Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has released NBA Live 14 title update #2 for PS4 users. Once it is available for the Xbox One, we'll update this post.

UPDATE: It is available now for Xbox One users.

Below are some of the details on the update, read the full article here.

ALL-NEW SHOOTAROUND MODE
  • Improve your shooting, dribbling, and offensive moves by selecting any current NBA player and taking to an empty practice gym
  • The mode will improve your game, and also serve as the foundation for NBA LIVE 15
GRAPHICAL IMPROVEMENTS
  • NBA LIVE 14’s lighting system has been updated and re-tuned to help bring the game to life. Color values have been improved to help remove some player’s “plastic” look
  • Tweaked and/or tuned every player and every uniform
  • New lighting improves the skin texture of players, and colors will be more accurate and robust
NEW ACCESSORIES
  • Added official court and jerseys for 2014 NBA All-Star weekend in New Orleans
  • Added new adidas Hardwood Classic uniforms
  • Added new basketball, complete with the signature of the NBA’s new commissioner Adam Silver
IMPROVED CONTROL AND RESPONSIVENESS
  • Tuned first steps and dribble moves (including start and stop) to smooth out animations
  • Improved transitions between animations
PASSING IMPROVEMENTS
  • Players experience increased responsiveness with improvements to ball physics, pass speeds and branch points within animations
  • Ball interacts with rim much more organically. Swishes have been reduced
  • Increased the variety of passing speeds
  • Improved lead passing
LIVE Season
  • Adjusted the camera to address hitches
  • Normal broadcast view has replaced player lock
  • More variety in the types of LIVE Challenges available
Play a few games and tryout the new Shootaround mode and post your impressions here.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RayZLAL @ 02/10/14 12:05 PM
Downloaded, but haven't tried it yet. Can't wait to try the shoot around mode

# 2 authentic @ 02/10/14 12:14 PM
I'm about to live stream the game, just installed the patch: http://www.twitch.tv/osauthentic

# 3 RayZLAL @ 02/10/14 12:22 PM
Is it easier to time jumpshots now?

# 4 WTF @ 02/10/14 12:27 PM
Since there's a practice, you can go in and learn each guys shots. Practice mode works really well for that type of issue.

Here's a lighting pic of Paul George, posted in spoilers to not clog the thread:

Spoiler

Pretty nice difference after all. I need to hook it back up on the projector instead of this Plasma, it over saturates the pic.

# 5 WTF @ 02/10/14 12:30 PM
One of the in game view at Bankers Life Fieldhouse:
Spoiler

Looks a ton better in game.

# 6 EASPORTS_AJ @ 02/10/14 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZLAL
Is it easier to time jumpshots now?
That was addressed in the previous Title Update. Here is the info, if you missed it: http://www.easports.com/nba-live/new...title-update-1

Here is the newest update info: http://www.easports.com/nba-live/new...update-details

# 7 The 24th Letter @ 02/10/14 12:50 PM
Maybe it is something that is more noticeable when your playing, but the looks a little washed out to me in comparison...less detailed...

any thoughts on passing\catching?

# 8 DLloydTV @ 02/10/14 12:53 PM
Downloading the patch now. Can't wait to try it out after class. Also I will most likely live stream once downloaded

# 9 nick_sr @ 02/10/14 01:14 PM
-love the new lighting
-wished we had a camera like shootaround
-pass is definitely better
- fastbreaks are somewhat better. still see players momentum leading them away from the basket
-love the addition of the cavs, raptors and jazz throwbacks
-still seeing the different color socks smh
bouncetek feels a lot better!!!!!!!!!!!!
-controller responsiveness is a lot better!!!!!!!!!!
-rosters still off

just a few impressions after 1 game

# 10 Rob. D @ 02/10/14 01:19 PM
good looking nick, I'm sitting here at work wishing i wasnt here. I need more impressions c'mon fellas bail me out lol

# 11 alexthegreat @ 02/10/14 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
That was addressed in the previous Title Update. Here is the info, if you missed it: http://www.easports.com/nba-live/new...title-update-1

Here is the newest update info: http://www.easports.com/nba-live/new...update-details
Any word about them fixing the online lag?

# 12 pdawg17 @ 02/10/14 01:23 PM
Only played one quarter but dribbling is definitely more responsive.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

# 13 Flightwhite24 @ 02/10/14 01:24 PM
How are the Baseline high/low cameras now? Lag gone?

Sent from my iPhone

# 14 Mintsa @ 02/10/14 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
-love the new lighting
-wished we had a camera like shootaround
-pass is definitely better
- fastbreaks are somewhat better. still see players momentum leading them away from the basket
-love the addition of the cavs, raptors and jazz throwbacks
-still seeing the different color socks smh
bouncetek feels a lot better!!!!!!!!!!!!
-controller responsiveness is a lot better!!!!!!!!!!
-rosters still off

just a few impressions after 1 game
What Raptors jersey did they add ? The 90's dino ones ?

If so, link up a pic or two (home/away). Id love to see them in next gen.

# 15 RayZLAL @ 02/10/14 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
How are the Baseline high/low cameras now? Lag gone?

Sent from my iPhone

I want to say it's improved but not lag free. Let me know what you think after you try it out

# 16 WTF @ 02/10/14 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
What Raptors jersey did they add ? The 90's dino ones ?

If so, link up a pic or two (home/away). Id love to see them in next gen.

# 17 jyoung @ 02/10/14 01:43 PM
Unless I'm missing an option somewhere, it looks like you are stuck using the over-the-shoulder "My Player" camera for Shootaround mode.

There also does not seem to be any way to change players without exiting out of the mode entirely and starting over.

# 18 GisherJohn24 @ 02/10/14 01:48 PM
More gameplay impressions please. Game speed seem a bit more fluidity ( i was hoping) ? I was hoping it would have been a little bit faster too. Any new options like game speed adjustments or sliders maybe? Any roster edits?

# 19 WTF @ 02/10/14 01:49 PM
That's right jyoung. Stuck with that camera angle. Stuck with the same player unless you exit and reenter Practice.

That said, I'm seeing a lot of different things during gameplay. Tim Duncan drew a double team in the paint, jumped and dropped off a "different" pass to Splitter for the easy finish.

Paul George Free Dunking in Practice mode.

# 20 WTF @ 02/10/14 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
More gameplay impressions please. Game speed seem a bit more fluidity ( i was hoping) ? I was hoping it would have been a little bit faster too. Any new options like game speed adjustments or sliders maybe? Any roster edits?
Gameplay seems speed up a bit. I've seen fast breaks and passing be a bit more snappy thus far. I've played a few quarters with different teams, just checking out lighting and stuff.

I've not ventured into the settings to check on the sliders, but if they were there, I'm sure we would have been told about it. Game speed definitely feels good.

« Previous1234567891920Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.