Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

NCAA Football 14 is available now for EA Sports Season Ticket subscribers. Post your impressions here.

As a reminder, this is not a topic for questions. Please use the NCAA Football 14 Q&A thread for that.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Balrog @ 07/05/13 08:26 PM
Running the ball is difficult. I played as Notre Dame vs Temple and I averaged 3.1 ypc. Overall the game is very much improved. The crowd was playing the chant "seven nation Army" which I thought was freakin awesome. Everything seemed very fluid. The only thing I didn't like is that I feel like the crowd volume is on 1/2 of what it should be. I had crowd volume maxed and it was just meh. Come on EA crank that crowd!

# 122 RnRexpress3423 @ 07/05/13 08:33 PM
I like the game a bit so far but why does FSU have gray facemasks?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

# 123 jeremym480 @ 07/05/13 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Just lost 42-6 at Oregon as USC. Heisman, CPU/HUM QBA at 5.

Either I really suck at this game, or the CPU is just really good. I'm guessing it's a little bit of both.
It could be both. I only know this because I'm in the same boat

I've played on Heisman the last few years and I chose my first matchup (ULL vs GT) because I used ULL last year in my OD. I upset quite a few teams with them like Florida and Nebraska.

In my first game this year I got trounced 56-21. For my 2nd game I decided to use Bama against GT and was getting beat 17-0 at halftime. They already had 170+ rushing yards in the first half. I decided that maybe I need to go back to AA and/or the Skills Trainer before my confidence took anymore of a beating.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

# 124 itsdirtsworld @ 07/05/13 08:45 PM
I have been playing NCAA 12 since it came out in July 11 (skipped 13') so this is a big upgrade for me. Game plays smooth and the new engine works must of the time (funky stuff happens during gang tackling). As of right now I say its the best NCAA game play experience on PS3.. Can't wait for the rosters.

One thing I notice that Heisman is reallllly tough but thats a good thing.

# 125 BadAssHskr @ 07/05/13 08:47 PM
Funny how everyones opinion varries so much.

I thought the game was visually an upgrade from the demo, players to me look better sized, less cartooney, and it grabs that life like feel on closeups.

I felt slow game speed was faster than the demo.

I felt normal view was father away than the demo.

Sound seems to be tuned differently, its not louder, quieter, better or worse, just tuned different.

New menus are very nice.

Half time seems like a huge improvement, loved how they actually had a conversation.

Anyhow, most of you are better at reviews than me, so this is my observation of 1 half of play.

More play time for me later tonight.

Finally Nebraska has Red Fans!

# 126 hazelhood19 @ 07/05/13 08:51 PM
I'll just say this. Not sure if its because I've always played on PS3 or what, but this game looks amazing on 360. I'm having an absolute blast so far. I can't even get through a half without changing matchups. Loving it!

# 127 TarHeelPhenom @ 07/05/13 08:52 PM
Preshate you guys feedback. I've taken the liberty to take 10pts off QB Throw PWR and ACC across the board using the editor. Keep it coming fellas!!!

# 128 gator3guy @ 07/05/13 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RnRexpress3423
I like the game a bit so far but why does FSU have gray facemasks?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Seems that's the case for a lot of teams. Another glitch EA hasn't been able to figure out this gen.

# 129 colkilla @ 07/05/13 09:13 PM
I saw a screenshot Steve posted and FSU had garnet facemasks...

# 130 TripleCrown9 @ 07/05/13 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colkilla
I saw a screenshot Steve posted and FSU had garnet facemasks...
Probably from the 360

# 131 richmondn96 @ 07/05/13 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Probably from the 360
Gah, why does the PS3 still have so many graphical issues??? Notre Dame helmets, 3D grass, stadium lighting (last year), "jaggies" and now facemasks! It can't be the system, just look at MLB The Show. This is inexcusable!

# 132 21SEC @ 07/05/13 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Preshate you guys feedback. I've taken the liberty to take 10pts off QB Throw PWR and ACC across the board using the editor. Keep it coming fellas!!!
You used Xan's editor and did not have an issue importing the file back onto the Xbox?

# 133 Scottsomnia @ 07/05/13 09:41 PM
All I know is in having a lot of fun playing

# 134 The JareBear @ 07/05/13 09:50 PM
Here's me take after 2 heisman 8 min qtr CPU games and 5 ranked matches

Are there still some legacy issues/glitches that will probably always be on this gen of games? Yes

Is it am improvement? Unquestionably.

It's fun. The CPU rush attack will be enough to keep me involved in a dynasty for at least 6 seasons offline. Ranked matches are gonna be cheezed out even more than usual. Seems like user catching got a big bump this year I've seen rocket catches that I haven't seen since NCAA 10.

There is a lot to like IMO

I haven't seen the big glitches yet so I'm crossing my fingers there. The spread attack is super fun.

# 135 shando14 @ 07/05/13 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsomnia
All I know is in having a lot of fun playing
Very well said good sir...

# 136 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/05/13 09:58 PM
Issues I am having with this game:

1. Ball carriers fall down way too much after the 1st hit and simply from tripping over shoe string tackles. It is as though the CPU don't ever use the stumble recovery feature at all.

2. Left defensive ends get majority of the sacks in a 4 man rush. This is mainly because of reason #3.

3. QBs scramble to the right 95% of the time. Even if the left is open or middle is open, CPU QB favor the right way too much. They scramble right, drift right.

4. If a RB weighs 230 or higher, no way in the world should he be brought down by 1 person 99% of the time up high. This is mainly a problem for the CPU ball carrier. They truck too late and end up getting blasted backwards by a LB or way smaller safety.

5. Punt returns for the CPU is back to being brain dead again. It was pretty decent in the demo, but now they are back into running head 1st in the wall of tacklers instead of going to the left or right.

Other then that, I am having a blast. EA just need to increase the balance of ball carriers for they won't fall down with the slightest touch. It reminds me of when Madden 13 came out, ball carriers use to fall down from the slightest touch too. Mainly a CPU ball carrier problem because the CPU don't ever use stumble recovery.

And stop the QB from favoring his right side. They drift to the right and scramble to the right majority of the time, which leads to the majority of the sacks going to the left defensive end because the QB goes directly into him.

And fix the brain dead CPU AI on punt returns. They are suffering from tunnel vision again.

# 137 Quint75 @ 07/05/13 09:58 PM
Played 3 games, initial impressions are very positive. Most importantly, despite earlier reports, the CPU is calling time outs appropriately at the end of each half.

My only concerns thus far:

- have yet to see a fumble. May just be an anomaly at this point but why EA doesn't include a fumble slider I will never know.

- penalties are same old/ same old as usual.

- my custom stadium sounds I use for my team builder team (I imported their fight song) has a glitch in the form of a short audio drop out right before it plays every single time. It really takes you out of the moment.

On the positive side, after very limited playing time the gameplay sliders seem to be working as they should.

I played a game as Army and man, their secondary is awful. Couldn't stop North Texas at all. Gonna have my work cut out for me when I start my dynasty. OTOH, the option is really a thing of beauty in this game.

# 138 The JareBear @ 07/05/13 10:01 PM
Also, sliders and auto-subs seem to work perfectly so far

# 139 Swamp Swagger @ 07/05/13 10:03 PM
I'm really surprised about all the negative reviews, comments, ect.

I usually agree Ncaa has been average at best for a while but the gameplay of 14 just feels like such a fresh breath of air and I've played every Ncaa every year for I don't know how long.

# 140 bwburke94 @ 07/05/13 10:04 PM
Apparently having ten conferences with conference championship games removes the useless week 15 from the schedule. Nice.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.