Home
NHL 15 News Post

There are a variety of rumors and a distinct lack of news when it comes to the popular EASHL mode and its status in the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 version of NHL 15. Today, Best Buy Canada added a lot of smoke to the no EASHL in XB1/PS4 NHL 15 fire by posting gameplay specs which tend to indicate the game will only support two-player online play. In comparison, the Xbox 360 version's product page shows 2-12 players are supported online, which fits with EASHL's requirements.

Up to this point, there has been no indication EASHL is in this year's game on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, with a feature list from the American Best Buy website completely omitting EASHL as well. It stands to reason that EASHL might have been a difficult feature to program on newer generation consoles and the NHL team simply ran out of time. However, given the relative popularity of the mode, the possible absence of EASHL is something which will not go unnoticed by the NHL community.

Now granted, this is NOT confirmation from EA that EASHL is not in the game -- and it is entirely possible it is a mistake, so let's not all panic just yet. With a month to go until release, there are obviously many features we haven't heard about, so it's premature to lift this above idle speculation -- but there are some dots beginning to connect on this story. We have reached out to EA for comment on this and we will certainly update this post if/when that comes back to us.

H/T to @grayisthecolor on Twitter for alerting us to the Best Buy page and sending us down this rabbit hole this evening.

Update (Tuesday 1:30pm CST): A user on Reddit is claiming that there will be no EASHL or GM Connected in the game on X1/PS4 and that confirmation will come within a week or two. Of course, this is an unverified user on Reddit, so let's not get too panicky on this one. What the post does do is it continues to add smoke to the fire. We still haven't received any word from EA on the matter, despite putting in a request for comment, which could mean anything. NHL will be shown at GamesCom, so it's likely we'll probably find out the truth one way or another within a day or two.

UPDATE #2: (Wednesday, 11:50am EST) EA Sports Hockey League (EASHL) is clearly indicated on 360/PS3 (via Amazon, Best Buy) but NOTHING for Xbox One/PS4.

Would no EASHL change your buying decision of NHL 15?

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Obliteraider @ 08/13/14 09:42 AM
There are about 10 of us that play EASHL or lobby games vs each other.Maybe 2 of us buy it with no EASHL.What a letdown this would be!

# 62 centauris @ 08/13/14 09:59 AM
I really don't think it's in the game.

They are being completely silent about it everywhere.

# 63 ricky24 @ 08/13/14 10:40 AM
Wait is there actually a chance this is not in the game? I'm out if it is. Pretty much the only mode I play.

# 64 XtremeDunkz @ 08/13/14 10:52 AM
yup, no buy for me and about 15 people on my friends list if this is true.

# 65 ManiacMatt1782 @ 08/13/14 10:53 AM
There are more than enough people who go and buy boost packs for their OTP player. They aren't going to just leave out a mode that people buy Added DLC for. Does anyone think EA isn't greedy enough to put the mode out? They aren't gonna leave that extra money on the table.

# 66 ricky24 @ 08/13/14 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
There are more than enough people who go and buy boost packs for their OTP player. They aren't going to just leave out a mode that people buy Added DLC for. Does anyone think EA isn't greedy enough to put the mode out? They aren't gonna leave that extra money on the table.

Exactly why I see no way this is not in the game.

# 67 Steve_OS @ 08/13/14 11:58 AM
Updated OP.

EA Sports Hockey League (EASHL) is clearly indicated on 360/PS3 (via Amazon, Best Buy) but NOTHING for Xbox One/PS4.

# 68 BoltsnRays1109 @ 08/13/14 12:09 PM
Yeah, if they don't have EASHL, I'm not buying the game. What a complete joke if they don't have it after having 2 years to work on the next-gen version.

# 69 ricky24 @ 08/13/14 12:11 PM
Ugh. That worries me. I wish they would say something. I'm just going to pick this up for 360 if that's the case.

# 70 Money99 @ 08/13/14 12:20 PM
I only game offline, so this doesn't affect me at all.

# 71 ricky24 @ 08/13/14 12:30 PM
Looking at the best buy description I don't even see HUT mentioned. Did I miss it? No way they launch next gen without hut and eashl.

# 72 JazzMan @ 08/13/14 12:34 PM
I'm definitely not a hockey fan, but I was thinking about picking this up to play with a few OSers in the EASHL. Guess that idea has been tossed out the window

# 73 centauris @ 08/13/14 12:35 PM
Maybe it'll be DLC.

-__-

# 74 ManiacMatt1782 @ 08/13/14 12:40 PM
I am more worried about GM connected being omitted. There are no side profits being made off that mode. OTP that people keep calling EASHL, has people buying boost packs for their characters. They aren't letting that money stay on the table.

# 75 Arrowhead21 @ 08/13/14 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
OTP that people keep calling EASHL
OTP and EASHL are not synonymous. It would be possible for EA to include OTP into the game while excluding EASHL. it would mean that there would be no teams, seasons, cups within the mode, and instead only quick lobby games with random people similar to a online versus match.

# 76 LuGer33 @ 08/13/14 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
Looking at the best buy description I don't even see HUT mentioned. Did I miss it? No way they launch next gen without hut and eashl.
You can buy next-gen "Ultimate Team Editions" that include HUT bonuses.

# 77 ricky24 @ 08/13/14 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuGer33
You can buy next-gen "Ultimate Team Editions" that include HUT bonuses.

Ah yes. Not sure why I didn't think of that. My pre order came with hut packs.

# 78 kayto @ 08/13/14 01:13 PM
So ..if we know hut is in next gen..and best buy made no mention of it..who's to say the same isn't true for eashl?

# 79 Pezell04x @ 08/13/14 01:14 PM
I'm getting a real madden 06 feel right now.

# 80 ricky24 @ 08/13/14 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayto
So ..if we know hut is in next gen..and best buy made no mention of it..who's to say the same isn't true for eashl?

Hopefully the same is true. I played countless hours of eashl. Game is useless to me without it.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.