Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has revealed a new blocking system in NBA 2K14, which will also include the ability to block dunks.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 The Lob Mob @ 08/06/13 09:41 PM
Having a defensive PF as a MyPlayer, & being that I'm going to re-create him next game (unless they allow me to import him) this is MUSIC to my ears.

# 102 Daking0325 @ 08/06/13 09:43 PM
No Way you're telling me they're bring back a fundamental part of basketball You gotta be kidding me

Well it's about time they brought it back from 2k11, if you're gonna get rid of the canimations 2k11 had then you have to come up with an alternative to compensate and if this is what they have then bring it on.

I couldn't stomach another year of those outrageously exaggerated dunks in traffic and not being able to do a thing about it, it's like there wasn't that intimidation factor in the paint to deter them from ramming the paint.........but now

# 103 stillfeelme @ 08/06/13 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
I honestly had no clue. WTF is the reasoning behind that?
I guess Microsoft threw some money at 2K to promote a specific feature. If they have it for curses why can't it be for a hard foul. They can go to the review monitor and review whether it was a flagrant 1 or 2. All of this happens enough throughout the year.

# 104 DonWuan @ 08/06/13 09:52 PM
why is the a new feature, should have been in the game long ago.

# 105 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/06/13 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I guess Microsoft threw some money at 2K to promote a specific feature. If they have it for curses why can't it be for a hard foul. They can go to the review monitor and review whether it was a flagrant 1 or 2. All of this happens enough throughout the year.
That is straight BS. If they did that, there is NO reason (that I can think of) why we shouldn't have techs and flagrants across all platforms and systems.

# 106 BUCKSWEATSHIRT @ 08/06/13 09:59 PM
Quote:
That is straight BS. If they did that, there is NO reason (that I can think of) why we shouldn't have techs and flagrants across all platforms and systems.
The NBA won't allow it. It's not 2K's fault.

# 107 Eman5805 @ 08/06/13 10:05 PM
I remember Beluba or someone said that the dribbling system of last year was basically just an incomplete precursor to what they really wanted to bring out and we'd understand better this year. I anticipate another embargo lifting and people will rave about how the game handles...well, ball handling.

# 108 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/06/13 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSWEATSHIRT
The NBA won't allow it. It's not 2K's fault.
Then how'd it get on the Kinect version?

# 109 BUCKSWEATSHIRT @ 08/06/13 10:12 PM
Quote:
Then how'd it get on the Kinect version?
I'm talking about flagrants, they think it makes the league look bad.

# 110 m1ke_nyc @ 08/06/13 10:14 PM
The questions I have is can every dunk animation be blocked ? And are the blocks dynamic or canned ?

# 111 Eman5805 @ 08/06/13 10:18 PM
I wonder, can you even block an alley oop?

# 112 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/06/13 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSWEATSHIRT
I'm talking about flagrants, they think it makes the league look bad.
I know that, but even still, they've had animations in the past that would be called flagrants in real life. So if you can have that, and have technical fouls, why not have the ability to be called for a flagrant foul?

# 113 BUCKSWEATSHIRT @ 08/06/13 10:23 PM
Quote:
I know that, but even still, they've had animations in the past that would be called flagrants in real life. So if you can have that, and have technical fouls, why not have the ability to be called for a flagrant foul?
Good point.

# 114 Eman5805 @ 08/06/13 10:30 PM
Quote:
Because the league itself wishes there was no flagrant fouls in the actual game, I bet. And the thing on Kinect was a punishment for players that curse outloud and the Kinect picks it up.

It's all about image. The world of NBA 2K is a perfect world. It's just like when the NFL shut down NFL Street having players play in gritty warehouses and parking lots or whatever they were doing.

NBA's stamp, NBA's rules and what they say goes.

# 115 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/06/13 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Because the league itself wishes there was no flagrant fouls in the actual game, I bet. And the thing on Kinect was a punishment for players that curse outloud and the Kinect picks it up.

It's all about image. The world of NBA 2K is a perfect world. It's just like when the NFL shut down NFL Street having players play in gritty warehouses and parking lots or whatever they were doing.

NBA's stamp, NBA's rules and what they say goes.
I understand all of that. The point is that the NBA claims to enforce these rules, but they're clearly not. So just get rid of them.

# 116 KyotoCarl @ 08/06/13 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Good to hear!!!

Few artistic things, which may have already been mentioned. The blue color of the Golden State's unis....what's up with that? Iggy wearing white accessories on the road (most likely this still hasn't been fixed...sigh). And Lebron James with a wingspan of a 5th grader.
After all these years with jerseys with the wrong color (been like this since Live 97 more or less) makes me think it's some sort of copyright issue or such, not some 2K refuses or ignores to fix.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 117 LeBronistheKing @ 08/07/13 12:18 AM
Very excited of the possibilites in this feature. Chase down blocks hopefully included as well as the possibility to recreate LeBron blocking Splitter. Also aesthetic wise I see LeBron has his "I Promise" rubberbands on his wrists. That's a nice touch I was personally going for. Hoping those are also on his next gen player model as well, and that they are editable as he doesn't always wear the black "I Promise" bands sometimes he wears white at home with red or black writing or red with white writing. It would be nice to have the option. Cannot wait to see more Next Gen screenshots and hopefully more gameplay.

# 118 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/07/13 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Iggy wearing white accessories on the road
Got a surprise for you:

# 119 DaBoyBk @ 08/07/13 12:23 AM
Well that is one area addressed lets see what else is in-store in the next couple of weeks

# 120 wisdom @ 08/07/13 02:57 AM
in nba 2k12 you can block dunk
in nba 2k13 you can't block dunk
in nba 2k14 you can block dunk ( new feature)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.