Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

MLB 14 The Show patch 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) are available now for their respective consoles. Below are the patch details.
  • Online Gameplay stability (a lot of changes and improvements):
  • General online synching and stability.
  • Play results are now consistent on both users machines.
  • Fielder synching issues across two users online now fixed.
  • Batter desync when batter calls time.
  • Balks or balls in the dirt no longer cause hang.
  • Ball deflected collision on defensive players now consistent on both user screens.
  • Late fielding dives no longer cause the game to hang online.
  • Fielding decisions and throws are now consistent on both player screens.
  • Late Bunt (and bunts pulled back) and swing attempts now give the same game result
  • Check swing improvements to online gameplay
  • Challenge of the Week pitcher settings no longer carrying over from any other game mode.
  • Timing issues with pausing the game and guess pitching at the same time no longer cause issues.
  • Stealing home while batter takes strike 3 for the 3rd out issue fixed.
  • Ball 4 resulting in a walk on a wild pitch and trying to advance the runner on first issue fixed.
  • Fixed infrequent end of online game crash at closing on-screen-display graphic.
  • Fixed rare instance of on-screen bright color/black corruption affecting stadiums and players.
  • Fixed very rare corrupted player faces issue. This would show up as dark splotches and patches. This happened in certain player substitutions in Franchise mode Spring Training.
  • In Game Options for Camera changes are now saved when reloading the game.
  • Road to the Show crash when loading into Batting practice addressed
  • At-bat ambient Organ music addressed (wasn't playing when intended)
  • Custom Music applied to all players now properly working.
  • First HR in a Franchise game issue no longer stating "First Career HR" every time.
  • Umpire balls, strikes and 3rd strike audio calls now playing properly and consistently
  • With Music Mode on, stealing a base no longer skips the song track.
  • Andrelton Simmons face fixed!
  • Home Run Derby can now be entered during the install, once the needed assets are loaded.
  • Bernie Brewer now seen after a Home Run in Miller Park.
  • Addressed Strike Zone size on PS4 that cause ball/strike calls to appear very wrong.
  • Analog throw meter difficulty balanced on all levels.
  • Fixed issue with repeated jumping near a pop-up causing the runner to take off for the next base.
  • All Vault screens should now default to rating (no longer sorted by user name).
  • Diamond Dynasty> My Bids fix to prevent a crash when users have more than 500 transactions.
  • Online score posting fix to prevent lost online game scores and data.
  • Addressed a Login/Boot-up crash that would sometimes occur when logging in during peak hours.
  • Fixed Diamond Dynasty "vs cpu" pre-game line-up crash that could happen before proceeding into the game load.
  • The Show Live Double Header games now have crowds for both games.
  • Diamond Dynasty and The Show Live issue fixed where some players were showing Headley (PS4) and Jeter (PS3) heads on certain players.
Source - The Show Nation

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 angelstrout @ 07/17/14 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigurd
Don't get too happy it's definitely the same. I don't get it, they rescanned his face and it looks better in the ps3 version I have heard but it never made it to the ps4 for some reason.

So why would they have it as a fixed, simply ridiculous I bought the ps3 version and looks perfect but to not have on the ps4 just... Out if words

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 82 authentic @ 07/17/14 11:55 PM
This patch really didn't hit any of the big things I was looking for. I was sort of underwhelmed when I saw the notes...

# 83 WaitTilNextYear @ 07/18/14 12:06 AM
Played my 1st game post patch and the audio improvements are definitely noticeable. The umpire ball/strike calls and organ music playing much better.

# 84 baseballsim @ 07/18/14 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
"Addressed Strike Zone size on PS4 that cause ball/strike calls to appear very wrong." Never noticed this an issue. Is this another worthless (to me) online issue? I hope they arent talking about the variable strike zone. I love that feature. I love the edges being hit or miss. It has screwed me and helped me.
Think it was when some pitches clearly landed inside the strike zone but were actually called balls. I imagine it was only an online issue so it was worthwhile for those who play online.

# 85 @legendm0de @ 07/18/14 12:27 AM
Shocked / annoyed that the chalk still doesn't degrade after the patch. It was something that existed when the game first launched then it disappeared after the first un-publicized patch came days later.

