Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Unfortunately, there will not be a demo for NBA 2K14. Here is the official response.

Quote:
No #NBA2K14 demo as dev's are making two unique games that harness the technology of current and next gen. Excited to share more soon!

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 knick9 @ 09/25/13 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
At the end of the day the demo doesn't matter. But communicating late like this is the equivalent to breaking your parents window and not saying anything about it till the last second.
Exactly, the poor communication with the consumer is the worst part but this is how they've operated--they do whatever they want and we're always the last to know.

# 62 scottyp180 @ 09/25/13 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy123
Steve said on twitter they didnt even bother fixing Bynums hair, they really didnt even work on his hair come on son, and then the 2k devs get mad when ppl call them lazy. They didnt even mention anything about mycareer cause its probably the same thing. And they removed some of the teams and Create a legend.. this is a downgrade from 2k13.
Imo it would just be a waste of time for 2k to work on fixing players hair and other visual gripes for the current gen version. I would rather 2k spend more time focusing on nextgen for 2 main reasons. 1. I'd rather 2k take advantage of the new tech instead or f releasing a port of current gen. 2. I want 2k to be prepared for the next gen and it starts by having a good first outing to build on. Nba live and madden proved last gen that not being prepared for a new gen of consoles can really hurt your franchise.

# 63 MoultonHawk @ 09/25/13 02:12 AM
To me it's a smart move to not have a demo for current gen, you don't need one, it's going to be a brilliant game on current gen, a demo wouldn't do it justice. It will be the best 2K yet.

However, no demo on next gen hurts, a ton of questions about next gen. I think they are in trouble.They seem behind to me overall. Seems like too big of an undertaking. To me this game won't be near as complete or polished as the current gen copy. So much so I'm strongly considering NBA Live 14 which was only made for next gen. I sold my PS3 and already paid for my PS4. If 2K is missing My Team especially or Crews like rumored I'm going to skip 2K this year and jump to Live.

# 64 MoultonHawk @ 09/25/13 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoultonHawk
To me it's a smart move to not have a demo for current gen, you don't need one, it's going to be a brilliant game on current gen, a demo wouldn't do it justice. It will be the best 2K yet.

However, no demo on next gen hurts, a ton of questions about next gen. I think they are in trouble.They seem behind to me overall. Seems like too big of an undertaking. To me this game won't be near as complete or polished as the current gen copy. So much so I'm strongly considering NBA Live 14 which was only made for next gen. I sold my PS3 and already paid for my PS4. If 2K is missing My Team especially or Crews like rumored I'm going to skip 2K this year and jump to Live.
My favorite mode was My Team last year eventhough it was broken with VC cheaters and players you couldn't add/drop. If that is missing on the PS4 copy I'm out.

# 65 bumpyface @ 09/25/13 02:16 AM
I think I'ma pass. Better yet, I'll have it come through gamefly. 1 word, arrogant.

# 66 Vni @ 09/25/13 02:38 AM
No demo is no big deal either way. They don't do anything to me

# 67 DonWuan @ 09/25/13 03:05 AM
Why are we letting 2k get away with current gen version. They are still selling this at full retail price when it releases.

It wouldnt surprise me if this game was done in January.

Next gen is no excuse. Current gen is the new psp version lol. Just roster updates fron here on out.(JK)

Wow to our community.
Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

# 68 Guard-ian @ 09/25/13 03:47 AM
I don't buy that "Developers are making two unique games that harness the technology of current and next gen”… If they had a demo in the Gamescon and in Pax and/or other events, they could have used it to content the fan base even though it was not the last build…

TBH I think nowadays a demo won’t increase much your sales but it is something that companies like VC should do in deference to their loyal fan base, they definitely didn’t have that detail this year and that’s not good news...

Cheers! ;-)

# 69 cincy14fan @ 09/25/13 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
The fact is that current gen is going to sell WAY more than next gen simply because current consoles are in more homes. Thats why they are releasing a current gen version and hyping it up too. They would be loosing money if they didnt release a current gen version. If anything or would have made more economical sense to put more effort in the current gen version and not release a next gen version til next year but it sounds like these guys are excited about next gen.
I don't understand why this is such a big deal. Everyone before GTA V was release for weeks on weeks was talking about how current gen for upcoming pre-order games were on the decline and that sales for games weren't that good. Everyone was saying that people are waiting for the new systems to come out to get games. Then GTA comes out and it shatters it and everyone is saying now that current gen isn't dead.

