Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

MLB 14 The Show patch 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) are available now for their respective consoles. Below are the patch details.
  • Online Gameplay stability (a lot of changes and improvements):
  • General online synching and stability.
  • Play results are now consistent on both users machines.
  • Fielder synching issues across two users online now fixed.
  • Batter desync when batter calls time.
  • Balks or balls in the dirt no longer cause hang.
  • Ball deflected collision on defensive players now consistent on both user screens.
  • Late fielding dives no longer cause the game to hang online.
  • Fielding decisions and throws are now consistent on both player screens.
  • Late Bunt (and bunts pulled back) and swing attempts now give the same game result
  • Check swing improvements to online gameplay
  • Challenge of the Week pitcher settings no longer carrying over from any other game mode.
  • Timing issues with pausing the game and guess pitching at the same time no longer cause issues.
  • Stealing home while batter takes strike 3 for the 3rd out issue fixed.
  • Ball 4 resulting in a walk on a wild pitch and trying to advance the runner on first issue fixed.
  • Fixed infrequent end of online game crash at closing on-screen-display graphic.
  • Fixed rare instance of on-screen bright color/black corruption affecting stadiums and players.
  • Fixed very rare corrupted player faces issue. This would show up as dark splotches and patches. This happened in certain player substitutions in Franchise mode Spring Training.
  • In Game Options for Camera changes are now saved when reloading the game.
  • Road to the Show crash when loading into Batting practice addressed
  • At-bat ambient Organ music addressed (wasn't playing when intended)
  • Custom Music applied to all players now properly working.
  • First HR in a Franchise game issue no longer stating "First Career HR" every time.
  • Umpire balls, strikes and 3rd strike audio calls now playing properly and consistently
  • With Music Mode on, stealing a base no longer skips the song track.
  • Andrelton Simmons face fixed!
  • Home Run Derby can now be entered during the install, once the needed assets are loaded.
  • Bernie Brewer now seen after a Home Run in Miller Park.
  • Addressed Strike Zone size on PS4 that cause ball/strike calls to appear very wrong.
  • Analog throw meter difficulty balanced on all levels.
  • Fixed issue with repeated jumping near a pop-up causing the runner to take off for the next base.
  • All Vault screens should now default to rating (no longer sorted by user name).
  • Diamond Dynasty> My Bids fix to prevent a crash when users have more than 500 transactions.
  • Online score posting fix to prevent lost online game scores and data.
  • Addressed a Login/Boot-up crash that would sometimes occur when logging in during peak hours.
  • Fixed Diamond Dynasty "vs cpu" pre-game line-up crash that could happen before proceeding into the game load.
  • The Show Live Double Header games now have crowds for both games.
  • Diamond Dynasty and The Show Live issue fixed where some players were showing Headley (PS4) and Jeter (PS3) heads on certain players.
Source - The Show Nation

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 The Kid 24 @ 07/17/14 01:45 PM
I've read if you don't play the D'Backs - Dodgers opening series, you will get the OD bug (Plays OD commentary/displays in every Franchise pregame)... Is that still the case with the patch?

# 22 unBEARable @ 07/17/14 01:45 PM
Just had my first game since the patch...ah organs music everywhere! Lovely

Though it's a shame the lighting in Wrigley is still broken during night games. I pitch in broadcast view so the black wall looks a bit rubbish.

# 23 HozAndMoose @ 07/17/14 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
I've read if you don't play the D'Backs - Dodgers opening series, you will get the OD bug (Plays OD commentary/displays in every Franchise pregame)... Is that still the case with the patch?
Ive never played it. Never gotten the issue. I always thought the issue was with simming on that date. If you click on March 22nd and select sim you would get the OD every game. As long as you clicked on March 23rd or later and simmed then it was fine.

# 24 ManiacMatt1782 @ 07/17/14 02:19 PM
Dissapointed not to see RTTS having pitchers at bat try to bunt. (they don't in RTTS), and in standard gameplay, when trying to slide and break up the double play the issue of the batter sliding in at 1st. not being fixed.

