Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Check out the latest MLB 15 The Show trailer titled, Summer Wind. To see it in all of its glory, make sure you see the YouTube version at 1080p/60fps.

For those of you that missed the fact sheet, click here for all of the details.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 countryboy @ 02/15/15 07:47 AM
Yay another pissing contest!

Anyways back to the trailer. Watched again to see what Aguero was talking about and I'll be danged if I didn't notice it too. The ball/bat sound, sounds different. Maybe it was just because I was listening for a difference or if it actually changed, but the ball on bat sounded more "pure" if that makes sense.

Good catch Aguero

# 142 joshtree14 @ 02/15/15 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
What about this not being able to see the crowd at night thing? I didn't have the game on PS4 last year so I'm not sure what this was. But it has be concerned.
A portion of the crowd at night games were in darkness even though stadium lights illuminate the entire stadium .

# 143 PsychoBulk @ 02/15/15 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Still worried?
Nah, not so much any more

# 144 CubsWillRiseAgain @ 02/15/15 01:48 PM
Holy **** Wrigley looks amazing. You think they got Javier Baez, Jorge Soler and Arismendy Alcantara's batting stances in the game? That would be amazing

# 145 Grub @ 02/15/15 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
With the new tool the artists have for grass and dirt each artist uses their own footage from MLB.com taken at the right time of day and month to get the correct grass colors per stadium. There isn't any outside feedback that will be taken or listened to on this particular subject.
Wow, really? You're shutting yourselves off from feedback on it? Then I hope you realize internally that the warning track texture appears to be used for the infield dirt. I'm not a Mariners fan, but they do seem to be correct about this particular quirk. Surely you guys haven't hard coded every single stadium to use a lone universal dirt texture?

# 146 Factzzz @ 02/15/15 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsWillRiseAgain
Holy **** Wrigley looks amazing. You think they got Javier Baez, Jorge Soler and Arismendy Alcantara's batting stances in the game? That would be amazing
I would think so, almost would guarantee a Baez, and Soler.

I'd be more worried about if they got their face scans in. I've been worrying about guys like Marcus Stroman, Drew Hutchison, and Aaron Sanchez, if they got their face scans in.

I guess we can only hope.

# 147 HozAndMoose @ 02/15/15 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grub
Wow, really? You're shutting yourselves off from feedback on it? Then I hope you realize internally that the warning track texture appears to be used for the infield dirt. I'm not a Mariners fan, but they do seem to be correct about this particular quirk. Surely you guys haven't hard coded every single stadium to use a lone universal dirt texture?
Not sure if you mean every stadium has the same color dirt. Or every stadiums warning track and infield dirt is the same color. Either way you are wrong. You can see from the trailer than stadiums have different color infield and track dirt.

# 148 CubsWillRiseAgain @ 02/15/15 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
I would think so, almost would guarantee a Baez, and Soler.

I'd be more worried about if they got their face scans in. I've been worrying about guys like Marcus Stroman, Drew Hutchison, and Aaron Sanchez, if they got their face scans in.

I guess we can only hope.
Thx for the response lol. Dont they get face scans in for anyone who appeared in an MLB game? Or is that just that requirement to bw a part of the players union lol.

# 149 countryboy @ 02/15/15 03:35 PM
Anyone else liking the clouds in the sky this year? I don't know what it is, but they just look visually stunning and give the game this "summer time feel". Sorry I don't know how else to describe it.

And my oh my the lighting is amazing!

Oh and also like the shot of the guy throwing grass blades in the air!

Also noticed that it appears that during evening games the lights of the stadium are on and day games they are off. This may have been in last year but I don't remember it!

# 150 jonasty @ 02/15/15 03:44 PM
Have they said anything about possible improvements to franchise mode draft? Where some players have commitments to college and are harder to sign and all? I hope they eventually add that in along with being able to sign free agents to a minor league deal only and having waiver notifications pop up on screen during sim

# 151 nemesis04 @ 02/15/15 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasty
Have they said anything about possible improvements to franchise mode draft? Where some players have commitments to college and are harder to sign and all? I hope they eventually add that in along with being able to sign free agents to a minor league deal only and having waiver notifications pop up on screen during sim
I did not hear them say anything about this when the song summer wind was playing.

