Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Unfortunately, there will not be a demo for NBA 2K14. Here is the official response.

Quote:
No #NBA2K14 demo as dev's are making two unique games that harness the technology of current and next gen. Excited to share more soon!

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 The 24th Letter @ 09/24/13 09:43 PM
It's $0.00 if you don't buy it

Anyway, I won't kill the messenger here...the demo/ announcement was most likely out of LD2k's hands

His title is right under his username fellas

Very disappointed though

# 22 KyotoCarl @ 09/24/13 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickYoungGoat
Lol 2k don't wanna expose your product huh?, I don't see how fanboys can conclude why this product should be $60
Noone has an obligation to buy it. No need for comments like yours.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 23 alkamist @ 09/24/13 09:45 PM
lmao can you say nba 2k13 demo, they dont want to put it out because its the same game but renamed it! come on it cant be that hard to put out a demo, im not buying this game, ill wait for all of you to start crying that its the same game, theres to many glitches, so many bugs....

# 24 spankdatazz22 @ 09/24/13 09:47 PM
I'm not too shocked there wasn't a demo released today, but shocked there won't be a demo at all. I love the work they've done on their previous releases and this year's release is looking great from the vids and hands-on impressions we've gotten so I was a day one purchase regardless - they didn't need to prove anything to me. But still very surprised there will be no demo at all.

# 25 WaddupCouzin @ 09/24/13 09:52 PM
If you were waiting to be swayed off the fence by the demo, you're probably not much of a videogame basketball player to begin with. As someone said in an earlier post, the game comes out in a week, less than that if you can find a mom and pop store in the Bronx! lol!

# 26 Mr_Riddick @ 09/24/13 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k

Unfortunately, there will not be a demo for NBA 2K14. Here is the official response.
Next Gen should be Off The Meat Rack! Who cares what happens current gen.

# 27 andeee @ 09/24/13 10:06 PM
How many resources could it possibly take to whip up a demo? Come on.

# 28 ccoaxum @ 09/24/13 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
If you were waiting to be swayed off the fence by the demo, you're probably not much of a videogame basketball player to begin with. As someone said in an earlier post, the game comes out in a week, less than that if you can find a mom and pop store in the Bronx! lol!
not as far as not being not much of basketball videogame player..some of us really like to play the demo to see how it feels..perfect reason would be that they change the controls..why would i buy a game if i might not like the controls or the feeling to it..yea you can change the control layout but it throws the whole game of when its not played the way its suppose to be played...ppl want a demo so they can have time to feel the game and see if its worth buying, or worth paying full price for...just like alot of ppl is not going to even give the other company a chance because they havent been out in long time so ppl really going to want to play a demo first to see how it plays first..having this minds does not make you a non basketball videogame player..it makes you smart consumer who wants to spend their money on a good product!

# 29 ccoaxum @ 09/24/13 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andeee
How many resources could it possibly take to whip up a demo? Come on.
lol so true....i was really hoping to get my hands on the demo because i'm one of the ppl who was slowly getting sick of this game..so this is really disappointing but at the same time i wasn't going to get it on current gen anyways but if they claim its going to be two different games then whateve..lets how next gen looks and plays!

# 30 andeee @ 09/24/13 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbfn04
Love how people are like "screw you 2K" while giving EA another pass.

Maybe they decided a demo would not be in the comany's interest since the changes seem to be more for the SIM palyers/smart basketball players to notice in a short time
Who the hell is giving EA a pass? You do realize you're under the NBA 2K section of the forum, right? This thread didn't even have any mentions of EA until you posted.

# 31 UnbelievablyRAW @ 09/24/13 10:14 PM
The thing is, even if 2k14 is an improvement, not putting out a demo gives the impression that they do not want people to get there hands on it and crucify the game a week before release.

Probably not gonna buy the game, and I'll see what EA has to offer with their game as well.

From the gameplay videos I've seen, the game looks like 2k13 with more collisions and a consistent blocking system. I can skip 2k14 and I wouldn't be missing much

# 32 IYoDa @ 09/24/13 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shegotgame
I'm going to buy it on the first day; however, as written, that twitter status is nonsense (I would consider writing another one that is more clear). Doesn't mean anything. Those are just words. Are you trying to say that the devs didn't have time to build a demo because they were focused on delivering their respective games? I understand, if that's the case. I'm not one of those people who are all hot under the collar because we aren't getting a demo. I'm just saying, there is a better way to say that if my interpretation is correct.

Game looks good; see you online!
Omg guys, get a clue.
2k12 - demo
2k13 - demo
2k14 - COMMUNITY TEST.

