pick out a few players who willl be busts. But this is a step in the right direction, I can't wait till we can shear created plays too.
The reason Custom Draft Classes work so well in NBA 2k is because there's, at most, 80 players in each draft class. The amount of players that get drafted in the NFL are, at least, 4 times that amount and then there's the undrafted players as well.

Unless you're talking about just seeing the draft classes beforehand and editing them, and not starting completely from scratch, becuase I think that could work / make sense.

# 15 DirtyJerz32 @ 06/24/13 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
You could do this in M13 as well. Not sure if it was different in M12 but, in M13, you didn't have to start the game before you moved it back to the middle.
How did you do this is CCM?

# 16 DeuceDouglas @ 06/24/13 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
How did you do this is CCM?
Two controllers, move one to the CPU side and press Y, I believe, like you're selecting uniforms and you could change the CPU's playbooks. Only problem was, most of them didn't work correctly.

# 17 RandyBass @ 06/24/13 02:14 PM
Quote:
That's pretty much a no case scenario for me. I don't know, I kind of have to draw the line somewhere, as I feel I shouldn't have to jump through hoops just to enjoy a game. The guys (and gals?) at EA should take it upon themselves to get this stuff in their game, stuff that is long overdue. I have a hard time supporting it otherwise.

# 18 aholbert32 @ 06/24/13 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
That's pretty much a no case scenario for me. I don't know, I kind of have to draw the line somewhere, as I feel I shouldn't have to jump through hoops just to enjoy a game. The guys (and gals?) at EA should take it upon themselves to get this stuff in their game, stuff that is long overdue. I have a hard time supporting it otherwise.
Its moving a controller over to one side and moving it back.

# 19 Blazelore @ 06/24/13 02:22 PM
Well I guess FBG ratings this year it is!

# 20 msdm27 @ 06/24/13 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazelore
Well I guess FBG ratings this year it is!
Mmmm.... this would be really hard to pull off in CFM.... if you use FBG ratings that would only mean that most of the incoming rookies from pre-made draft classes would be beasts straight away and eventually dominate all starting positions, thus leaving the "realistic" rosters/ratings at a disadvantage.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.