Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The Madden NFL 16 hype train has begun! EA Sports has just announced the game will launch on August 25th. They have scheduled news, features and details to arrive sometime in May.

Last year, EA Sports (along with Amazon and GameStop) provided details on Madden NFL 15 on April 28th, along with a teaser trailer, featuring Luke Kuechly of the Carolina Panthers.. They also kicked off the cover voting on May 8th.

What are you hoping to see and hear about in May?

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Reejer @ 04/30/15 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Obviously I'm a heavy franchise/cfm user so I'm in favor of anything added to it to increase immersion. That's my De facto number 1 item. Without it, it gets stale and becomes a chore to play.

Ditto 100%. I was going to say essentially the same thing. If the "new news", is just MUT and Madden Mobile info. unrestrained expletives will explode out of my pie hole.

# 162 cuttingteeth @ 04/30/15 06:08 PM
I'm not gonna rant ever again. I have meds preventing that, now...haha.

I'd like a teambuilder option, even if it's just for one team only.

or

I'd like to at least be able to rename and/or change Ht. Wgt. Skin Color of the built in draft classes. I'll put in the work to boost player ratings, if I have to.

# 163 TurboTitan @ 04/30/15 09:54 PM
Unless they make the best PLAYING Madden game ever, I won't buy the game this year if they don't at least:

A) Allow complete player editing. Everything. At any time in the season. Appearance, equipment, position, rating. Everything. Tired of seeing all the jacked up ratings for drafted players and not being able to fix them. On that point.....

B) Allow us to edit the draft classes. This is the ONLY way to have a realistic, immersive Franchise after the first year, in my opinion. I do NOT want make believe prospects with ridiculous names that I can't fix. I never made it past one full season in Franchise because the "fake" players just wouldn't allow me to get into it.

I could have enough changes I "want" to fill the entire alphabet here, easily. These are the two MAIN ones that I must have to purchase the game and, to me, they seem very reasonable.....even easy. I guess there has to be a reason they have not been implemented to this point (unless EA has just been lazy in regards to player and draftee editing). With no NCAA to prop up the terrible draft experience of Madden any longer, the ONLY way I see for EA to offer us Franchise-only guys a meaningful experience that is worth our $60+, is to implement the above two editing abilities.

# 164 goillini03 @ 04/30/15 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
Unless they make the best PLAYING Madden game ever, I won't buy the game this year if they don't at least:

A) Allow complete player editing. Everything. At any time in the season. Appearance, equipment, position, rating. Everything. Tired of seeing all the jacked up ratings for drafted players and not being able to fix them. On that point.....

B) Allow us to edit the draft classes. This is the ONLY way to have a realistic, immersive Franchise after the first year, in my opinion. I do NOT want make believe prospects with ridiculous names that I can't fix. I never made it past one full season in Franchise because the "fake" players just wouldn't allow me to get into it.

I could have enough changes I "want" to fill the entire alphabet here, easily. These are the two MAIN ones that I must have to purchase the game and, to me, they seem very reasonable.....even easy. I guess there has to be a reason they have not been implemented to this point (unless EA has just been lazy in regards to player and draftee editing). With no NCAA to prop up the terrible draft experience of Madden any longer, the ONLY way I see for EA to offer us Franchise-only guys a meaningful experience that is worth our $60+, is to implement the above two editing abilities.
The lack of real draft classes is a Franchise killer for me as well. We must be able to edit.

# 165 Skyboxer @ 05/01/15 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yeah, I understand there are not a lot of big plays over 20 yds or more in a game in the NFL, but, as you said, the high number of sacks might have led to a shorter passing type game.

There were a few issues with the higher sack numbers. There are slider makers in the sliders forum still trying to tweak and adjust sliders and we are almost 4 months away from the new game.

1. Shorter passing game.
2. Inability of the QB to throw the ball away or take off running, especially noted scrambling QB's. The QB's AI when pressure was being applied was very low.
Issue #1 above the sacks etc.. (Which were toned down with good sliders) is the fact WR's don't attack the deeper passes and the DB's do.

# 166 Primo80 @ 05/01/15 12:15 AM
I'm gonna guess there will only be one gameplay improvement, but i think they will overhaul the receiving mechanics. Probably a modifier button will get mixed in. Like a strafe button to square the body to the ball. Maybe even some joystick control to locate the ball in relation to a player's body.

I dont see them doing anything radical with how the ball gets there, but we might see a system similar to the true step for players' hands finding the ball.

What would be revolutionary is to give players a 3D bubble around their bodies to visually represent their catchable radius. That would give Donny Moore something useful to do! Calculate wingspan, jumping, acceleration, catch, etc. with a player's real life tendencies to give them a sort of hot/cold grid. That episode of sport science where they said megatron has a 4,000 cu.ft. catch radius made me think of this.

