Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Endgadget posted a video showing off CoachGlass during a play session of Madden NFL 25. This video also offers some of our first glimpses of next-gen gameplay video. [YouTube]

What can you spot?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 frankwyte81 @ 10/09/13 04:15 AM
Why do these EA Developers talk about "grass" so much? We want good gameplay, animations and A.I. first, then you talk about the damn "grass." This video was about CoachGlass and they had to mention how good the "grass" looked. If your best talking point is "grass," then we're in for another frustrating cycle of next-gen Madden also.

# 82 infemous @ 10/09/13 08:06 AM
Think this point has already been made but needs to be re-made.

OL/DL animations are much improved but that isn't enough for me to buy it.

If you've had 2 years to work on next gen, easier to develop for tech and all you can do is IMPROVE, not perfect, OL/DL interactions you're not putting the work in.

It looks like the absence of signature animations, ball physics, WR/DB interactions and the likely continuation of legacy issues with mildly better graphics.

You have GOT to do more for my 60 bucks EA.

# 83 msdm27 @ 10/09/13 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
Think this point has already been made but needs to be re-made.

OL/DL animations are much improved but that isn't enough for me to buy it.

If you've had 2 years to work on next gen, easier to develop for tech and all you can do is IMPROVE, not perfect, OL/DL interactions you're not putting the work in.

It looks like the absence of signature animations, ball physics, WR/DB interactions and the likely continuation of legacy issues with mildly better graphics.

You have GOT to do more for my 60 bucks EA.
I'm willing to give them a year or two on animations, WR/DB, ball physics.... what I want RIGHT NOW! is a deeper CFM experience; I, for the life of me, don't understand why companies don't realize that career modes are the ultimate reason why people play their games (replayablity).

With the broader capacity of the new engines, there is NO excuse for a lackluster CFM... I want RFA, coaching carousel, non-sucky draft classes..... the whole 9 yards!

Again, gameplay improvements, while sorely needed, are somewhat "harder" to solve or to implemente and I'm willing to give them some time as long as they show improvement in M25... but programming/logic stuff like quality of content for game modes are a MUST from day 1.

Give me a real CFM mode without bugs and I'll you, EA!

# 84 je_2512 @ 10/09/13 09:32 AM
I hate to sound purely negative, but good gawd, am I disappointed!!

It has become crystal clear to me WHY we haven't seen a decent Madden game in so long....Tiburon simply doesn't have the talent to make one. All of the decent developers either jumped ship or have been canned, and we're left with people that simply don't have the talent (or passion) to create a truly good game of football.

For all of their thumping their chests about being ready this time around for the new hardware, and having had at least 2 years to develop this game, is this REALLY the best they can do?? It looks nothing like what they touted a few months ago, and the general lack of video footage is also a giant red flag when it comes to Madden.

Feels eerily like we've been here before....so sad.

# 85 AlterEgoDuane @ 10/09/13 09:46 AM
From that video, it seems like a cool idea, but once again the developer is not familiar enough with football to create a truly realistic simulation. I coach football and no one would ever call it a "Halfback draw." Sure, that is nitpicking, but it shows that he's a video game guy and not a football guy. Why doesn't EA get more football guys to tell EA exactly what needs to be in the game, and then based on the resources they have, the video game programmers program that into the game?

2nd, I think part of the problem with the O-line/D-line and WR/DB interactions is not directly related to the animations. I think the issue is the player models they use. They are out of proportion and there is 0 dynamic movements in the body. Everything is so still all the time. For example, on a couple of those dolphins players, why the back plate on the jersey not moving? Why don't the shoulder pads compress and what not on tackles? On the replay they showed with the dolphins on defense from behind the defense camera angle, the defensive line warped into a canned animation engaging with the offensive line. There still is no emphasis on actual player movement and dynamic movement from either the O-line or D-line. Part of that are the player models they use that are not large enough for the playing field. There is TOO MUCH open space and so players must move artificially quickly than they would in real-life. This leads to warping and what not to create the proper timing on plays.

Say what you will about the graphics/lack of customization, etc., but EA's player models need to look a lot more like All-Pro Football 2K8's and with that kind of dynamic movement, or even backbreaker-type movements but with better player models. What made backbreaker so great and so difficult was that it was really hard to generate a good push in the run game, which is pretty realistic in terms of football.

Now, don't get me wrong, I understand that EA is the game in town and we aren't going to get another backbreaker or all-pro game anytime soon. But, I wish EA would change some things with their engine to ensure more realism.

