Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Our friends at ESG have posted this Madden NFL 15 video that shows end of season stats, league leaders, awards, division standings, and more. They also simmed the playoffs and Super Bowl.

For those of you interested in simulated stats, check out the results and leave your thoughts.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 sir psycho @ 08/16/14 12:19 PM
Very disappointing. Passing stats are horrible all around. It seems like every time I get excited about something with this game, some new issue comes up to take away the hype for me.

# 22 Sheba2011 @ 08/16/14 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc21045
Favre also only played in 13 games (really 11 because in his last two games he had a total of 8 attempts) and only threw for 2500 yards. If you want to act like Manning just had a HUGE drop off fine, but he can't have a drop off and lead the league in passing yards.
I am not defending the game in any way, I am just saying I have been a fan of the real NFL long enough to know that nothing is predictable. I have seen guys have record breaking seasons one year and a complete drop off the next. I have seen guys be top 3 in passing but be no where close to that in TD's (see Trent Green 2005). I want to see more than one season to see if this is something they did correct or if it is still broken.

# 23 ApolloKids @ 08/16/14 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir psycho
Very disappointing. Passing stats are horrible all around. It seems like every time I get excited about something with this game, some new issue comes up to take away the hype for me.
yep, exactly this.

# 24 OhMrHanky @ 08/16/14 12:32 PM
It's official. Stats engine is STILL broken. Low TDs, high INTs (for QB. INTs and sacks actually looked ok for D). Low rushing TDs, low receiving TDs. Stats looked pretty much like last year outside of sim QB comp % which looks better here. Pretty disappointing. I know it's only one season, yadda, yadda, yadda, but I have a feeling the sim engine is going to be same old, same old. I'm really curious if they fixed supersim in game to include play clock or not? If they didn't fix this, either, that's pretty weak. And, to be perfectly honest, these 2 things should NOT be difficult to program. They don't have to take into account all of the ratings of the players (and, I really don't think they do). You know, u take the NFL avgs for all these stats. U assign a per game avg for an overall rating. U say a 99 OVR QB throws for 5000 yds in a season and u fluctuate his avg during the season around that avg per game, etc, etc. simmed games are NOT played out. Defense doesn't come into play. Plays don't actually PLAY OUT! They just have to sim some stats. This is NOT difficult to program!! Uggghh, getting more and more frustrated just thinking about this. I am a java programmer and I feel fairly confident I could create a decent NFL stat simulator in maybe a week? Using basic type stuff. I simply don't understand the lack of effort here, or the lack of design by the madden team. Perhaps, they are trying TOO HARD to include all sorts of ratings to dynamically play out games, but this is completely unnecessary for what needs to be simmed here. Idk.

# 25 Spanky @ 08/16/14 12:40 PM
Hopefully they patch this. Even in the most bizarre season, your passing leader is going to have much more than 4,000 yards and your TD pass leader much more than 24 TDs. And Peyton Manning with 13 TD passes in a full season? He would have more than 13 TD passes throwing left-handed.

# 26 Holic @ 08/16/14 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alichu
Maybe Peyton got hurt which is why he'd only throw for 13 TD's
He had over 4,000 yards passing and only 13 TD's. Don't believe he was hurt in the sim unfortunately.

Rather disappointing to see the sim stats to be this bad yet again.

# 27 Mauer4MVP @ 08/16/14 12:51 PM
Man that really sucks. Hopefully someone's roster can fix it or they can patch it.

# 28 Sheba2011 @ 08/16/14 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alichu
Maybe Peyton got hurt which is why he'd only throw for 13 TD's
Or maybe some of his WR's got injured. He lost Eric Decker who had 11 TD's last year, Welker and Julius Thomas both are injury prone. They also have one of the hardest schedules (2nd) in the NFL this year. They start out with games against Indy, KC, Seattle, Arizona, NY Jets, San Fran, San Diego and New England. Those are some of the best defenses in the NFL. A lot different than last year when they had the 7th easiest.

# 29 DaBlackGoku @ 08/16/14 01:01 PM
These are some terrible stats. Manning only throws 13 touchdowns in 16 games? Aaron Rodgers throws 18 interceptions? Seriously? And there's only two 4000 yard passers and neither of them throws over 4500 yards? Come on now, these are some insanely broken passing stats that need to be fixed ASAP.

Come on Madden, I'm usually not one to complain but this is ridiculous.