Anyone expecting a demo has no clue

# 33 IrOnKoBe @ 09/24/13 10:19 PM
lol its the same game as last year thats why they not releaseing a demo

# 34 RipCityAndy @ 09/24/13 10:21 PM
Booo.

Ok, I'm not going to jump on the "these devs are lazy" train because I'm sure that isn't true. I have faith that the developers have been working their butts off and are good people. I have been an avid 2k basketball player for the last 5 (6?) years, and 2k did not earn my money this year. I won't be purchasing this on October 1st. I'll wait until it goes on sale in some used game bin or is available cheap on xbox live.

In my opinion last years game was only OK. We all know the list of cheeses that made the game mostly unbearable online, and the innovations to association and my career were only decent. Nothing ground breaking. This was the first year I didn't complete a season with my player. In NBA2k12 I completed 5 full seasons - one of which was 82 games with 12 min quarters (just to give a reference to how much I played the game). The introduction of VC and failure to address an obvious exploit made my career and myteam seem trivial. So to me, 2k can't just coast on last year.

The ONLY selling point for this game was "it feels so good" right LD? Except here's the thing... we can't feel it if there is no demo. And personally, I don't believe ANYTHING in the developer insight videos. For a laugh, go back and rewatch some of them from NBA2k12 - especially the video on defense. "This year I want to be the on ball defender." Ha... until you play the game and your online opponent just jumps side to side until they shoot a three with 80% success. Either that or turbo into the point for an UNBLOCKABLE dunk. If you don't give us a demo we can't see the improvements that you have made.

Again, I'm not going to blame the devs. I'm sure they work really hard. I just think developing current and next gen games concurrently is going to prove to have been a terrible business decision. LD2k, I'm sorry, but "there's this thing called next gen" (as he has used as an excuse in nearly all interviews) is not a valid excuse for poor marketing and not giving consumers (well at least me) what they want.

# 35 ccoaxum @ 09/24/13 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IYoDa
Omg guys, get a clue.
2k12 - demo
2k13 - demo
2k14 - COMMUNITY TEST.

Anyone expecting a demo has no clue
just base off your statement why wouldn't person expect a demo when they gotten a demo the last two years..thats like feeding a homeless person or dog and not expect them to come asking for more food..lmao

# 36 ccoaxum @ 09/24/13 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
Booo.

Ok, I'm not going to jump on the "these devs are lazy" train because I'm sure that isn't true. I have faith that the developers have been working their butts off and are good people. I have been an avid 2k basketball player for the last 5 (6?) years, and 2k did not earn my money this year. I won't be purchasing this on October 1st. I'll wait until it goes on sale in some used game bin or is available cheap on xbox live.

In my opinion last years game was only OK. We all know the list of cheeses that made the game mostly unbearable online, and the innovations to association and my career were only decent. Nothing ground breaking. This was the first year I didn't complete a season with my player. In NBA2k12 I completed 5 full seasons - one of which was 82 games with 12 min quarters (just to give a reference to how much I played the game). The introduction of VC and failure to address an obvious exploit made my career and myteam seem trivial. So to me, 2k can't just coast on last year.

The ONLY selling point for this game was "it feels so good" right LD? Except here's the thing... we can't feel it if there is no demo. And personally, I don't believe ANYTHING in the developer insight videos. For a laugh, go back and rewatch some of them from NBA2k12 - especially the video on defense. "This year I want to be the on ball defender." Ha... until you play the game and your online opponent just jumps side to side until they shoot a three with 80% success. Either that or turbo into the point for an UNBLOCKABLE dunk. If you don't give us a demo we can't see the improvements that you have made.

Again, I'm not going to blame the devs. I'm sure they work really hard. I just think developing current and next gen games concurrently is going to prove to have been a terrible business decision. LD2k, I'm sorry, but "there's this thing called next gen" (as he has used as an excuse in nearly all interviews) is not a valid excuse for poor marketing and not giving consumers (well at least me) what they want.
i agree and i believe working on two games is a poor excuse..last time i check fifa 14 and madden 14 have next gen games coming out as well and we got current gen demo for those games..i didn't see that company saying o we working hard on next gen has well so no demo for the current gen game lmao..really? stop it lol

# 37 NINJAK2 @ 09/24/13 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Riddick
Next Gen should be Off The Meat Rack! Who cares what happens current gen.
Probably people who plan on buying current gen because they aren't jumping to next gen ASAP. If people don't care about current gen why are they in threads discussing the current gen demo?

# 38 thedream2k13 @ 09/24/13 10:35 PM
now that 2k has spoken, time to close this thread

# 39 Guapo516 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Doesn't seem like a legit reason u can't put a demo out. I've seen a stripped dwn version of the game being played earlier in the summer I believe I dnt kno y they wud do this

# 40 blues rocker @ 09/24/13 10:47 PM
no big deal. i'm still getting the game, and i'm committed to staying on current gen for at least a year, so next gen doesn't affect me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.