Because people posting on here are absolutely correct. I could care less if the game had me played on painted cement, I don't care about blades of grass or how many mesh holes there are on Seattle's jerseys. I want to see dynamic MOVEMENT within the player's bodies and what is attached to them and dynamic PHYSICal interaction. When we clamor for real-time physics, this is what we are referring to, not just dynamic tackling interactions like in backbreaker.

This is highly disappointing for next-gen. Especially since EA has had much longer than a year to develop or build a new engine for next-gen.

So, EA would do well to first change the player models and their relation to the size of the field, they are too small right now. Or make the field smaller relatively. This would create much more realistic interactions just on it's own and we wouldn't need all the warping to create proper results. Then, I would just completely revamp the player models so that every movement on their body is dynamic. That would create different running animations without rendering them based on body-type and what not.

Then, from there, we can build. But, this blades of grass and how detailed the jerseys are business is literally MEANINGLESS to the consumer. All that stuff only matters to people with marketing degrees and shareholders. EA should go back to being privately traded. That would also help the consumers. But, now I'm getting off-topic, sorry, .

# 86 tmac747 @ 10/09/13 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neily8
I'm not sure how many of the fans actually realize how bad this game is. After getting my hopes up thinking that they would somehow put together a decent game for the next generation consoles...I've lost all hope after seeing the last two promotional videos. The animations in this game are atrocious. There are feet sliding everywhere, the ball still looks like it pops into the quarterbacks hands, the running animations are so stiff and robotic it's mind boggling. The coaches on the sidelines are jokes. I have no doubt that I could do a better job than the art director/creative director on this project with my eyes closed. EA does not deserve the license any longer. 2K sports would've put out a game that looks better than this in the current console generation. Tiburon should be ashamed of putting out such **** year after year. But hey, at least they're focusing on the blades of grass looking good while the players feet just slide through it.
Well put, all i am hearing is blades of grass and the engagement of line play.I see blades of grass on current gen.

# 87 tmac747 @ 10/09/13 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa D
Couldn't agree more..

Hey Tiburon we get it you guys are trying to make Madden look like Next Gen, only thing your missing is how it doesn't move like Next Gen!! It's funny how they are so focused on the fixing the Oline/Dline?? Almost like they can only work on one thing at time for a few years?? Really makes you think they don't really have the talent, that it would take them so long to work on one area?? There are so many things animation wise Madden is missing not just Oline/Dline! Try CB/WR, LB movement, running, QB animations, TE motions, players having their own signature movements, etc.. Come on, just because it looks pretty doesn't make it NEXT GEN! When will they realize this?? It has to move and play smooth! Look more realistic when players are moving, that's what makes it Next Gen! This Madden 25 likes like a PORT!?!
You hit the nail on the head with all your assessments. I totally agree

# 88 HealyMonster @ 10/09/13 10:06 AM
presentation seems unchanged....which is stunning.

# 89 R9NALD9 @ 10/09/13 10:23 AM
LMAO...where are the people that defended EA when me and a few other people on here said Madden 25 was going to be a huge dissapointment?

It was obvious with that first training video on IGN that the game is heading for a disaster...pre-alpha or not. I've been a pro evolution soccer fan for waaaay too long to know pre-alpha, 50% build etc. doesn't mean nearly as much as we want to believe.

It's clear Madden will never be sim, they don't cater for us because they don't want to. The big bucks is the mainstream gamer, not sim-heads like us. It sucks...I crave a good NFL game...Madden ain't cutting it anymore.

# 90 mestevo @ 10/09/13 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
presentation seems unchanged....which is stunning.
It is surprising to me too, and yet it isn't. It is still Madden 25.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

# 91 Only1LT @ 10/09/13 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
It is surprising to me too, and yet it isn't. It is still Madden 25.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free
I think that is where the surprise comes from.

As little as I think of Tiburon's capabilities, in my wildest dreams I never thought they'd mail in a current gen port. It is still speculation that it's a port, but I'm not seeing much evidence to the contrary.

I thought they'd do something new, and most likely fall flat on their face, but a port after 2yrs plus working on this game, and all the talent they supposedly poached from outside studios and what have you? Couldn't imagine it.

I have to wonder why they even bothered to have two different covers for the current and next gen games...

# 92 lisinas @ 10/09/13 10:43 AM
I wonder what they actually been doing for 2 years ?

# 93 NDIrish98 @ 10/09/13 11:07 AM
players still look robotic. that's the antithesis of "next-gen"...

# 94 infemous @ 10/09/13 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
LMAO...where are the people that defended EA when me and a few other people on here said Madden 25 was going to be a huge dissapointment?