# 167 crf2012 @ 05/01/15 01:02 AM
i only really care what is changed in cfm soooo
1. get rid of game prep, it is wayyyyy to easy to fix problems just by saying hey ill give him some points, a player can never make a play in the games but still end up high ovr just from game prep.
2. Practice squads, realistic, contracts, coordinators at least for o and d, the little things that really should be in here
3. remove the rpg factor in maybe a 4th option, sorta like myleague in 2k, let me just choose all 32 teams without being all 32 owners let me be commisoner maybe ? idk just cut the crap and let me play franchise they way i could on ps2
4. some version of the extra point show would be nice
5. completely overhaul the draft, allow player edits, user made big boards, draft personality ( mel kiper todd mcshay) draft boards, mock drafts, more immersive scouting maybe bring back the shrine game from ps2, not sure if they even show 40 times and bench numbers, have the combine results,
6. holdouts, trade requests, saw someone in here say players requesting other players this was one of the more intriguing things for me on ps2 bring back players wanting money after big years maybe have a rating that increases/decreases likelyhood of this
7. fix whatever ungodly thing causes top teams to finish last place every
year
8. make free agency fun and realistic, players wanting to play in places based on scheme, location, loyalty, etc this is a must
9. bring back player traits from madden 12, make them placeable, ie you can label your franchise qb or label a player veteran mentor, dont include things like butterfingers or attribute effectors, just things that let you know who a player is, and for the cpu i feel like this would be a way to help with their logic, if they have their franchise qb they dont go draft one, if they have aging veteran they do
lastly
10. I would LOVE if newspapers returned, honestly i cant stand reading the twitter feed, i used to always read the preseason predictions from the newspapers on ps2, maybe just fit something that does the same thing into either a extra point esque show or find some way to do it in the feed but i want predictions and the other wonderful parts of the newspapers back in this game

I know my ideas will most likely not be addressed however im hopeful at least numbers, 1 3 5 6 and 7 get touched, even that seems unlikely

# 168 slick1ru2 @ 05/01/15 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan

So after settling a lawsuit with college players over their likeness in the NCAA games, resulting in huge fines and the demise of a successful game franchise, you want to be able to add their name and likeness into Madden and threaten it? Bwhahahaha

Until EA decides to pay players for their likeness, I don't expect they will do anything to risk being sued again.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ible-for-money

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 169 tarheelguy4736 @ 05/01/15 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2
So after settling a lawsuit with college players over their likeness in the NCAA games, resulting in huge fines and the demise of a successful game franchise, you want to be able to add their name and likeness into Madden and threaten it? Bwhahahaha

Until EA decides to pay players for their likeness, I don't expect they will do anything to risk being sued again.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ible-for-money

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Once they declare for the NFL draft, they forfeit their remaining eligibility and can no longer play college ball. So editing draft classes would have no effect on player likeness, since by that point they have no eligibility remaining. There would be no grounds for a lawsuit, as EA would allow editing of generic players, which it already allows in the game anyway.

Technically, if you use the logic someone could sue because of editing features, someone could replace all the NFL players with all the main college programs and their players and then those players could sue. However, they wouldn't win the lawsuit as their likeness isn't already implemented by the company who made the game, but the consumer added it later after purchasing it.

# 170 roadman @ 05/01/15 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
Once they declare for the NFL draft, they forfeit their remaining eligibility and can no longer play college ball. So editing draft classes would have no effect on player likeness, since by that point they have no eligibility remaining. There would be no grounds for a lawsuit, as EA would allow editing of generic players, which it already allows in the game anyway.

Technically, if you use the logic someone could sue because of editing features, someone could replace all the NFL players with all the main college programs and their players and then those players could sue. However, they wouldn't win the lawsuit as their likeness isn't already implemented by the company who made the game, but the consumer added it later after purchasing it.
I have to agree with slick on this one.

You don't see legends in the game anymore because Jim Brown and other legends sued EA and the NFLPA over their likeness in the game.

And what about draft classes after the 1st year, juniors, sophomores, etc.... .

EA will take the safer route since being sued by former football legends and former college players. There is just too much risk involved.

# 171 tarheelguy4736 @ 05/01/15 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I have to agree with slick on this one.

You don't see legends in the game anymore because Jim Brown and other legends sued EA and the NFLPA over their likeness in the game.

And what about draft classes after the 1st year, juniors, sophomores, etc.... .

EA will take the safer route since being sued by former football legends and former college players. There is just too much risk involved.
Yes, I understand about the player's likeness already being in the game but I am talking about editing generic players who have no related likeness to any current college player, which was what the OP was referring too. If EA doesn't put the players likeness in the game but allows editing, they are not liable as a company since they did not create the likeness, the consumer did. What the consumer does with game, has no ill effect on EA as a company.