# 25 SmashMan @ 07/17/14 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unBEARable
Just had my first game since the patch...ah organs music everywhere! Lovely

Though it's a shame the lighting in Wrigley is still broken during night games. I pitch in broadcast view so the black wall looks a bit rubbish.
Yeah it's some weird shadowing. I also pitch broadcast so I know what you're saying. There's also a random extra shadow on the left field wall in day games and I can't figure out what it's a shadow of.

# 26 jeffy777 @ 07/17/14 02:29 PM
Curious to hear if online is much more playable now.

# 27 DrYCeLL @ 07/17/14 02:29 PM
I was just hoping for a frame rate fix and a lighting fix. Really sucks to hit a walk-off HR and then for the game to drop to below 30 FPS while my team celebrates at home plate.

I don't play online, nor do I play diamond dynasty, so all this waiting for a patch that only fixes a couple small things relevant to me is a bit of a letdown. I mean "repeated jumping on a pop fly causing runners to advance"? I had no idea that was even a thing until these notes. And getting the HR derby to work during install is neat and all, but I don't think sales of The Show are going to increase any time soon, so I don't get why this needed attention.

And who plays on music mode anyway? I couldn't stand the soundtrack after a day or two, I couldn't imagine having to listen to it during games as well.

Nice to see they fixed the color corruption issue. Strange thing is though, I had it happen more often when I first got The Show and I haven't run into it yet during July.

# 28 SwedishTouch76 @ 07/17/14 02:30 PM
Did they fix the issue where after u win a game it cuts to show the manager and the dugout is almost completely black?

# 29 SwedishTouch76 @ 07/17/14 02:45 PM
Dumb question. How do you apply the patch? Psn store?

# 30 HozAndMoose @ 07/17/14 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Should DL automatically.

# 31 dalger21 @ 07/17/14 02:50 PM
Quote:
Check your notifications. It's probably already downloaded and installed.

# 32 SwedishTouch76 @ 07/17/14 02:56 PM
Strange. I have no notifications

# 33 HozAndMoose @ 07/17/14 03:14 PM
Quote:
Strange. I have no notifications
Could be a PSN issue. Destiny Beta seems to have broken everything.

# 34 The Kid 24 @ 07/17/14 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Ive never played it. Never gotten the issue. I always thought the issue was with simming on that date. If you click on March 22nd and select sim you would get the OD every game. As long as you clicked on March 23rd or later and simmed then it was fine.
So I'm SOL if I'm still getting OD display in May of my Franchise?

# 35 jeffy777 @ 07/17/14 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrYCeLL
And who plays on music mode anyway? I couldn't stand the soundtrack after a day or two, I couldn't imagine having to listen to it during games as well.

It's actually pretty nice if you add your own mp3s.

Agreed about the lack of fixes for the framerate and lighting being very disappointing.

# 36 HozAndMoose @ 07/17/14 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
So I'm SOL if I'm still getting OD display in May of my Franchise?
As far as i know. It might reset once the next season starts. But since you are only in May you are probably playing most of the games which will be annoying.

# 37 The Kid 24 @ 07/17/14 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
As far as i know. It might reset once the next season starts. But since you are only in May you are probably playing most of the games which will be annoying.
Yea I'm playing every game... Don't really feel like restarting either... Oh well, looks like I'll keep hitting X.

13 had this bug as well... Would have thought they fixed that for 14.

# 38 asu666 @ 07/17/14 04:05 PM
I know you guys were rushed this year, so I'm hoping the QA process catches a little more next year.However, thank you Sony San Diego for giving us a great game.

# 39 awill25 @ 07/17/14 04:18 PM
Can anyone give an update on the online playability post patch? Still laggy and glitchy or is it looking better?

# 40 Frogdaddy @ 07/17/14 04:34 PM
I played 2 games. My hitting was laggy. I never had a noticeable problem with hitting lag until after the update today. Makes game play much worse because you can't react until after the results of the hit are observed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.