Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

EA Sports has just released some NBA Live 16 gameplay videos. It includes a couple of quick videos from the Summer Circuit in Brooklyn, performance after the Pro-Am game and a look at the new playcalling system.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Walt Frazier @ 09/11/15 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
If it makes you feel any better, I went into triple overtime against the CPU on All-Star, and was handed my rear end on a silver platter against the CPU on Superstar. They'll play much better defense, and the rotations are on point, but not psychic.

I think you'll appreciate what they've done this year once you play the demo.

Hoping so bro...and will get the demo the moment it drops.

That help D is worrisome though. Last year they seemed to simply 'help' no matter who was on the perimeter. I don't mind them helping if Rondo is all I have on the perimeter and they leave him open.

But last year (and in that video today from 16) they left open Durant etc. I used the Hawks a lot in 15 and I'd penetrate with their PGs and the cpu would collapse and just leave Korver wide open all day.

Will be interesting to see if they have a 'help D' slider this year, now that sliders are in.

# 102 WTF @ 09/11/15 10:21 PM
Yeah, once the defense starts adjusting to your play, it gets to be a challenge. You'll have to constantly change things up, going with different attacks. Sliders make a difference, and they're functional.

# 103 Black Bruce Wayne @ 09/11/15 10:23 PM
Looks good. I am glad we have two basketball games. This is how the 90s was with multiple sports titles. I hate the rhetoric from either side that downs either game. It is possible to buy and play both and that is what I will do.

# 104 jvbell2015 @ 09/11/15 11:16 PM
I really want Live to comeback and compete. I want this to be good. It looks good. 2k seemed to get lazy, but with all the upgrades coming 2k is going for the jugular this time. I think Live is probably a year away from really being competitive.

# 105 Jakeness23 @ 09/11/15 11:19 PM
I do like how smooth it looks when running a play with the multiple options and how quick it transitions. Movement still looks stiff to me though tbh.

# 106 shutdown10 @ 09/11/15 11:49 PM
Here's the thing with this game, it doesn't look bad but it looks like something that shouldn't cost more than 30 bucks.

It has this really arcady look to it, the player movement, player faces & visual displays for calling plays is really well done but everything else is lacking. Still have gumby bodies & looks borderline cell shading

# 107 mlp111 @ 09/11/15 11:49 PM
Happy, to finally get gameplay... With that being said, I think I have seen enough to know that this won't be a day one pickup unless the demo blows me away.... Will purchase the game, but only at discounted price, what I have seen for me isn't enough to warrant a $60 dollar purchase.

# 108 TreyIM2 @ 09/11/15 11:49 PM
The movement looked pretty good for the most part to me except when yellow tank dude was dribbling in place before going to the hoop. Noticed that Live stiffness there but, still, the movement of the players looked pretty good for the most part.

# 109 grodbetatted @ 09/12/15 12:07 AM
I see a few people who say they wish that they did it in real game format, but I'm fine with how it is. When me and my friends play pick up games we don't have someone running the clock for us lol... We go to like 11 or 16 and that's game. I wouldn't mind then having an OPTION of NBA set up or game to 21 that would be cool

# 110 The 24th Letter @ 09/12/15 12:14 AM
Pro Ams do though....just saying, lol

Doesn't bother me either way though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 111 Vic Viper @ 09/12/15 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
CPU Defense = absolutely terrible. Who on earth leaves Durant WIDE open to clog the paint?

Same stuff as last year, where the "spacing" everyone talks about was often just dumb CPU AI.

I am strictly USER v CPU...really hoping this is not a sign of the new "help D".
You saw 1 possession and you are freaking out. That wasn't even a minute. Chill out and play the exhibition mode on all difficulty levels and then reevaluate what you just typed.

Also, when you double team or the offense executes a play well, they will have a man open. Just ask Kyle Korver, Klay Thompson or any other snipers for that matter.

# 112 swac07 @ 09/12/15 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
Happy, to finally get gameplay... With that being said, I think I have seen enough to know that this won't be a day one pickup unless the demo blows me away.... Will purchase the game, but only at discounted price, what I have seen for me isn't enough to warrant a $60 dollar purchase.
Yup definitely not a full price purchase for me either...but with whatI just saw I will say this if live takes care of business with franchise mode in the near future and fix some legacy issues...I wont mind paying the 59.99 price for it. Its not quite there yet for me from what i've seen, but I'd be a fool not to recognize the progress being made. That Pro am/initiate play menu clip impressed me I must say...Keep it up Live!!!

