Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

EA Sports has just released some NBA Live 16 gameplay videos. It includes a couple of quick videos from the Summer Circuit in Brooklyn, performance after the Pro-Am game and a look at the new playcalling system.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Steve_OS @ 09/11/15 06:47 PM
Multiplayer looks like it will be fun and that's what I'm after, hope it's not that easy to drive to the hole and dunk tho...

As for gameplay, I just can't stand the passing. It's just too floaty. Hopefully there are sliders that can tweak it.

# 42 The 24th Letter @ 09/11/15 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
He's late to react to the Westbrook drive, which means he's late to react to the pass, but Westbrook had an open dunk if he wanted it, which is why the defender is crashing down so hard.

He randomly ran right into the screener instead of cutting off WB.....it was some rough P&R coverage tbh

BUT

good recognition and rotation leading to a drive and kick....FINALLY. Did the Tiger Woods calm fist when I saw that....

and Pro Am looks fantastic man...love the atmosphere....I'm ready for Tuesday....the dunk and traffic was ehh but we'll see how it shapes up in a couple of days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 43 Basketball Nate @ 09/11/15 06:50 PM
I'm feeling how Teague originally was gonna cut to the paint on that three but pulled back out when they called out that he was cutting. We finally got some intelligent off ball a.i. that adapts to the situation for proper floor spacing

# 44 strawberryshortcake @ 09/11/15 06:50 PM
Animations looked improved, but considering this is a new camera angle, I won't be able to give final judgment on animations. I will have to switch to traditional broadcast to truly see how the animations play out.

Absolutely loving the fact that shots don't automatically go in perfectly swish. The ball hitting the rim is music to my ears, very organic and natural. Everything would go in swish in Live15's demo.

One thing that still sticks out is the dribbling mechanics, especially during a crossover. The ball always moves so far away from the body while the legs are spaced so far apart. I believe Kyrie was motioned captured a couple years back doing dribble moves. Maybe that's the problem because the way Kyrie handles is unique. Not everyone dribbles like Kyrie. Would like this to be cleaned up for Live17. Get a few NBA player to motion capture sessions with of dribble mechanics.

Not going to put too much stock on the AI based on one or two plays. I know MrPrice addressed the Durant open three already, and I can see why that played out. But I would have preferred to see the defender stayed a tad closer towards Durant for the possibility of ball getting kicked out by the driver. We'll see come demo drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
The tipoff is atrocious, the ball floats in the air till it gets to the point guard who awaits in his paint. Terribly unrealistic,
That's been acknowledge. The tipped ball will always go to the point guard. Unfortunately not going to be fixed for Live16 but they're looking into getting a fix for it in future Live iterations. At least that is what I read somewhere online.

# 45 Rob. D @ 09/11/15 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Multiplayer looks like it will be fun and that's what I'm after, hope it's not that easy to drive to the hole and dunk tho...

As for gameplay, I just can't stand the passing. It's just too floaty. Hopefully there are sliders that can tweak it.
Agree Pro am looks fun, we need some zip on those passes tho and Im praying its not like 15 ... Drive Drive Drive ... Dunk! If they can reduce the paint spamming and give us weekly challenges to do in the coop mode in Pro Am then this game may last a full year for me.

# 46 mrprice33 @ 09/11/15 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob. D
haha free price!! Give us all u can I know u see stuff we are just missing.
I'm trying to helpfully point things out where I can and help nudge y'all lol.

Some fun Kevin Durant stats...shot 44% from that spot on the floor last season, and shot about 16% better on wide open (6+feet away) 3s than he did on average (56% wide open vs 40% overall).

44+16...what does that equal? Huh...weird. I've seen a number really close to that before.

# 47 mrprice33 @ 09/11/15 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
He randomly ran right into the screener instead of cutting off WB.....it was some rough P&R coverage tbh

BUT

good recognition and rotation leading to a drive and kick....FINALLY. Did the Tiger Woods calm fist when I saw that....

and Pro Am looks fantastic man...love the atmosphere....I'm ready for Tuesday....the dunk and traffic was ehh but we'll see how it shapes up in a couple of days

Screener was Serge Ibaka. Possible he's playing him tight on the pick and pop.