Now we get people getting upset over a demo not being release. I would understand if it was Live, 989 Sports, or another new basketball game coming onto the market, but its not. Everyone has seen the video's and while most of us haven't played it yet it doesn't look like earth shattering difference. Plus they been making the game for over a decade. There are subtle differences. Honestly if there was no next gen coming out a month and a half later most people would think this was a great upgrade (defense block shots, my crew back, subtle tweaks to modes).

As of next gen a demo would be cool, but isn't the game suppose to come out at launch (not exactly sure). That's like people saying OMG I can't believe EA isn't giving a Battlefield 4 demo out for next gen, or for other games that are coming out around launch. And as most people say the demo is mostly an early build anyways so it's not the best guideline to go on to "I am going to buy this now." or "Nope I am going to spend it somewhere else." I doubt people are sitting there going "hmm most next gens are having demo's for day one releases for the next gen systems. I better just get the game on current gen since I know what exactly is given."

I wonder how many of these people on here complaining about the demo are still scorned by the Madden game that was the released for launch on the 360/ps3?

# 70 cincy14fan @ 09/25/13 04:01 AM
Also I am a patient person so I can wait that two months to get the game on next gen and not current gen. So no lost over any of the current games that are coming out now until the release date for the next gen systems.

# 71 MoultonHawk @ 09/25/13 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
I don't buy that "Developers are making two unique games that harness the technology of current and next gen”… If they had a demo in the Gamescon and in Pax and/or other events, they could have used it to content the fan base even though it was not the last build…

TBH I think nowadays a demo won’t increase much your sales but it is something that companies like VC should do in deference to their loyal fan base, they definitely didn’t have that detail this year and that’s not good news...

Cheers! ;-)
Yeah, I think you are exactly right.

If you have a current gen console you're set get it on PS3/360 and have a blast, you just got the best 2K game ever made. Don't even bother with next gen, plus you're playing in a Las Vegas mega pool of players.

Next Gen though looks to be incomplete, no my team, and no crew mode, coupled with new tech for the XB1 & PS4 and too little time to know how to use the tech properly. This coupled with NBA Live attempting to swing for the fences, I'm really excited to see what they offer, cuz I sold my PS3 and already paid for my PS4, and since Live was only made for next gen, it should be a solid offering I hope.

# 72 jfeev215 @ 09/25/13 04:30 AM
Why are people so upset about a demo?!?! Maybe I'm too old school, but I remeber the days when you had to just buy the game and see what it offered...no internet to see videos or screenshots, no demos, maybe two or three screenshots from game informer (or even nintendo power). We are so spoiled nowadays and so damn needy!! Even moreso 2K has been putting ut a solid if not very good product for nearly 15yrs now. It's time tested and proven to be a fun, enjoyable and entertaining SIM!! The most important thing is that they stomped out a fierce competitor forcing them into hibernation for 4 long years, just by producing said good product. They didn't take an exclusive rights deal and kill any competition they just made a better product. If any of you angry posters own copies of Madden25 or any Madden quite honestly for the past like 3-4yrs you should be ashamed of yourselves for verbally bashing 2K. That game has been **** forever and there's a strong chance Live14 will be **** too, however at least fans who buy next gen consoles will have an option...I'm not saying but I'm saying!!!

# 73 IYoDa @ 09/25/13 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
just base off your statement why wouldn't person expect a demo when they gotten a demo the last two years..thats like feeding a homeless person or dog and not expect them to come asking for more food..lmao
Because this year INSTEAD they did the community test.
One or the other, never both.

