Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

EA Sports has just released some NBA Live 16 gameplay videos. It includes a couple of quick videos from the Summer Circuit in Brooklyn, performance after the Pro-Am game and a look at the new playcalling system.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 coolcras7 @ 09/13/15 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
People want something new and fresh. I get tired of 2K bro. I really do. It's 2 months and then I'm done. I may play online for a bit after those 2 months or trash my friends on the sticks when they come over. Besides that, I get bored man. People just want something different. Competition is good for the soul...even if that competition is inferior at the moment. This is nowhere near 2K in terms of content, depth and animations, but It's a different kind of game. It plays different and it shows potential. All in all...it's not 2K and I'm so happy its not. I feel that way about Madden. I'm tired of it and wish there was another game out there that had the NFL license. (You already know what I'm talking about)

As for that Durant clip where the defender ran away from him, it was confirmed to have been on a lower level of difficulty. We've been told that AI logic and defense will increase upon level of difficulty. Keep that in mind and try it out on the demo to see a difference.
People want competition, but there is also the pit falls of blind faith. When the Hoop Gawd said gameplay was going to be release I expect more that a few seconds, especially one that didn't showed bad defense, but when I came here and saw all the praise I was shocked, The desire for competition would never be the excuse to except bad gameplay.

# 162 kolanji @ 09/13/15 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
People want competition, but there is also the pit falls of blind faith. When the Hoop Gawd said gameplay was going to be release I expect more that a few seconds, especially one that didn't showed bad defense, but when I came here and saw all the praise I was shocked, The desire for competition would never be the excuse to except bad gameplay.
Why is it that people like yourself cant understand ur expectations and satisfaction is not will not and can not be the same as everybody else's.....so what your not excited and not pleased by what u saw?? Then dont buy the game....nobody is forcing you to do so...but dont come in here calling ppl out for being optimistic about their entertainment......Nobody said the game is perfect or better than......and even if they did..again thats their prerogative
how could liking what u saw blind faith?...as far as i know this game has the only demo coming out before launch..so a try before buy removes any blind faith u mentioned... and the irony of that is am sure, many ppl already preorderd the other game way before anything was even shown...how is that for blind faith?

I for one, I'm very excited to play the demo and look for the improvements when the demo drops...last years game was a major improvement from 14 and am expecting more of the same here....looks like i will be owning two of the games again this year....

Live and let live

# 163 2_headedmonster @ 09/13/15 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Irony. He was agreeing with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 164 coolcras7 @ 09/13/15 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
Why is it that people like yourself cant understand ur expectations and satisfaction is not will not and can not be the same as everybody else's.....so what your not excited and not pleased by what u saw?? Then dont buy the game....nobody is forcing you to do so...but dont come in here calling ppl out for being optimistic about their entertainment......Nobody said the game is perfect or better than......and even if they did..again thats their prerogative
how could liking what u saw blind faith?...as far as i know this game has the only demo coming out before launch..so a try before buy removes any blind faith u mentioned... and the irony of that is am sure, many ppl already preorderd the other game way before anything was even shown...how is that for blind faith?

I for one, I'm very excited to play the demo and look for the improvements when the demo drops...last years game was a major improvement from 14 and am expecting more of the same here....

Live and let live
I feel sorry for you if this is how you feel, wanting the most authentic experience is not asking too much, pointing out flaws is not bashing the game, because I consider praising or turning a blind eye to those obvious flaws much worse. Last year Live 15 removed certain fundamental basketball rule from their game in order to make the game more accessible but made the game not a true sim basketball experience, some people may be ok with that I was not. In the video the AI choice to leave one of the best player in the league wide open at the perimeter for an easy 3 that is a flaw in the games logic I hope gets fixed prior to release.

# 165 kolanji @ 09/13/15 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
I feel sorry for you if this is how you feel, wanting the most authentic experience is not asking too much, pointing out flaws is not bashing the game, I consider praising those obvious flaws much worse. Last year Live 15 removed certain aspects of their game in order to cheat the fans of a sim basketball experience some people may be ok with that I was not.
Well am sorry u feel sorry for me....
By all means go ahead and point out what u dont like about the game...its appreciated around here...but dont go pointing out other people's opinion. ..u cant go around trying to replace people's opinion with ur own U can only do that with facts

And the fact of the matter is the game is not perfect...but can it be fun if its not?

I bought my son a basketball rim when he was four years old for Xmas he opened the box all excited..so i set the thing up only to see him playing all day with the darn box the thing came in....he was having fun despite of all else so i let it be.....my daughter (1 1/2old) is the same she finds the plastic bags stuff comes in way more exciting to play with over the stuff inside the bags

which brings me back to the point...nba live 15 is that box the rim came in for some people around here..its not perfect..can it be better? It sure can..but it is what it is...

point out what u dont like about the game not the people family...like DaCzar..."dont play video game, play basketball"

# 166 k1lo5 @ 09/13/15 03:22 AM
Why do i have to scroll through endless posts of to and fro chatter. Waste of my time! Keep it on topic ffs!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

# 167 coolcras7 @ 09/13/15 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
Well am sorry u feel sorry for me....
By all means go ahead and point out what u dont like about the game...its appreciated around here...but dont go pointing out other people's opinion. ..u cant go around trying to replace people's opinion with ur own U can only do that with facts

And the fact of the matter is the game is not perfect...but can it be fun if its not?