# 48 WMoore75 @ 09/11/15 07:01 PM
Just the smallest of nitpicks with Live but i hate the fact that the benches are so empty. Where are the fans and assistant coaches at?? Other than that looks very promising!

# 49 WTF @ 09/11/15 07:01 PM
They're not playing "tight" on Durant yet, as the game just tipped off. If you hit 2 or 3 shots, you'll see the Defense adjust.

On ProAm, you'll see 2 or 3 dunks per game, not a ton unless you're just poor defensively.

Also, the tip off game looks to be on Pro. You all will see what I mean upon demo release.

# 50 WTF @ 09/11/15 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMoore75
Just the smallest of nitpicks with Live but i hate the fact that the benches are so empty. Where are the fans and assistant coaches at?? Other than that looks very promising!
I agree, I mentioned it often. And as petty as it sounds, I want to see kids in the stands too, in both games. But the bench stands out big time to me.

# 51 bballshawn24 @ 09/11/15 07:01 PM
it actually looks impressive. Cant wait till tuesday!

# 52 The 24th Letter @ 09/11/15 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Screener was Serge Ibaka. Possible he's playing him tight on the pick and pop.

Could be....and it may have a blip...but you don't want to defend a popper by running right into his body....just a small observation in some nice clips...

I'm honestly more happy that KD's defender recognized it and sold out....if that was in Live 15 it was rare..

# 53 youvalss @ 09/11/15 07:03 PM
I liked the OKC video. Nice play for an easy score (I thought Westbrook was supposed to be the scorer, but I guess it created more options for others to score). Passing isn't great, but hopefully that doesn't mess things up too much.

I still don't understand why they don't release longer gameplay videos.

# 54 jmaj315 @ 09/11/15 07:03 PM
in the brooklyn video....why is the sound of them catching each pass so loud? I was trying to figure out what that noise was for a good 30 seconds
Both jump balls looked odd to me

Durant jumper looked good going thru the rim for sure

# 55 bigeastbumrush @ 09/11/15 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Agreed. I was completely off of the fence. But that Pro Am video lured me in. That camera angle is mean. And the chatter...I have to give props.

I'm starting to think 2K for my franchise/dynasty, Live for my multiplayer/online.

# 56 WTF @ 09/11/15 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Agreed. I was completely off of the fence. But that Pro Am video lured me in. That camera angle is mean. And the chatter...I have to give props.

I'm starting to think 2K for my franchise/dynasty, Live for my multiplayer/online.
Wait til you play with the camera angle. I didn't know how it'd work, bringing a Live 95 style camera into todays technology, but once you have it on your screen, and are able to see the entire floor, and spacing, it's phenomenal.

# 57 strawberryshortcake @ 09/11/15 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMoore75
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I agree, I mentioned it often. And as petty as it sounds, I want to see kids in the stands too, in both games. But the bench stands out big time to me.
Never noticed until you guys mentioned it. Just went on youtube to check out some live Thunder home games and there should be front row seats for fans. Man, each team's coach look so lonely on the bench without their assistants. Never realized, now can't "un-realize".

WTF, also consider bringing this up if possible in one of your sessions ... cosmetic but it'll improved the over look and feel to the crowd. There needs to be fans eating and drinking, leaving their seats for the concessions, returning with food and drinks in hand. That would be a nice little touch to both games.

# 58 WTF @ 09/11/15 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Could be....and it may have a blip...but you don't want to defend a popper by running right into his body....just a small observation in some nice clips...

I'm honestly more happy that KD's defender recognized it and sold out....if that was in Live 15 it was rare..

I'm not that impressed on the chosen clip. I wish they would have upped the difficulty and showed some solid rotations, and having to break the defense down.

There's nothing more fun in this game than breaking your defender down, having the help d rotate over, kick it to the open man, to have another defender rotate (see where I'm going?) and eventually have a crazy mismatch. I love taking advantage of the mismatches.

# 59 El_Poopador @ 09/11/15 07:11 PM
Are there two #8s on the Blazers in that last clip?

# 60 m1ke_nyc @ 09/11/15 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Wait til you play with the camera angle. I didn't know how it'd work, bringing a Live 95 style camera into todays technology, but once you have it on your screen, and are able to see the entire floor, and spacing, it's phenomenal.
Do you like the way it transitions on change of possessions ?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.