Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

Check out the latest NBA Live 14 blog, which discusses how you need to maintain a rhythm of the dribble, instead of spamming the controls. When getting into a rhythm, it becomes easier to chain from levels 1, 2 and 3.

The blog also discusses defensive controls and introduces the defensive slide feature. You will be able to attempt a dig steal, contest, and take a charge with the right stick. You will play against team specific defenses. So something that might work one night, won't work against a team that defends specific plays better on another night. You can adjust your team or specific individuals on the fly to come over the top of screens or go underneath, force players a certain direction, pressure the ball, post defense, double teams and more.

Make sure you read the entire blog here.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 OGSPORTS @ 11/02/13 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Are you saying there will be a demo?
I would like to know where that was posted?

# 142 King_B_Mack @ 11/02/13 10:12 PM
I'm definitely intrigued by these defensive settings and how they play. As has been said before, it'll be all about IF it works as advertised. Nothing I can draw from past experiences says that it will, but we'll see when guys get their hands on the game and start showing some actual gameplay.

As I've said in the past though, I'm not getting hyped up on the potential of "solid base" or "fundamentals" or "right path" that this kind of stuff can set the series on for the future because we've been down that road so many times before. I'll be waiting post Live 15 release to see the true progress this company has made if they've decided NOT to yank the rug from under their devs again because sales aren't beating 2K's anytime soon.

# 143 RangersCruz @ 11/02/13 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSPORTS
Im not sure about sites but a few commentators well known put it out there.

# 144 OGSPORTS @ 11/02/13 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Personally, I've never been a fan of complicated control schemes and these dribble moves look good and seem simple enough. I'd love to see Defense and/or Post Moves next.
The post game is just as deep. That's the reason behind the level system. The dribble moves are accessible for the casual, yet deep for the hardcore.

# 145 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/02/13 10:28 PM
Quote:
I think people are asking at this point. No reason to search for something when asking someone who works for EA is easier...

# 146 ScoobySnax @ 11/02/13 11:41 PM
Come on, OG. Spill the beans man. LOL.

# 147 duggan @ 11/03/13 12:17 AM
Live looks like it'll be a lot of fun this year. Seems like a great re-start for the NBA Live franchise. I'm getting the feeling that individual players are really going to feel unique this year, and that's great!

# 148 tedus @ 11/03/13 12:33 AM
Quote:
The post game is just as deep. That's the reason behind the level system. The dribble moves are accessible for the casual, yet deep for the hardcore.
Thank for info !!
Very appreciate your efforts !OG !
Quick question
In the tutorial, you said you can press modify and use RT to perform signature dribbles
But in the screenshot, it only show four directions!?(four signature dribbles?!)
I remember you said there will be six signature dribbles ?
If there are six signature dribble, how to perform !?
Am I wrong?

# 149 Halfamazing @ 11/03/13 01:13 AM
1. Will there be momentum shots depending on the direction you're moving?
2. Can you change layups and dunks to avoid blocks?
3. Can you branch out signature moves in mid move and chain it directly into another signature move?
4. What happens when you do moves that lead you into the defense? Will you get bumped?

5. Are there reverses?
6. Are all basic dribbles the same package?
7. How are bigmen dribbles handled?
8. Are there signature moves outside of dribbles?
9. Are there signature dunks?
10. Signature layups?

11. Do offball defenses recognize and try to steal forced passes in the paint? or do they still let them float over their heads?
12. If I'm a defender standing my ground and an offensive player runs at me will the offensive player slide my player back for his animation?
13. How's the triple threat game looking?
14. Do players fall?
15. Are 3point shooters still deadly scorers that they shouldn't be?
16. Will defenders run off ball instead of defensively sliding? Say they're chasing a shooter around screens or closing out?

17. From the trailer we see Melo's shot being contested by blinding his vision instead of going for a block - is that part of the contest levels? and how many contest levels are there?
18. Is there a lot of contact in the paint?
19. If you try to intentionally foul do your players still go into zombie "have a free basket" mode?
20. isn't a question but a request to use Derrick Rose in a 5on5 gameplay vid. haha.

