Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

NCAA Football 14 is available now for EA Sports Season Ticket subscribers. Post your impressions here.

As a reminder, this is not a topic for questions. Please use the NCAA Football 14 Q&A thread for that.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 BenGerman @ 07/05/13 07:17 PM
Down 24-3 to Oregon as USC. Mariotta just took off on a 3rd and 9 from the forty yard line and scored, untouched. He was on the right hash when he left the pocket, and ended up sprinting down the left sideline as he scored.

Awesome.

# 102 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/05/13 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferweezy
Im not feeling the game so far. To the core it's still doesn't replicate football. It's like putting make-up on and ugly chick. It may appear better, but to the core its still hideous.

This version of the infinity engine took a step back from maddens. The collisions are terrible and unnatural , Penalties still doesn't work, The Kicking game is too easy. The Sliders options don't work like it should. This game feels too generic. I don't understand why people are loving this and settling for trash time and time again.

I can't stand the robotic feel of this game. EA needs to be like Visual Concepts and do motion capture for the whole game. No matter how hard the crap development team of Tiburon tries to fix the player movements. It will still look like crap and unnatural. I'm tired of getting force fed this game time again from EA.
If you feel this engine is worse than Madden 13's, I cannot take your impression serious. The collisions look light years better and the after math is a lot cleaner.

I just feel your post is leading people in the wrong direction on a lot of false premises.

EDIT::

Basically explain why sliders dont work, explain your complaints..

# 103 Ferweezy @ 07/05/13 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
If you feel this engine is worse than Madden 13's, I cannot take your impression serious. The collisions look light years better and the after math is a lot cleaner.

I just feel your post is leading people in the wrong direction on a lot of false premises.

EDIT::

Basically explain why sliders don't work, explain your complaints..
For one the CPU QB are still too accurate even if you turn the sliders down to the lowest settings. Low OVR QB playing like Peyton Manning. I don't need to explain the lack of penalties. Only plus I can say is the running game is better but that is it. It is basically NCAA 13 with the infinity engine and better run game. The improvements from NCAA 13 to 14 aren't was big like it was NCAA 12 to 13. They why I'm glad I'm gameflying this game this year. It's not worth a 60$ purchase in my opinion.

# 104 schumj @ 07/05/13 07:39 PM
I must be getting older, Or Heisman default is finally tough. Played Nebraska vs ODU, and my d could not stop anything. TMart committed 3 INTs and lost 24-21. Boy I hope my blackshirts are better than I am with them. Love the difficulty. I need lots of practice this year.

# 105 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/05/13 07:42 PM
Quote:
For one the CPU QB are still too accurate even if you turn the sliders down to the lowest settings. Low OVR QB playing like Peyton Manning. I don't need to explain the lack of penalties. Only plus I can say is the running game is better but that is it. It is basically NCAA 13 with the infinity engine and better run game. The improvements from NCAA 13 to 14 aren't was big like it was NCAA 12 to 13. They why I'm glad I'm gameflying this game this year. It's not worth a 60$ purchase in my opinion.
I have played 4 games. Had 2 defensive pass interference and 1 offensive. Sounds improved to me.

# 106 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/05/13 07:45 PM
^ About every tackle I have seen is gang tackles.. This is not an arguing thread though, so I will leave it at that.

# 107 The JareBear @ 07/05/13 07:46 PM
Ok, heisman all default, me LA Tech at home vs G Tech

8 min qtrs

I lost 45-36

Georgia Tech -

12 first downs
33 rushes - 262 yards
4/5 passing. 110 yards
Zero turnovers, sacked 3x

La tech, me

28 first downs
36 rushes, 184 yards
30/41 passing, 342 yards, 4 INTs, sacked 2x

Two of the four INTs were returned for TDs

I felt it was a little easy to move the ball, if a streak was called against any cover 2 zone it was am easy completion every time. Except for one weird play where it ignored a wide open sideline and ran back into his pursuit the CPU ball carrier made smart moves.

I didn't feel the picks were crazy or cheap, no heisman weirdness, just good coverage and bad decision in my part.

I'm still not sure if I wanna go heisman sliders or AA sliders this year.

