Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

MLB 14 The Show patch 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) are available now for their respective consoles. Below are the patch details.
  • Online Gameplay stability (a lot of changes and improvements):
  • General online synching and stability.
  • Play results are now consistent on both users machines.
  • Fielder synching issues across two users online now fixed.
  • Batter desync when batter calls time.
  • Balks or balls in the dirt no longer cause hang.
  • Ball deflected collision on defensive players now consistent on both user screens.
  • Late fielding dives no longer cause the game to hang online.
  • Fielding decisions and throws are now consistent on both player screens.
  • Late Bunt (and bunts pulled back) and swing attempts now give the same game result
  • Check swing improvements to online gameplay
  • Challenge of the Week pitcher settings no longer carrying over from any other game mode.
  • Timing issues with pausing the game and guess pitching at the same time no longer cause issues.
  • Stealing home while batter takes strike 3 for the 3rd out issue fixed.
  • Ball 4 resulting in a walk on a wild pitch and trying to advance the runner on first issue fixed.
  • Fixed infrequent end of online game crash at closing on-screen-display graphic.
  • Fixed rare instance of on-screen bright color/black corruption affecting stadiums and players.
  • Fixed very rare corrupted player faces issue. This would show up as dark splotches and patches. This happened in certain player substitutions in Franchise mode Spring Training.
  • In Game Options for Camera changes are now saved when reloading the game.
  • Road to the Show crash when loading into Batting practice addressed
  • At-bat ambient Organ music addressed (wasn't playing when intended)
  • Custom Music applied to all players now properly working.
  • First HR in a Franchise game issue no longer stating "First Career HR" every time.
  • Umpire balls, strikes and 3rd strike audio calls now playing properly and consistently
  • With Music Mode on, stealing a base no longer skips the song track.
  • Andrelton Simmons face fixed!
  • Home Run Derby can now be entered during the install, once the needed assets are loaded.
  • Bernie Brewer now seen after a Home Run in Miller Park.
  • Addressed Strike Zone size on PS4 that cause ball/strike calls to appear very wrong.
  • Analog throw meter difficulty balanced on all levels.
  • Fixed issue with repeated jumping near a pop-up causing the runner to take off for the next base.
  • All Vault screens should now default to rating (no longer sorted by user name).
  • Diamond Dynasty> My Bids fix to prevent a crash when users have more than 500 transactions.
  • Online score posting fix to prevent lost online game scores and data.
  • Addressed a Login/Boot-up crash that would sometimes occur when logging in during peak hours.
  • Fixed Diamond Dynasty "vs cpu" pre-game line-up crash that could happen before proceeding into the game load.
  • The Show Live Double Header games now have crowds for both games.
  • Diamond Dynasty and The Show Live issue fixed where some players were showing Headley (PS4) and Jeter (PS3) heads on certain players.
Source - The Show Nation

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Knight165 @ 07/20/14 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by @legendm0de
It is defensively once you are in the field. Don't you experience pre-pitch the camera panning around the entire ballpark, all the way from your position, to the catcher and mound, then all the way back around to your position? After that the pitch is thrown, you hardly even have time to align yourself to a desired position pre-pitch.

It does this after every pitch, and this couldn't be intentionally made by design, because it's absolute nonsense. If I'm in the outfield I'm not going to do that for a 162 game season, that is a tortuous idea. This to me appeared to be a bug, I posted a report on tsn, but it's now nonexistant and didn't get an official response from anyone. I have confirmed with other players that this is an issue.
Nope...in the field...the camera comes up as behind my player and stays there.
I have a few seconds to move and the pitch-tip box comes up.
No panning.

M.K.
Knight165

# 162 @legendm0de @ 07/20/14 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Nope...in the field...the camera comes up as behind my player and stays there.
I have a few seconds to move and the pitch-tip box comes up.
No panning.

M.K.
Knight165
That's incredible, after every pitch the panning is done. I could simply upload the last 2 innings worth of defensive gameplay to prove it. The only possible reason you have a difference is you have your presentations set on fast play. Fast Play, and Broadcast are the only two options, and I have not resorted to playing the Fast Play version in this mode yet. Once I resume playing I'll switch over to fast play and see whether I experience the same thing you are.

Which I have just done and yes predictably resorting to fast play option will eliminate the ridiculousness of panning the camera around the entire ballpark as I've described. The only drawback is I also despise Fast Play. So to say this is the only possible way to make PlayerLock/RTTS playable when you want to play All Pitches is like an oxymoron. Call me a I still consider this mode broken as it gets.

