Home
NHL 15 News Post

Have NHL 15
? Want to know what others think of the game before you give it a buy? This is the place for you.

Once you've played the game, post your impressions here. If you have questions about the game, please post them in the Q&A thread. This thread is for impressions only.

What do you think of NHL 15 so far?

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 robinson @ 09/10/14 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Passes are way too fast. Doesn't seem like the trigger is pressure sensitive anymore. A simple puck sends a scorcher. Too magnetic.

Still think the gameplay is too fast and twitchy.

They need to make online hardcore. Guys are flying all over the ice. Hits are still overpowered.

I know this seems like a negative post but the game does some things well. They just need tweaks which unfortunately has been the case for a few years now.

Same things, lots of stuff is better.

I put the passing slider at 0 & 6 and seems way too fast. I thought I was holding the button to long...

Hitting/checking is way better then before, still a little much but way better. I just wish they had sliders from 0-10 instead of 0-6, that would make more of a range...

I put the game speed at 0/1 & acceleration at 1. That helps get the pace better with the skating.

# 162 robinson @ 09/10/14 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
The answer is to counter their strategy. What I usually do, which might sound crazy, is I go into a full breakout attack. Meaning as soon as I get the puck in my defensive zone my wingers are flying up the ice. I look to connect with them on long, saucer passes for breakaways and odd-man rushes. I used to do this all the time on NHL 10-14. I'm not sure if it works yet on NHL 15 because I haven't figured out all the strategies and how to change them all.
When you do this, are you adjusting your team strategy settings to the full aggressive off attack or in the off line 1/2/3/4 & def line 1/2/3 areas...

# 163 THESHAMISASHAME @ 09/10/14 04:28 PM
Just some more Impressions as I probably have 25 games in play now and nothing and I mean nothing feels forced since I found my proper skill level and sliders .

I also see a big difference/variance in player and team talent levels , nice and Im Calgary vs Boston and Im really struggling man this game just feels so much like NHL hockey , I mean EA really caught the spirit of the game and penalties are also tweak near perfect if you set it up well .

Win or lose I feel like I have control and trust me the gameplay and AI isnt a copy of 14 as NHL 15 just has so much more depth and really just play a realistic but fun game of Hockey very addicting

PS : You cant play this game out of the box ! You have to find your skill level and on the PS4 adjust your TV if it doesnt look amazing ! and enjoy

# 164 jyoung @ 09/10/14 04:37 PM
The one thing that stood out the most from playing a few online HUT games last night:

-- The poke check is almost useless now online. You can hit the puck dead-on with your stick, and it will only jar it loose for a split-second before the puck carrier automatically regains control. They really need to up the poke check effectiveness slider for online games.

The PS4 version really does feel completely different from the Xbox 360 edition on the ice. I had a hard time going back to play the 360 game this morning; the latter just feels incredibly dated and overly familiar.

# 165 Vice @ 09/10/14 04:44 PM
I returned it this morning, at which point the store employee said, "Wow, we're getting a lot of these back today!"

Good riddance to the hollow effort of NHL 15 that took me for granted. Hope to make a wiser investment with this $70 soon!

# 166 THESHAMISASHAME @ 09/10/14 04:56 PM
Oh and the hitting and checking is so realistic when you find your skill levels and sliders but please just remember guys this aint MLB The Show its not near perfect out of the box and sliders can be a chore but wow when you nail them you cant stop playing ! Its really in the game just too many little things to mention , but they really tightened up neutral zone play and if you skate it in the zone theyre all over you like stink on a monkey , dump and chase boys

# 167 Hockeynut99 @ 09/10/14 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice
I returned it this morning, at which point the store employee said, "Wow, we're getting a lot of these back today!"

Good riddance to the hollow effort of NHL 15 that took me for granted. Hope to make a wiser investment with this $70 soon!
Give to the needy.

I love how you can hit a bouncing puck. Scored a sweet one timer by Pavs from Jumbo. Looked so real too.

# 168 bigwill33 @ 09/10/14 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Oh and the hitting and checking is so realistic when you find your skill levels and sliders but please just remember guys this aint MLB The Show its not near perfect out of the box and sliders can be a chore but wow when you nail them you cant stop playing ! Its really in the game just too many little things to mention , but they really tightened up neutral zone play and if you skate it in the zone theyre all over you like stink on a monkey , dump and chase boys
Are these results all from play now exhibition games? Because it seems to be the findings of many that, no matter what sliders you have, once you start your GM games things sort of break down and the gameplay kind of reverts back to what it wants.

That is pretty much how it was historically speaking as well with the franchise modes in NHL.

It usually spells trouble that all you can get a decent game from is play now because you won't have sliders for online and in the other mode(s) the sliders are very hit or miss.

# 169 THESHAMISASHAME @ 09/10/14 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Just some more Impressions as I probably have 25 games in play now and nothing and I mean nothing feels forced since I found my proper skill level and sliders .

I also see a big difference/variance in player and team talent levels , nice and Im Calgary vs Boston and Im really struggling man this game just feels so much like NHL hockey , I mean EA really caught the spirit of the game and penalties are also tweak near perfect if you set it up well .