# 150 OGSPORTS @ 11/03/13 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedus
Thank for info !!
Very appreciate your efforts !OG !
Quick question
In the tutorial, you said you can press modify and use RT to perform signature dribbles
But in the screenshot, it only show four directions!?(four signature dribbles?!)
I remember you said there will be six signature dribbles ?
If there are six signature dribble, how to perform !?
Am I wrong?
No there are 6.
Up, down,left, right,down left, down right.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

# 151 Da_Czar @ 11/03/13 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
but you would shoot the ball now on 2k if you hold the right stick a certain direction..live is not like that at all and besides live had the dribble stick first
Actually inside drive had the dribble stick first.

# 152 knick9 @ 11/03/13 08:55 AM
Really like what I'm seeing, definitely a must-play for anyone who loves basketball video games.

# 153 OGSPORTS @ 11/03/13 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duggan
Live looks like it'll be a lot of fun this year. Seems like a great re-start for the NBA Live franchise. I'm getting the feeling that individual players are really going to feel unique this year, and that's great!
I'm glad that you like what you're seeing. Player differentiation has been a big focus for us this year. A player like D.Rose is real quick and bouncy, while Nash has his slower pocket hesitation and has to work more off his jumper and in screen roll. Direction is key, we have a new team here that's focused on making a great game.

# 154 RangersCruz @ 11/03/13 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksboy87
Its funny seeing you guys excited for what is obviously an inferior product. The graphics are jinky and everything looks very unpolished. They can add whatever settings they want, if the characters are moving around unrealistically it won't make for a good basketball game.

I know some of you guys are Live "fans", but any true basketball game fan know crap when they see it. This game looks like crap, everybody dribbled the same, and even when they were dribbling it look like they were tweaking off some meth.

I don't know why people willfully try to fool themselves to thinking something that is obviously crap will be good. I'm not trolling, I am just telling an obvious truth. Everything about this game looks like crap. AND NOTHING LOOKS LIKE THE PLAYERS ARE UNIQUE! 2k has that unique player factor downpacked, and I doubt live will be anywhere as unique as 2k. FIFA still doesn't even feel like the players are unique, and thats EA's best game.

Im probably going to wait till the game is 20-30 bucks to be honest just for the reasons you mentioned

People can say that graphics are not everything they don't care but what they're really saying is " i hope to god it doesn't play as bad as it looks graphically "

I was disappointed with live BIG TIME after the Irving trailers looked so good

# 155 WaddupCouzin @ 11/03/13 10:49 AM
Rangerscruz,

Excellent point, people are not paying $400-500 for a game to look ok, they want the bells and whistles! You can get ok on current gen.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

# 156 OGSPORTS @ 11/03/13 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax
Come on, OG. Spill the beans man. LOL.
Haha what else on the gamplay side would you like to know? Some of these questions are great. Where are you guys during our twitter conversations?

# 157 bls @ 11/03/13 11:00 AM
Quote:
Haha what else on the gamplay side would you like to know? Some of these questions are great. Where are you guys during our twitter conversations?

How is the offensive play calling? Is it similar to Live 10?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

# 158 OGSPORTS @ 11/03/13 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
How is the offensive play calling? Is it similar to Live 10?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Yes but we even took it a step further. Will drop that info as soon as I can.

# 159 josef @ 11/03/13 11:04 AM
Game is shaping up nicely. I think I'm in. IMO, 2k has always been fun to look at.. but Live was actually fun to play. I don't have time anymore to practice for hours on end to master a complicated control scheme. Live has always been more "pick up and play." I think this title will surprise some people.. I just wish it was coming out on the 15th..

# 160 LionsFanNJ @ 11/03/13 11:06 AM
How are you guys handling contact in the paint and perimeter?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.