It shouldn't be difficult to understand that if I want to play out a full game witnessing "All Pitches" I obviously would not enable fast play under reasonable circumstances.

# 163 Knight165 @ 07/20/14 12:37 AM
Quote:
That's incredible, after every pitch the panning is done. I could simply upload the last 2 innings worth of defensive gameplay to prove it. The only possible reason you have a difference is you have your presentations set on fast play. Fast Play, and Broadcast are the only two options, and I have not resorted to playing the Fast Play version in this mode yet. Once I resume playing I'll switch over to fast play and see whether I experience the same thing you are.

Which I have just done and yes predictably resorting to fast play option will eliminate the ridiculousness of panning the camera around the entire ballpark as I've described. The only drawback is I also despise Fast Play. So to say this is the only possible way to make PlayerLock/RTTS playable when you want to play All Pitches is like an oxymoron. Call me a I still consider this mode broken as it gets.

It shouldn't be difficult to understand that if I want to play out a full game witnessing "All Pitches" I obviously would not enable fast play under reasonable circumstances.

My settings have it on Broadcast.

M.K.
Knight165

# 164 Knight165 @ 07/20/14 12:42 AM
My RTTS options(which drive player lock as well)
Broadcast
On
All pitches
All pitches
All
Pitcher Zoom
Fielder
Off
On
On
All
Analog
All

Presentation mode (under PRESENTATIONS) is also Broadcast

No custom camera used

M.K.
Knight165

# 165 @legendm0de @ 07/20/14 12:45 AM
Quote:
My settings have it on Broadcast.

M.K.
Knight165
So the only difference we have remaining is my game is a digital copy and yours is a hand picked physical copy . Seriously though, this has become a strange issue now. I will certainly upload what I'm dealing with so it can be shown and maybe there's a chance I can be helped

# 166 TNKNGM @ 07/20/14 01:41 AM
Does anyone think hitting has been reduced by the patch?

Maybe it's just a strange couple games that I have played but it seems like the CPU especially is making less HARD CONTACT and htting more choppers and soft bloops.

Maybe I'm just imagining it, but it seems like there is way less pop all of a sudden.......I know I can tweak the sliders but just want some other opinions on what you guys are seeing

# 167 angelstrout @ 07/20/14 01:48 AM
The strike zone it's still awful, everything a strike. This has to be fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 168 HozAndMoose @ 07/20/14 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelstrout
The strike zone it's still awful, everything a strike. This has to be fix.

We are clearly playing two very different games. Im pretty sure there is a way to pay off the refs that i dont know of.

# 169 bcruise @ 07/20/14 02:24 AM
Quote:

I remember having this problem, and I also remember there being an option that fixes it. Let me check my settings and get back to you in this.

In short - I've seen what both of you are seeing, and neither side is wrong. This ALMOST ruined all pitch rtts for me too until I fixed it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

# 170 @legendm0de @ 07/20/14 03:11 AM
Quote:
My RTTS options(which drive player lock as well)
Broadcast
On
All pitches
All pitches
All
Pitcher Zoom
Fielder
Off
On
On
All
Analog
All

No custom camera used

M.K.
Knight165
Side by side, a view of offensive and the problematic defensive sides of player lock / rtts gameplay with the mode of all pitches selected.

These are my RTTS settings which you can see in pt1. We differ most significantly in the "RTTS Presentation Style" which you have in broadcast while I have it in 1st person. Supposedly this only affects the type of commentary that's given on the game, but it's unknown whether this is the key difference. If it is, I'll update the post.

1st Person
On
All pitches
All pitches
All
Outfield
Fielder
On
Off
Off

All
Analog
All

No custom camera used

# 171 bcruise @ 07/20/14 03:44 AM
Well, good news and bad news. First off: Knight, I believe you can confirm this issue by creating a new profile from the experienced template, setting RTTS Presentation Style to 1st person and Game Watch to All Fielding. I just did that, and got this. This is what you're seeing, right legend?

Confirming the issue exists is the good news (in a way, gets everyone on the same page). The bad news is...I can't figure out why it doesn't happen to me anymore with my RTTS. It might be that this only affects playerlock and not RTTS and that I was confusing them (I played a lot of both modes when the game came out).