Win or lose I feel like I have control and trust me the gameplay and AI isnt a copy of 14 as NHL 15 just has so much more depth and really just play a realistic but fun game of Hockey very addicting

PS : You cant play this game out of the box ! You have to find your skill level and on the PS4 adjust your TV if it doesnt look amazing ! and enjoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Are these results all from play now exhibition games? Because it seems to be the findings of many that, no matter what sliders you have, once you start your GM games things sort of break down and the gameplay kind of reverts back to what it wants.

That is pretty much how it was historically speaking as well with the franchise modes in NHL.

It usually spells trouble that all you can get a decent game from is play now because you won't have sliders for online and in the other mode(s) the sliders are very hit or miss.
As I said earlier above PLAY NOW ONLY and yeah I hated how all modes played different from the rest as Playoff mode was always more hits and less scoring and with no in game slider saves made it twice as hard to find your skill level .

Im really just having a blast as I struggle with lesser teams and have more success with better teams and that cant be denied in this game as gameplay is as good as it can get while still being interactive .

# 170 Gagnon39 @ 09/10/14 10:12 PM
Many more games in and I've still yet to score a non-deflected slapshot from the point.

# 171 Drakar @ 09/10/14 10:27 PM
I am in the verge of going from mildly disliking the game to hating it very soon. I've my last 5 games duets CPU going mental in the 3rd period. I have never been so humialted in my life.you have no tool on defense to defend against the CPU abilities to skate like they are Kurt browning , pass like they are all Marc Savard and shoot like they are Ovechkin.

I have play with the slider with very limited success.

# 172 gopher_guy @ 09/10/14 10:54 PM
I like how the players protect their goalie.

# 173 Gagnon39 @ 09/10/14 11:05 PM
For all the time that EA Sports spend re-working the crowd, they sure do suck. There is absolutely no life to the crowd. Power play opportunity... no noise. Big hit... no noise. Goal? Noise for a moment and then by the faceoff you can hear a pin drop. It's very surprising. I've even maxed out the crowd noise in the options menu and turned everything else down. It sounds terrible.

# 174 robinson @ 09/10/14 11:10 PM
Quote:
Many more games in and I've still yet to score a non-deflected slapshot from the point.
So many are getting stuck right on Dmans stick. What about turning down pass interceptions...

# 175 jes5ant @ 09/10/14 11:11 PM
Computer passes cross ice for a one timer in the slot every time. And every time they score. This is just dumb. You know its coming but you cant stop it because they just pass it to whoever your ai teammates are "defending".

# 176 MarcoRVD @ 09/10/14 11:17 PM
Three games against a friend of mine online, three times the game has crashed as we headed into OT (yeah, we're pretty even). Two times yesterday and once today. Did it happen to anyone else? Is there a place where I can report this problem to EA?

I'm sorry about the off-topic, but I didn't want to open a thread just for this.

Other than that, I enjoy playing the game. I adjusted the sliders a bit to get a slower pace and better goalies (with the default sliders I had only high-scoring games). Of course I'm waiting to start the GM Mode because I want to draft my own players so until then it's just Play Now and Online quick matches for me. Which is ok because I'll be pretty busy until mid-October and won't have much time to play.

# 177 bigwill33 @ 09/10/14 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jes5ant
Computer passes cross ice for a one timer in the slot every time. And every time they score. This is just dumb. You know its coming but you cant stop it because they just pass it to whoever your ai teammates are "defending".
Mentioned that in every review I posted. It fell on deaf ears mostly.

# 178 gopher_guy @ 09/10/14 11:32 PM
Quote:
For all the time that EA Sports spend re-working the crowd, they sure do suck. There is absolutely no life to the crowd. Power play opportunity... no noise. Big hit... no noise. Goal? Noise for a moment and then by the faceoff you can hear a pin drop. It's very surprising. I've even maxed out the crowd noise in the options menu and turned everything else down. It sounds terrible.
Yeah I picked this game up the day after playing the FIFA 15 demo. On the back of the NHL box it says something like: "Most realistic crowd ever in a sports game"

I lol'd at that. FIFA crowd has NHL's beat by a million miles.

# 179 gopher_guy @ 09/10/14 11:36 PM
"Thomas Vanek is ready for the faceoff. Austrian born, he won an NCAA championship with Minnesota in overtime."

Wrong. He won an NCAA championship, but it was a 5-1 final. The OT championship was the year before, he was not on that team.

C'mon EA fact checkers!

# 180 Gagnon39 @ 09/10/14 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Yeah I picked this game up the day after playing the FIFA 15 demo. On the back of the NHL box it says something like: "Most realistic crowd ever in a sports game"

I lol'd at that. FIFA crowd has NHL's beat by a million miles.
It's very disappointing, especially playing as the Blackhawks.

Also, I don't know how many of you guys know this as you're probably enjoying your team's completely "rebuilt stadium." But Chicago's stadium is terrible. It's one thing to not have the United Center's naming rights but it's another to just cash it in and not even remotely try to make it look like the UC. No banners, nothing. It's awful looking.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.