# 113 kolanji @ 09/12/15 12:51 AM
Mein that was dope....i got worried after live went silent in august....but what i saw dislocated my jaw.. cant believe how vibrant ProAm was with the atmosphere and lighting....

Still awaiting conformation of the post up game but i guess will just have to find out myself on the 15th of the month...

# 114 Mighty Tray @ 09/12/15 01:02 AM
Its funny how most of you guys nit pick live so much but praise 2k like its perfect wen it's not even better than 2k11

# 115 LeBron_On_Mars @ 09/12/15 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
I see a few people who say they wish that they did it in real game format, but I'm fine with how it is. When me and my friends play pick up games we don't have someone running the clock for us lol... We go to like 11 or 16 and that's game. I wouldn't mind then having an OPTION of NBA set up or game to 21 that would be cool

I'm surprised nobody here has mentioned this "Game 1" header title. As seen in the above pics, it's mentioned both in-game and in the post game level up screen.

What I get from this is that maybe in the Summer Circuit mode you play "Best Of" series that each goes to 21. Which initially could bring a user that "full game" vibe. Just imagine playing a best of 3 to 21 series in Live Run (OTP) too. If all this that I've came up with here is true then Pro-AM will be addicting!

-Gawdnado

# 116 fidelityny @ 09/12/15 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron_On_Mars

I'm surprised nobody here has mentioned this "Game 1" header title. As seen in the above pics, it's mentioned both in-game and in the post game level up screen.

What I get from this is that maybe in the Summer Circuit mode you play "Best Of" series that each goes to 21. Which initially could bring a user that "full game" vibe. Just imagine playing a best of 3 to 21 series in Live Run (OTP) too. If all this that I've came up with here is true then Pro-AM will be addicting!

-Gawdnado
This is how Summer Circuit works, in each city you play 5 games against different opponents, each team has a different play style and it gets harder as you move up the ladder. You must win to move up the ladder and advance to the Final.

# 117 getzmunney @ 09/12/15 01:48 AM
Looks good to me

# 118 bateman11 @ 09/12/15 01:52 AM
Those were very impressive clips. 1:30 worth of gameplay and you can already see the massive jump in movement/control, as many of you have stated. It's clearly evident this game has great potential.

That being said, these very short clips of course are going to showcase a couple of baskets. Would you expect the average consumer to enjoy watching a video display a bricked jump shot by Kevin Durant? lol. It could have taken them several tries to get that exact pick coverage by the defense forcing the strong help from the wing. Westbrook clearly had the open lane for a thunderous dunk. Pick your poison.

And in the pro-am clip, the ball handling looks very improved and more responsive. Players look more explosive and not so stuck in quicksand-like. And the dunk at the end was a great end to the video. He sliced through the help side defenders with a simple dunk where he avoided defenders.. No one was forced out of the dunker's path like in previous games.

Those are just my thoughts. I was very impressed by the footage and now believe EA is pretty dang confident in their product which is why the demo releases two weeks before launch. They trust the demo will be enough to warrant purchases.

# 119 Walt Frazier @ 09/12/15 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
You saw 1 possession and you are freaking out. That wasn't even a minute. Chill out and play the exhibition mode on all difficulty levels and then reevaluate what you just typed.

Also, when you double team or the offense executes a play well, they will have a man open. Just ask Kyle Korver, Klay Thompson or any other snipers for that matter.

One possiession EXACT same as Live 15 1000s of times.

I.e. Nothing changed.

Just so I am really clear on this...I played Live 14 and 15 a lot.

In both games, if you ran a pick and roll and went around the pick...the defense always collapsed, no matter who you had free on the perimeter. It meant wide...wide..wide...Open threes all game.

First vid of Live 16....pick, collapse...wide open three for aun unguarded Durant, of all people.

I.e. Seems like the same issue exists.

Yes, one video only...but it shows the exact same problem.

# 120 Tonyattia @ 09/12/15 02:05 AM
Looks real nice. Only thing I don't like is how loud catching the ball is lol. the passes are a little too floaty for me. And Jeff Teague has that generic jumper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.