Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

MLB 15 The Show is available now to pre-order on the PlayStation Store. Both the Standard ($59.99) and Anniversary Edition ($69.99) are available. Gamers will be able to start the download process before the actual release date, so they can start playing at midnight on March 31st.

There were unforseen technical issues last year that delayed the official release until later in the day, hopefully things go much better this year.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ryanmc564 @ 02/10/15 03:11 PM
sorry this is probably a real dumb question, but you can buy it but not download and play it, right?

# 2 BravesBoy @ 02/10/15 03:17 PM
Hopefully the pre-release download comes thru this year on time..If so I'll be rolling with digital as well

# 3 bcruise @ 02/10/15 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
Hopefully the pre-release download comes thru this year on time..If so I'll be rolling with digital as well
Pre-loading wasn't a thing yet when the Show came out last year, this will be the first time we'll be able to take advantage of it. Not having it available last year is what caused the launch day mess with the digital version.

# 4 ralphieboy11 @ 02/10/15 03:27 PM
I'm definitely going digital pre-load this year. Plan on playing at 12:01AM Tuesday and I took the day off as well.

# 5 BravesBoy @ 02/10/15 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Pre-loading wasn't a thing yet when the Show came out last year, this will be the first time we'll be able to take advantage of it. Not having it available last year is what caused the launch day mess with the digital version.
Yea thats right..i think that was the assumption before we realized that it wasn't offered for pre-download. I remember now

# 6 seanjeezy @ 02/10/15 03:49 PM
On the topic of the digital version - did anyone buy it last year and if so, how were loading times? Anyone replace their stock HD with a hybrid or SSD and notice improvements? If there was no difference I might just roll with the physical version.

# 7 HozAndMoose @ 02/10/15 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
On the topic of the digital version - did anyone buy it last year and if so, how were loading times? Anyone replace their stock HD with a hybrid or SSD and notice improvements? If there was no difference I might just roll with the physical version.
There will be no differences in load times between physical and digital. No matter what you play the whole game off the HDD.

# 8 seanjeezy @ 02/10/15 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
There will be no differences in load times between physical and digital. No matter what you play the whole game off the HDD.
heh I completely forgot about that, dat PS3 effect

# 9 bcruise @ 02/10/15 04:07 PM
Quote:
This made me think of an interesting question only Ramone might have the answer to. When the preload starts, will that initiate the entire game download or just the base needed to start up the game and play a quick game (probably with the World Series teams)? Basically what I'm asking is will the entire game be downloaded and ready to go before release day (assuming the connection is fast enough), or will we actually have to start the game on release day to enable downloading the rest of the game?

Sorry if that's too confusing. Anyone who preloaded NBA2K might be able to answer this as well - I think they did it the same way.

# 10 ajblithe20 @ 02/10/15 04:12 PM
Quote:
This made me think of an interesting question only Ramone might have the answer to. When the preload starts, will that initiate the entire game download or just the base needed to start up the game and play a quick game (probably with the World Series teams)? Basically what I'm asking is will the entire game be downloaded and ready to go before release day (assuming the connection is fast enough), or will we actually have to start the game on release day to enable downloading the rest of the game?

Sorry if that's too confusing. Anyone who preloaded NBA2K might be able to answer this as well - I think they did it the same way.

I'm not sure what's actually downloaded first, but if you pre download 2 days before the entire game should be completely ready to go at midnight. Did this with madden and I was playing the full game at midnight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 11 HozAndMoose @ 02/10/15 04:13 PM
Quote:

The entire game should download. Preload would be pretty much useless if it didnt.

Best part about this year is when i go to install the disk i can actually play with a team i like. WE WERE RELEVANT FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE!!!!!!

Dont you screw me Ramone. It better be the WS teams.

# 12 bcruise @ 02/10/15 04:19 PM
Quote:
The entire game should download. Preload would be pretty much useless if it didnt.

Best part about this year is when i go to install the disk i can actually play with a team i like. WE WERE RELEVANT FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE!!!!!!

What I wouldn't give to see the Cubs in Show '16's initial quick game matchup...

You're probably right - I just haven't done a preload yet so I don't really know what to expect with that. What I do expect is an hour or so wait with the disc version while everything installs to the PS4, before the entire game becomes available to you.

# 13 BravesBoy @ 02/10/15 04:34 PM
Quote:

The games I've downloaded in the past still require the hard drive install once you start up the game. You "download" the game initially, then once midnight hits and you enter the game, you still have to wait for the install. I recently had to do it with Far Cry

# 14 Cowboy008 @ 02/10/15 04:41 PM
Quote:

The past pre-loads I have done you are able to download the entire game. Only thing is when you start downloading it won't show all of it. You'll have to go down to where the game is and hit options and then go to information. Once you get there you will see how much more you have left to download.

# 15 aguero90 @ 02/10/15 05:40 PM
No download for me, mostly because the guy I got mine from last year already told me to call a week ahead...

# 16 vessel29 @ 02/10/15 06:11 PM
When is the PS3 version going to be in the PS Store? Or did I miss something?

# 17 Ghost Of The Year @ 02/10/15 06:14 PM
Can this be done for the Vita Show 15?

# 18 NC12 @ 02/10/15 09:11 PM
Does anyone know how much HDD space the digital version will take up as opposed to a physical copy? Really the only thing holding me back from going all digital this year

# 19 SmashMan @ 02/10/15 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC12
Does anyone know how much HDD space the digital version will take up as opposed to a physical copy? Really the only thing holding me back from going all digital this year
We don't know what it is yet, but they will take the same amount of space.

# 20 dazzelle @ 02/10/15 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takemejoehome
will have to do the old fake US account trick to download the game again this year here in Australia. thanks Amazon for the gift cards to get this!

Lets hope this thread doesn't end up like last year at 600 pages because it was delayed by about 15 hours LOL
It was available on the Aus store last year and at a pretty good price,$69 if i remember correctly. I hope it is available around that price again this year as a US $59 game works out about Aus $75 atm.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.