Otherwise I'm pleased but I'm still expecting one more patch to come to fix the obvious stadium lighting problems that are most notable in PNC, Petco and Busch

# 86 dazzelle @ 07/18/14 12:27 AM
Was hoping the pull back camera while pitching in broadcast/outfield view with RS down or d-pad down would get fixed. Its not like the buttons are being used for other inputs.

# 87 HozAndMoose @ 07/18/14 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by @legendm0de
Shocked / annoyed that the chalk still doesn't degrade after the patch. It was something that existed when the game first launched then it disappeared after the first un-publicized patch came days later.

Otherwise I'm pleased but I'm still expecting one more patch to come to fix the obvious stadium lighting problems that are most notable in PNC, Petco and Busch
I dont expect anymore patches to come

# 88 @legendm0de @ 07/18/14 12:54 AM
Me either.

# 89 ludicent @ 07/18/14 01:08 AM
Does anyone know if the All-Star Game/Spring Training substitutions was addressed with this patch?

Issue I'm referring to is the AI not substituting any position players during the above games.

# 90 ILiveForThis @ 07/18/14 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Again what type of base running are you using? Ive done at least a hundred hit and runs. Not once has a player slid.

It has to do with Analog hitting. When sending a runner, no matter the result of the ball put in play, the runner will slide at the base he's intending to steal. It's like when you push the Analog stick forward to swing, it registers as a slide.

Only way to counter is use Auto Baserunning/Sliding which is no fun.

# 91 jripper09 @ 07/18/14 01:55 AM
cant wait to play MOM after patch so i cant throw to 1st to keep runner close because the cpu never throws over! also cant wait till i get runners on 1st and 3rd with less than 2 outs so i can bunt the runner over to 2nd and watch the runner jog home from 3rd for a free run makes MOM great!

# 92 Armor and Sword @ 07/18/14 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludicent
Does anyone know if the All-Star Game/Spring Training substitutions was addressed with this patch?

Issue I'm referring to is the AI not substituting any position players during the above games.
I can tell you on the PS3 version I played my year one All-Star game last night and the cpu only subbed pitchers. Not positon players.

Can't comment on Spring Training.

I am happy the umpire audio is back. It was awful seeing all the slient animated strikeouts and no strike and ball call outs. Thank goodness it was patched.

# 93 BSUFAN @ 07/18/14 09:29 AM
I hadn't played for about three weeks now ( playing War Thunder fun flying game btw ) Fired up my game last night a low and behold we have organ music again, I love that and missed it alot since I quit playing the PS3 version. I didn't even know there was a patch till I saw it here, there was no notification of any kind but surprised none the less, thanks SCEA again for an awesome game !!!

# 94 dalger21 @ 07/18/14 10:04 AM
Was really hoping the scheduling issue would have been addressed.

# 95 shaneomac @ 07/18/14 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Played my 1st game post patch and the audio improvements are definitely noticeable. The umpire ball/strike calls and organ music playing much better.
Are these changes for the ps3 version as well?

# 96 Stikskillz @ 07/18/14 12:02 PM
There are definitely still issues. I took a pitch yesterday on my screen. On the opponents screen it was a fly out to RF. I also hit a ground ball into RF on my screen. On opponents screen the 1B fielded it and threw me out at home. Smh

# 97 ShowTyme15 @ 07/18/14 12:03 PM
Came across a glitch while playing in Oakland. A fan holding up a sign was of Chris CRU's Davis with Baltimore logos. It was Seattle vs Oakland

# 98 Spear @ 07/18/14 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Is there a link to manually download the patch for PS4? My wifi is terrible at home.

Is this even possible?

# 99 countryboy @ 07/18/14 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Came across a glitch while playing in Oakland. A fan holding up a sign was of Chris CRU's Davis with Baltimore logos. It was Seattle vs Oakland
Probably silly to ask, but has Chris Davis been traded to Oakland?

# 100 ShowTyme15 @ 07/18/14 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Probably silly to ask, but has Chris Davis been traded to Oakland?
Nope and the signage had the Orioles logo on it........in Oakland

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.