Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Check out the new MLB 14 The Show screenshots for the Sony PlayStation 4 and let us know your thoughts!

MLB 14 The Show arrives for PS3 and PS Vita on April 1st, while the PS4 version ships on May 6th.

MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BenGerman @ 03/18/14 10:09 PM
These look awesome. I honestly don't need a game to ever look any better for me to enjoy it.

# 22 MrOldboy @ 03/18/14 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
There are a lot of reused assets but honestly that's to be expected in a transition year. Now if its the same for 2015 then I'll be disappointed.
Well with the focus on cathing animations I also hoped to see an update on the gear this year. It still floats off of the catcher. I'm sure its hard to have geometry like that form to the different player models, but the end result can look odd up close.

I'm still not very concerned about the overall look of the game though, I'm much more interested in how it will perform on PS4. I don't really care if the lighting is bland or if the grass blades are individually modeled. If the game plays at 60 fps at all times than I'll be more than happy.

# 23 KHarmo88 @ 03/18/14 10:10 PM
A tad disappointed I didn't get to see McCutchen haha but honestly, these pictures are incredible. If you don't like what it looks like don't buy it. SCEA will make more than enough money from those of us who appreciate what they do and are thankful we have a company that makes a great baseball game - let alone any baseball........ X1

# 24 seanjeezy @ 03/18/14 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
A lot?

What would those be?
Dirt, catchers gear, skeleton/player models, just to name a few... They stick out like a sore thumb because everything else looks new and shiny.

# 25 tnixen @ 03/18/14 10:12 PM
Even with the heavy compression all 8 screenshots are simply breathtaking!!

And It is amazing how good MLB 14 The Show is looking especially when you consider this is only year one on the PS4. My hats off to Sony you have done good real f-ing good!!!

# 26 Leg-End @ 03/18/14 10:12 PM
Excuse me for a second whilst I pick my jaw up from the floor.

# 27 kehlis @ 03/18/14 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
These screen shots might not do this game any justice. Just imagine this in person on our HDTV's and in motion. Sweet mercy.
I just can't get past all these re-used assets.

# 28 geauxtygrs @ 03/18/14 10:12 PM
Holy S......

Wow. My god, come on May 6!!!

# 29 curly fries @ 03/18/14 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
Holy cow those look absolutely incredible!! Next gen baseball is here!!! I don't know what some of ya'll are complaining about, but those pics are a thing of beauty!! Can't please them all I guess!! Great work SCEA!:

I agree! Those pictures are incredible! And I agree about the people always complaining about something. Are you guys ever pleased?

# 30 Knight165 @ 03/18/14 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarmo88
A tad disappointed I didn't get to see McCutchen haha but honestly, these pictures are incredible. If you don't like what it looks like don't buy it. SCEA will make more than enough money from those of us who appreciate what they do and are thankful we have a company that makes a great baseball game - let alone any baseball........ X1
I'm guessing you get to see Cutch in motion......in another trailer or gameplay vids for the4...

M.K.
Knight165

# 31 Cowboy008 @ 03/18/14 10:17 PM
Quote:
Dirt, catchers gear, skeleton/player models, just to name a few... They stick out like a sore thumb because everything else looks new and shiny.
Do we know that the dirt is reused?

# 32 Factzzz @ 03/18/14 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
The Blue Jays uniform saga is gonna continue it looks like. It's really not that big of a deal.

It is a big deal, what if the phillies red was burgundy and the yankees blue was royal? Then would it be a big deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbull1992
You guys would complain about a real life shot.
And some people would praise a picture of turd as long as SCEA released it.

Some of these pictures look absolutely beautiful though, it's just certain things are underwhelming, as to be expected.

# 33 Archie56 @ 03/18/14 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I just can't get past all these re-used assets.

I know right...I mean...I need new dirt....cuz dirt isn't dirt unless it's new!

# 34 ShowTyme15 @ 03/18/14 10:17 PM
Got to love the same handful of people that will never be satisfied.................like they could do a better job themselves.

Meanwhile. Great job to the whole SCEA team. Looks really great. Can't wait to see it in motion.

# 35 HockeyRef33 @ 03/18/14 10:18 PM
Can't get over how the players pants look when draped over their shoes and ankles! Gah!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 36 Woodweaver @ 03/18/14 10:21 PM
Quote:

Skeleton, yes. The rest, no. Keep going...

# 37 johnlnames @ 03/18/14 10:22 PM
Night games look incredible!

# 38 Timmay @ 03/18/14 10:24 PM
Those screenshots are compressed horribly.

Besides that, the game will look stunning in motion i think. But the compression does no favors. Still looks good.

# 39 SoxFan01605 @ 03/18/14 10:25 PM

This...I just...I mean...it's so...

wow!

No kidding, many of the pics look great, but this one had me going back to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

# 40 ryanmc564 @ 03/18/14 10:27 PM
I can't believe what i just saw, the first few screenshots i thought looked good, but i see now they totally didn't do the game justices. I'm so glad i was impulsive and bought a ps4 back in December for the show. Those shots are amazing. is it may yet?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.