# 108 Ferweezy @ 07/05/13 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
PLEASE explain penalties to me. I have played 4 games. Had 2 defensive pass interference and 1 offensive. Sounds improved to me.
I've had play 3 12 min qtr games and had a total of 4 penalties over the span of those games. It doesn't get called as often as it should. I understand EA doesn't want to have penalties impacting user games, but its a part of the game.

# 109 Dos_Santos @ 07/05/13 07:50 PM
Something about this game is lifeless and soulless.

Going to give it a couple more games but I think I am going to sit out again this year.

# 110 xcrushx @ 07/05/13 07:54 PM
Just started a dynasty and the first thing I noticed was the ACC's schedule is completely wrong. Why is the ACC playing 9 conference games? It completely kills any realism of the schedule.

# 111 Ferweezy @ 07/05/13 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos_Santos

Going to give it a couple more games but I think I am going to sit out again this year.
It's lifeless and soulless because EA doesn't use motion capture. That is the main reason I'm turned off by this game. I'm not trying to compare but this is fact. The people over at 2K has master the art of motion capture and implementing it in their games. 2K bring in real pro players to do mo-cap every year.

Motion cap bring an element of life that no computer generated program can do. I just wish EA use their resources like they should so we can enjoy a good football game.

# 112 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/05/13 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrushx
Just started a dynasty and the first thing I noticed was the ACC's schedule is completely wrong. Why is the ACC playing 9 conference games? It completely kills any realism of the schedule.
I think it is a bug.

# 113 BigDofBA @ 07/05/13 07:59 PM
I was a bit excited after playing the demo but I just played three games online and it does seem a bit souless.

It's really not that much different. I don't know if I would play it that much if I bought it since its more of the same.

Does online seem a bit laggy to anyone else?

It doesn't seem as smooth as last year.

# 114 The_Wise_One @ 07/05/13 08:12 PM
Coach skills, goals and XP or extremely addicting.

# 115 bnb @ 07/05/13 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Fellows just my personal opinion with the short time I've had with this game. It's not finished plain and simple.

I hate to say it but I can't/wouldn't recommend this game to anyone right now. I'm on ps3 and it's a bug filled experience. Things have improved from the demo but critical game changing bugs/issues exist and it's often

Cpu getting called for Delay of game after scoring a TD. Game just sits at the endzone as the playclock counts down

After int's the ball spot is completely wrong.

It has some good things going for it but just the 2 above mentioned can drastically change the outcome of a game
yeah, i'm with you for the most part. on ps3 myself and through 1 full game, i didn't see any celebration after touchdowns, no commentary, nothing. just the camera on the ball in the endzone with the clock ticking. don't get me started on the jaggies and the absurdly blurry mess during user-replays.

i'm liking the way it's playing for the most part, but the frame rate is struggling pretty badly also, at least before and after plays. i can't put my finger on it, but it "hitches" in spots. i'm certainly going to give it a few more games, but season ticket might be it for me this year. sad.

# 116 gator3guy @ 07/05/13 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos_Santos

I agree. Every game feels the same. Every team just about runs that poorly implemented no huddle. Not too many "Wow" moments. It's a solid game. Probably the best of the generation, but that is a backhanded compliment.

# 117 Skyboxer @ 07/05/13 08:17 PM
Quote:
For one the CPU QB are still too accurate even if you turn the sliders down to the lowest settings. Low OVR QB playing like Peyton Manning.
Totally not true. While working on settings I had to raise the cpu up from 0 as after Some 3 or so possesions the cpu was 1-10 passing.
Some balls not even remotely close to wr.

So for me the acc sliders seem to work fine.

# 118 canes2008 @ 07/05/13 08:18 PM
Looks and plays well on PS3.

# 119 BenGerman @ 07/05/13 08:18 PM
Just lost 42-6 at Oregon as USC. Heisman, CPU/HUM QBA at 5.

Either I really suck at this game, or the CPU is just really good. I'm guessing it's a little bit of both.

# 120 o Elevate o @ 07/05/13 08:25 PM
Quote:
Im not feeling the game so far. To the core it's still doesn't replicate football. It's like putting make-up on and ugly chick. It may appear better, but to the core its still hideous.
Uh, not sure this is the best analogy...

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.