# 74 suspectms @ 09/25/13 05:30 AM
I'm not surprised this happened. Here's the deal. 2k has been shady since 2k11. It started with eliminating crew and removing simulating your myplayer's career. Oh an no ****ing lobbies for online difficulty and what's with the rank being on all star?! (2k12 era). Quietly again disappointed fans with no crew and no sim in my career. Then they eliminated the ability to block dunks. Gave us a high zig zag left then right euro 3 pointer high success rate. Took away interior defense. No one didn't even notice you couldn't change your sleeves color or your teams color jerseys in your my career. Allowed noobs to cheese their way with cash to compete online. Rosters were poorly updated. Trades were still ridiculous (2k13 era). CG gets fake wannabe crew. Wtf? All the way to 21 with 5v5? All your avgs. amount to single digits? No ref? Can foul when you want. Where's the hardwood, fans, jerseys with name and logos? That's not ****n crew. No dev detail on your mycareer...probably because it's copy and paste. Next Gen no crew. Possibly no mycareer either.....2k14 era. Everyone expect mediocrity with options on next gen and a decent vs one person online mode. EA will shut 2k down if their 5v5 mode is on point. They have sweat on players, accessories galore, better commentator, better crowd, and they even have a ****ing crew!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2k I've prepurchased the xbone full price for pick up and guess what. I've preordered live at gamestop the same damn day. Show me what you got!!!!

# 75 suspectms @ 09/25/13 05:32 AM
I'm not surprised this happened. Here's the deal. 2k has been shady since 2k11. It started with eliminating crew and removing simulating your myplayer's career. Oh an no ****ing lobbies for online difficulty and what's with the rank being on all star?! (2k12 era). Quietly again disappointed fans with no crew and no sim in my career. Then they eliminated the ability to block dunks. Gave us a high zig zag left then right euro 3 pointer high success rate. Took away interior defense. No one didn't even notice you couldn't change your sleeves color or your teams color jerseys in your my career. Allowed noobs to cheese their way with cash to compete online. Rosters were poorly updated. Trades were still ridiculous (2k13 era). CG gets fake wannabe crew. Wtf? All the way to 21 with 5v5? All your avgs. amount to single digits? No ref? Can foul when you want. Where's the hardwood, fans, jerseys with name and logos? That's not ****n crew. No dev detail on your mycareer...probably because it's copy and paste. Next Gen no crew. Possibly no mycareer either.....2k14 era. Everyone expect mediocrity with options on next gen and a decent vs one person online mode. EA will shut 2k down if their 5v5 mode is on point. They have sweat on players, accessories galore, better commentator, better crowd, and they even have a ****ing crew!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2k I've prepurchased the xbone full price for pick up and guess what. I've preordered live at gamestop the same damn day. Show me what you got!!!!

# 76 swac07 @ 09/25/13 05:40 AM
There wasn't a demo for GTAV guess I shouldn't buy it either...in other words I think some of us are going a lil over board ..How they handled it could be considered kinda ehhh ,but in the end it doesn't bother me...I'm still gonna get it for current gen and next gen...I say wait for reviews you trust before buying if you're on the fence.

# 77 Gramps91 @ 09/25/13 06:00 AM
It does suck. I can't get this game 'til Christmas

# 78 Gosens6 @ 09/25/13 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiev123
I defended these bastards. I am however man enough to admit I was wrong. Shame on me, and shame on you 2K.

On topic .. I'll probably be skipping current gen now. I was on the fence about it since I'm getting next gen in a month, but with no demo, I won't waste my time with a blind purchase

# 79 franzis @ 09/25/13 06:47 AM
So what's the build people played during the summer events? the one with MIA vs SAS or Euroteams?
To me they have a demo but they don't want to release it
Nevermind...in any case it's not a full price purchase for me, demo or not

# 80 TreyIM2 @ 09/25/13 06:49 AM
Wow to all the overreaction up here but I can understand not being able to test drive this game for free especially with this being the last hurrah on cg and the ng version coming soon in Nov. with some ppl having to decide between the 2 versions. Yet I also understand the position 2K being in with a time crunch for both games being launched being released within a month anr half of each other. Tough for many but I have my preorder for Tues. and, quite honestly, not in a rush since I really didn't get in 2K13 the way I wanted and still have it. I may put that preorder money elsewhere and ride it out til ng.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.