# 172 roadman @ 05/01/15 02:35 PM
Quote:
Yes, I understand about the player's likeness already being in the game but I am talking about editing generic players who have no related likeness to any current college player, which was what the OP was referring too. If EA doesn't put the players likeness in the game but allows editing, they are not liable as a company since they did not create the likeness, the consumer did. What the consumer does with game, has no ill effect on EA as a company.
And I get that, too, but when CFM came out, EA said they ran into big issues when trying to implement draft classes. Basically, everything was not working or breaking.

If they figured it out, great, I'm all for it, but we haven't seen draft classes since CFM came in.

# 173 slick1ru2 @ 05/02/15 04:10 AM
Quote:
They lost their lawsuit saying they only had generic players in the NCAA games, that customers changed the names and customized the equipment. And while a study showed only a fraction had the correct player number or home town, they still lost the lawsuit.

I'm surprised they are even allowed to mention player schools in the current game's draft/scouting since they no longer have an agreement with the Collegiate Licensing Company who licenses college teams use.

# 174 Reejer @ 05/02/15 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacksimfootball
EA resolved that issue with legends though. There are a ton of them in MUT now.
Yeah, but I am a sim football gamer (as I thought you were from your moniker). I can't get into a fantasy football card based game (tried it, don't dig it).

I would like to see a game that you could replay each Super Bowl with original rosters. And have lingering injuries matter like SBII the Packers were beat up, so some of the ratings could reflect the injury.

# 175 jfsolo @ 05/02/15 10:09 AM
In ESPN's article about Carolina's accumulation of tall, long armed, pass catching targets, it mentions that Cam Newton had 72 overthrown passes last year. He was only number 2 in the league in that category.

Sadly, it's not likely, but the Madden team really needs to fully commit to making QB accuracy as dynamic as it is in real life.

We know that there are many gameplay flaws that would require a total rebuild of the game to fix, but I can't believe that this is one of them. They did better last year, but there is still a lot of work to be done in this area.

# 176 roadman @ 05/02/15 10:56 AM
Quote:
EA resolved that issue with legends though. There are a ton of them in MUT now.
Thanks, I wouldn't know because I don't touch MUT.

Just miss where you could play with legends without MUT. lol

# 177 Reejer @ 05/02/15 11:24 AM
Quote:
That doesn't make any sense at all.

For one, I don't play MUT and didn't suggest that I did. Second, if you played with the legends that wouldn't make it non-sim, see All-Pro Football; no football game was more sim than that and every player in the game was a legend or ex-pro football player. Third, simulation is about football fundamentals, intelligent AI, proper X's and O's, proper animations, authentic presentation, etc. not just the names on the back of the jerseys and the logos on the helmets, that's what casuals and non-sim players worry about which is why Madden remains a successful game despite lacking lots of authenticity in the areas I just mentioned.

Finally, it's almost impossible to miss the legends being in MUT since it's advertised practically every day on the front of the Madden game menu without ever having to access MUT. I don't even play Madden much, but it's advertised a lot online making it hard to miss either way.
Sorry, I thought with your statement, "EA resolved that issue with legends though. There are a ton of them in MUT now.", that you were excited about the ton of legends in MUT. And I never said that having legends in the game is non-sim. I would actually like it, but not just the Superstars, I would like to be able to pick anyone from NFL's past and present (but that would be one heck of an undertaking so just the Super Bowl teams would suffice).

# 178 Hushroom @ 05/04/15 12:41 AM
Offline franchise please.

# 179 Primo80 @ 05/04/15 01:44 AM
I'd like offline franchise to be top notch, but i dont think the AI is ever going to get there with this franchise. Behavioral patterns show up shortly after release that make the computer stale to play against. The AI quarterbacks are the focal point at the bottom of the uncanny valley that is an AI team. Their movements in the pocket aren't convincingly human. Most of the other tendencies can be overlooked and don't break immersion.

It's for this reason I think MUT is the logical choice for this game to focus on. Online play is Madden's strongest component and the best gameplay experience it offers. And teambuilding is what a franchise player wants.

I really wish they could add matchmaking to your franchise. Hopping online to spoil someone's franchise? That would rule.

I think they have something big going on for this year. I read that latest update was 3 Gigs on xbox? Does the game even take up that much on the disc?

# 180 franko3219 @ 05/04/15 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Yeah man, they had this in Madden 07, feature called Live Opponent, which I repeatedly rave about, which they decided to remove in Madden 08 for whatever reason, smh. Certainly made for a good option if playing against the lacking CPU AI wasn't your thing, you could just choose someone from your friends list or whoever online to play a franchise game, one and done.

If they would implement this, it would be a guaranteed buy for me.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.