It was obvious with that first training video on IGN that the game is heading for a disaster...pre-alpha or not. I've been a pro evolution soccer fan for waaaay too long to know pre-alpha, 50% build etc. doesn't mean nearly as much as we want to believe.

It's clear Madden will never be sim, they don't cater for us because they don't want to. The big bucks is the mainstream gamer, not sim-heads like us. It sucks...I crave a good NFL game...Madden ain't cutting it anymore.
The frustration is that the online gamer will not mid the game becoming more sim, they'll adapt ad try and integrate real football ideologies into their head 2 head strategy.

The fact is, is it's easier to depend on an undemanding casual market than put the work in to make a sim game. They'd rather alienate a small demographic than put the work in to capture a wider one.

This is a direct result of no competition, which is a shame.

We'll see what happens with the license in March. It could potentially light a fire under EA like pro evo did to the FIFA series.

# 95 Only1LT @ 10/09/13 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
I wonder what they actually been doing for 2 years ?
If I had to guess...

# 96 jpdavis82 @ 10/09/13 11:53 AM
Sim mentioned this on his radio show a month or so ago, but they have NOT been working on next gen Madden 25 for two years. They HAVE been working on the Ignite engine for two years, that's the engine that is powering all the EA Sports titles on next gen. They have only been working on next gen Madden 25 for a few months. There are elements of Madden 25 connected to the Ignite engine that were worked on for two years, True Step, O/D line interactions, living worlds, but outside of that, they have only been working on this game for a few months and at its core, it is Madden 25 current gen + Ignite. Madden 15 will be the first next gen Madden with a full dev cycle.

# 97 je_2512 @ 10/09/13 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Sim mentioned this on his radio show a month or so ago, but they have NOT been working on next gen Madden 25 for two years. They HAVE been working on the Ignite engine for two years, that's the engine that is powering all the EA Sports titles on next gen. They have only been working on next gen Madden 25 for a few months. There are elements of Madden 25 connected to the Ignite engine that were worked on for two years, True Step, O/D line interactions, living worlds, but outside of that, they have only been working on this game for a few months and at its core, it is Madden 25 current gen + Ignite. Madden 15 will be the first next gen Madden with a full dev cycle.
smh.....wash rinse repeat

# 98 djordan @ 10/09/13 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yeah right. Keep dreaming....

Why would Cam Weber say "We've learned from our mistakes from Madden 06 XBOX 360 launch"... Only to be working on this iteration of Next Gen Madden for only a "few months". You would think from his statement, they would've been working on this game for the past 2 years at minimum.

JP, Do you really think EA Tiburon has had PS4/XBOX One Dev kits for at least 2 years and now just working on the Next Generation of Madden that will release in 1 month?

Think about that JP. Think lol.

If they have then ....... no words.

# 99 xfacemob @ 10/09/13 12:20 PM
People really need to be honest with themselves.

Madden 25 both current gen and next gen both suck.

# 100 jpdavis82 @ 10/09/13 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Yeah right. Keep dreaming....

Why would Cam Weber say "We've learned from our mistakes from Madden 06 XBOX 360 launch"... Only to be working on this iteration of Next Gen Madden for only a "few months". You would think from his statement, they would've been working on this game for the past 2 years at minimum.

JP, Do you really think EA Tiburon has had PS4/XBOX One Dev kits for at least 2 years and now just working on the Next Generation of Madden that will release in 1 month?

Think about that JP. Think lol.

If they have then ....... no words.
Come on guys this really isn't that hard to figure out, Madden 25 and FIFA 14 are both ports of their current gen versions but they are running on the Ignite engine. The reason they can say they learned from the past, is because they had a new engine (Ignite, worked on it for two years) ready to port the games over onto. Back in 05 during E3 prior to Madden 06 360/PS3 they literally had nothing prepared, Andrew Wilson said they had black screens and blinking cursors. NBA 2k is possibly doing the same thing, porting their game over onto a new engine, no evidence to suggest they are or are not. Anyway, Madden and FIFA are both ports of current gen. Madden 15 and FIFA 15 will be new games and the first next gen versions of each title that are truly brand new. NBA Live 14 is the first EA Sports title that is truly a new next gen game. It really doesn't make any sense to work on a game for two years that will release near the end of the sports season. This is most likely why the menus and graphics displays are identical for current and next gen Madden 25. I've felt all along that Madden 15 would be THE Madden game that people have been waiting on. I'll admit what I have seen in this footage is a little disappointing, but in no way am I ready to give up on the future of Madden after seeing a enhanced port of what we already have. IF Madden 15 looks this disappointing, then we ALL can give up on Madden IMO.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.