# 30 bc21045 @ 08/16/14 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Or maybe some of his WR's got injured. He lost Eric Decker who had 11 TD's last year, Welker and Julius Thomas both are injury prone. They also have one of the hardest schedules (2nd) in the NFL this year. They start out with games against Indy, KC, Seattle, Arizona, NY Jets, San Fran, San Diego and New England. Those are some of the best defenses in the NFL. A lot different than last year when they had the 7th easiest.
A much tougher schedule didn't stop him from leading the league in yards though? There's no excuse for a QB as good as Peyton to throw 13 TDs in a season.

EDIT: he lost Decker but added Emmanuel Sanders and Cody Latimer. Wes Welker has missed 6 games in 9 years, not at all injury prone.

# 31 StefJoeHalt @ 08/16/14 01:04 PM
Quote:

Sheba your grabbing for some huge straws..you appear to know football well enough to know that WR does not make the QB..but the QB makes the WR...I do agree it's one season and more testing is needed..but can't spin the stats shown..4k passing 13 TD 11INT is OFF....

# 32 grodbetatted @ 08/16/14 01:06 PM
MY VIKES AT 11-5 THO, sounds like a season predicition right there

# 33 Bootzilla @ 08/16/14 01:07 PM
Quote:
Dude, really???? You might as well be saying every receiver got tackled at the one yard line and they settled for field goals. That would make more sense.

SD and KC gave up the 4th and 7th most yards passing per game. SD allowed QBs to complete over 66% of their passes against them.

I'll give you SEA and SF are really tough but the rest were essentially middle of the pack or terrible (SD).

# 34 fancyclaps @ 08/16/14 01:14 PM
With all the simulating that was apparently done (according to Looman) it blows my mind that they did not see this as an issue and address it. Just blows my mind.

This is worse than years past, and very nearly a CFM killer.

# 35 LorenzoDC @ 08/16/14 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlackGoku
These are some terrible stats. Manning only throws 13 touchdowns in 16 games? Aaron Rodgers throws 18 interceptions? Seriously? And there's only two 4000 yard passers and neither of them throws over 4500 yards? Come on now, these are some insanely broken passing stats that need to be fixed ASAP.

Come on Madden, I'm usually not one to complain but this is ridiculous.
If these results really represent what the sim engine does, then it's just unbelievable that the developers could have looked at this and said, "Good to go!"

# 36 JayD @ 08/16/14 01:45 PM
absolutely ridiculous. How does this make it by testing?

# 37 jeremym480 @ 08/16/14 01:59 PM
There's no sugar coating and there's no justifying it. The only thing that can be said is that those passing stats are just bad. Maybe EA just assumes that the majority of their fan base shifted to online CFM, so sim stats just isn't a priority for them anymore.

Our only hope is that this is either an anomaly (very doubtful) or there will be a Day 1 Patch that addresses this. I'm hoping that it's one or the other because I'm really looking forward to M15.

# 38 Sheba2011 @ 08/16/14 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc21045
A much tougher schedule didn't stop him from leading the league in yards though? There's no excuse for a QB as good as Peyton to throw 13 TDs in a season.

EDIT: he lost Decker but added Emmanuel Sanders and Cody Latimer. Wes Welker has missed 6 games in 9 years, not at all injury prone.
Dan Marino (the closest QB to Manning) had a season where he threw 16 TD's once and passed for just under 3800 yards, there was no reason for that but it happened, before then he had never thrown for less than 20 when playing a full season. Manny Sanders has exactly one season with more than 2 TD's, Latimer has never played in the NFL. Neither of them at this point are actual replacements for a guy who had 1288 yards and 11 TD's (Sanders total for his entire career). Welker tore his ACL it happened at the end of the season so he didn't miss any games but it still happened, he also battled concussions last year.

# 39 Sheba2011 @ 08/16/14 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Sheba your grabbing for some huge straws..you appear to know football well enough to know that WR does not make the QB..but the QB makes the WR...I do agree it's one season and more testing is needed..but can't spin the stats shown..4k passing 13 TD 11INT is OFF....
I just want to see more than one season before I make a decision either way. Off by what standards? Because Manning has never done it before? Dan Marino had a season of 3780 yards, 16 TD and 10 Int's. Is that really that far off?

# 40 mrprice33 @ 08/16/14 02:09 PM
Quote:
I just want to see more than one season before I make a decision either way. Off by what standards? Because Manning has never done it before? Dan Marino had a season of 3780 yards, 16 TD and 10 Int's. Is that really that far off?
If this passing season were to happen in 2014 it would be the worst passing season for the league in like 30 years. There are fewer things less likely than Peyton throwing for 4000 yards and 13 tds in 2014.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.