# 152 countryboy @ 02/15/15 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasty
there will be a franchise blog/stream/Q&A session later that these types of questions will be addressed.

# 153 Grub @ 02/15/15 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Not sure if you mean every stadium has the same color dirt. Or every stadiums warning track and infield dirt is the same color. Either way you are wrong. You can see from the trailer than stadiums have different color infield and track dirt.
Then there is no technical reason for it to not be accurate, right?

# 154 countryboy @ 02/15/15 05:20 PM
Quote:
Then there is no technical reason for it to not be accurate, right?
Can we at least wait until the game is released before we start making accusations that this or that is wrong/broken/incorrect/etc....?

The game is still a work in progress. Lets just enjoy the information that we are receiving, the videos/trailers that are releasing, and countdown the days until baseball!

# 155 Grub @ 02/15/15 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Can we at least wait until the game is released before we start making accusations that this or that is wrong/broken/incorrect/etc....?

The game is still a work in progress. Lets just enjoy the information that we are receiving, the videos/trailers that are releasing, and countdown the days until baseball!
What? The fans are saying it's wrong. Then I looked, they seemed to be right. There's an obvious separation between reality and the look in the game. I mean, I'd be frustrated myself if my team's stadium had a problem, and the community manager said "we're not listening to you" when I pointed it out. That's kind of insensitive.

But whatever. It's their game. Neither party is beholden to the other.

# 156 ajblithe20 @ 02/15/15 06:11 PM
Quote:
What? The fans are saying it's wrong. Then I looked, they seemed to be right. There's an obvious separation between reality and the look in the game. I mean, I'd be frustrated myself if my team's stadium had a problem, and the community manager said "we're not listening to you" when I pointed it out. That's kind of insensitive.

But whatever. It's their game. Neither party is beholden to the other.
As countryboy said, the game is not even released yet. They may not have been finished coloring the dirt at Safeco when they made the trailer, so there's no point in criticizing it until we see the finished game.

As for you being upset with Ramone's post... These devs listen to the community about many facets of their game. They are always being praised for taking a suggestion and throwing it in the game. They showed us in the first stream how they're color matching the grass and dirt of every stadium. So if they have a certain color dirt with certain shadows at a certain time of year and day, then they most likely have a reference point from a real MLB game with those colors. I wouldn't worry about it too much!

# 157 Sco291 @ 02/15/15 07:52 PM
Quote:
....the community manager said "we're not listening to you" when I pointed it out. That's kind of insensitive.
It may have come off a little insensitive IF Ramone said it like that, however, he didn't say it like that at all.

I understand possible frustration but it's been stated numerous times that it's a work in progress. Color matching is as accurate as it gets, suggestions on anything having to due with colors of the field honestly won't help them at all.

Let's just all wait to see what the finished product, along with the lighting, does to the coloration

# 158 LastActionHero @ 02/15/15 07:57 PM
Amazing trailer! If I knew we would ever get a baseball game this level in the RBI '94 days I would crap myself

# 159 Blzer @ 02/15/15 09:04 PM
Holy ****, just saw this as a commercial during the NBA All Star Game!

Although in what seemed like a pretty soft resolution (probably 720p and compressed), the game just breathed gorgeousness! Framerate was varied, though. For instance, most shots were 60 FPS, but then the Wrigley morning shot was 30 FPS, as well as the Wrigley crowd shot. So, still don't know about how cutscenes will end up being for this game.

# 160 Flightwhite24 @ 02/15/15 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Holy ****, just saw this as a commercial during the NBA All Star Game!

Although in what seemed like a pretty soft resolution (probably 720p and compressed), the game just breathed gorgeousness! Framerate was varied, though. For instance, most shots were 60 FPS, but then the Wrigley morning shot was 30 FPS, as well as the Wrigley crowd shot. So, still don't know about how cutscenes will end up being for this game.

A DAMN shame what SCEA has done to video baseball. These guys don't get enough credit. Thanks in advance for what I'm sure to be another year of great Baseball

Sent from my iPhone/iPad mini

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.