But I do know one thing for sure. Setting the RTTS Option "RTTS Presentation Style" to Broadcast should remove the pan entirely, on both player lock and RTTS modes. If it didn't, pause the game and look at your RTTS Options (even if you're in playerlock it'll still be there) and make absolutely sure it's not set to 1st person. If it was, then you didn't get the right profile loaded. But changing it in-game should have the same effect, and you can see what it's supposed to look like.

If it's still panning while THIS option (NOT the one in the presentation menu) is set on Broadcast...then I don't know what to tell you.

Fast Play in the presentation options will remove the pan between pitches too, although that's something of a "nuke button" solution. If you really want to play with 1st Person mode on, I guess you could use that.

# 172 callmetaternuts @ 07/20/14 07:56 AM
Is anyone else seeing more errors after patch? I'm at default sliders and in first game after patch, there were 6 total errors; 4 by CPU and 2 by me. Next game there were 3. In 30 games prior to that, I saw maybe 5 total.

# 173 vinny_pizza @ 07/20/14 08:45 AM
See
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM

Maybe it's just a strange couple games that I have played but it seems like the CPU especially is making less HARD CONTACT and htting more choppers and soft bloops.

Maybe I'm just imagining it, but it seems like there is way less pop all of a sudden.......I know I can tweak the sliders but just want some other opinions on what you guys are seeing
Maybe it's the fact that I'm playing the Cubs, but I've killed against them the last couple of games post patch. I hit 5 dingers against them yesterday on all star using your set, which I love BTW.

As for the cpu, again, maybe it's the Cubs but they've only hit one hr against me with not much else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

# 174 Pimpton23 @ 07/20/14 09:49 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem like the crowd reacts a lot more realistically (eg. standing up at appropriate times and appearing to get amped/rowdy, getting louder and actually STAYING louder at key parts of a game, etc.)? It seems like the crowd volume had also been amped up later in the innings and especially when a home pitcher has two strikes and two outs on a batter late in the game.

Maybe I missed that crowd ambiance was updated a while ago in a different patch or maybe I'm just convincing myself that it seems different now after this latest one. Can anyone confirm or deny what I appear to be hearing/seeing in regard to this?? Haha!

(And organ sounds are played throughout the game and in various stadiums now in my franchise that I'm currently partaking in. Just FYI for those who may not believe that they WERE actually implemented.)

# 175 underdog13 @ 07/20/14 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Is anyone else seeing more errors after patch? I'm at default sliders and in first game after patch, there were 6 total errors; 4 by CPU and 2 by me. Next game there were 3. In 30 games prior to that, I saw maybe 5 total.
Had 2 errors which should have been 3 in first game for me.

# 176 forme95 @ 07/20/14 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_pizza
Speak for yourself, I haven't heard one key from an organ post patch. But at least my custom camera save works.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Its called sarcasm lol. There were other issues that needed to be addressed and people are estatic about organ music lol

I would have been happy about the custom camera save, but it took so long, I got use to a preset so I have been sticking to that. Still toying with a custom setting, but yes it is nice that it saves now.

# 177 countryboy @ 07/20/14 11:26 AM
Quote:

I honestly haven't noticed a difference in hitting pre and post patch.

# 178 forme95 @ 07/20/14 11:35 AM
Quote:
So the only difference we have remaining is my game is a digital copy and yours is a hand picked physical copy . Seriously though, this has become a strange issue now. I will certainly upload what I'm dealing with so it can be shown and maybe there's a chance I can be helped
In RTTS options, the top one gives you the option of 1st person view or broadcast view. 1st Person is what does the panning. Broadcast doesnt.

# 179 forme95 @ 07/20/14 11:46 AM
Quote:

I am using your sliders (as posted on all-star with only the stealing lowered to 4), and Ive notice a little bit of the same. There seems to be less pop on the ball, but I am seeing a good avg of hits per game still. Ive only played 10 games since the patch, so I didnt want to jump to any conclusions. I was going to give it another dozen games before I said anything.

# 180 Heroesandvillains @ 07/20/14 12:21 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I honestly haven't noticed a difference in hitting pre and post patch.
I agree with Countryboy. It's the same.

The CPU hit terribly before, and they hit terribly now.

I'm working on it by boosting their hitting sliders and reducing my pitching sliders. But the new CPU hitting code (on AS/Classic/QC's at least) is producing the least intelligent and punishing AI I've ever seen in this series.

I LOVE the fact that they chase more realistically but otherwise I am not a fan of this year's approach at all.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.