I bought my son a basketball rim when he was four years old for Xmas he opened the box all excited..so i set the thing up only to see him playing all day with the darn box the thing came in....he was having fun despite of all else so i let it be.....my daughter (1 1/2old) is the same she finds the plastic bags stuff comes in way more exciting to play with over the stuff inside the bags

which brings me back to the point...nba live 15 is that box the rim came in for some people around here..its not perfect..can it be better? It sure can..but it is what it is...

point out what u dont like about the game not the people family...like DaCzar..."dont play video game, play basketball"
I guess that is were we a fundamentally different I am not willing to spend 60 dollars to play with a box.

# 168 TDYRX @ 09/13/15 06:48 AM
I feel like a lot of guys that come in here (regardless of whether or not they play it) criticize Live because they are expecting something similar to the competition. Which I feel is fair, to an extent, but I kind of see it like this: organized gym ball as opposed to pick up ball on a local court. Just hear me out lol.

The praise for this game isn't ALL blind faith. Those of us who are regular or somewhat regular to the Live forums know and recognize that this series has been rough and unpolished since its return, and as a small community we want nothing more than to see this game achieve the standard that it should be at. That being said, I think that most of us are just looking forward to the improvements, as opposed to obsessively picking out the flaws. Once we get our hands on the game, we can determine whether or not significant progress was made.

If I had to sum up how I feel about this debate, I'd say I love playing organized ball. Its clean, consistent and real basketball. At the same time, I love playing pick up ball. Its rough and not always pretty, but its still real basketball. If that made any sense.

Tl;dr: Basketball is basketball, hardwood or blacktop. I've had just as much fun playing on college courts as I have dunking on milk crates. Not impossible to love both.

Getting back on topic, I'm seeing some legacy issues in the videos, but hopefully sliders and settings can counter some of that. I'm excited to try the new mechanics myself, so I'm not putting too much stock in these short clips. One or two plays in no way represents a full game.

# 169 thesniper321 @ 09/13/15 07:17 AM
WOOOW they did work hard this year!
The game changed so much it's incredible! From the players movement to the rim interaction you can see a huge upgrade.
Now I'm waiting for the demo. Well done EA

# 170 mrprice33 @ 09/13/15 10:18 AM
Me waking up and checking on this thread:

# 171 iFnotWhyNoT @ 09/13/15 12:51 PM
My Impressions

The Pro-am courts are nice, i like the realism there, nice addition EA.

When it comes to gameplay, i still don't like the stiff look, and there is a good amount of warping and sliding going on. Before you guys jump down my throat i said this on the other games videos too. I know its very hard for a game to have no sliding or warping im ok with some if it, as long as it doesn't cause you to feel like your being cheated.

The blazers vs OKC clip i think its Ibaka who sets a down-screen for Durant to come up to the 45. The PLAYER guarding Durant...maybe Aminu, fights the screen but then warps a good 4 FEET around the players in a way to get into a better position. I would have much rather seen him have to fight again to get back into that position.

As for the AI - Westbrook comes off the pick and passes to Durant. The player guarding Durant is watching Westbrook as he comes off the screen, as Russell passes, the defender reacts AFTER the pass. He sees the pass coming but leaves Durant anyway. At regular speed you still notice but at .25 speed it looks like a WTF moment. Westbrook also doesn't cut into the paint or show enough that hes going to attack for Aminu to leave Durant, but i don't know what the defensive settings are in place for Aminu to react like that.

I don't have a problem with the tip-off animation. I don't feel like im being cheated there.
Game is getting better no doubt, this is a tiny sample I KNOW I KNOW. I Just got into the habit now of watching gameplay vids in slow speed to see things in regular speed that gave me a pause.

I plan on getting this game when its discounted too, by Christmas time ill know if i want it or not.

# 172 Tonyattia @ 09/13/15 02:16 PM
I don't see that warp, he does contact ibaka after being screened, then goes back and contacts him again. That was a complete bonehead decision by aminu, made no sense. Maybe it's tied to help d ratings but cmon hopefully that's a rarity

# 173 iFnotWhyNoT @ 09/13/15 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyattia
I don't see that warp, he does contact ibaka after being screened, then goes back and contacts him again. That was a complete bonehead decision by aminu, made no sense. Maybe it's tied to help d ratings but cmon hopefully that's a rarity

.25 speed you will see clear as day, Aminu warp or slide back into position after being initially screened. It dont matter as much tho no one plays on .25 speed. Its just my initial impression i hope the demo shines cuz i am feening for a ball game right now.

# 174 DBMcGee3 @ 09/14/15 10:26 AM
Doesn't look too shabby. I'm really looking froward to the demo, assuming it's still coming tomorrow.

# 175 GisherJohn24 @ 09/14/15 10:45 AM
Looking solid overall. Nothing to hide now. It's time to play that demo!

# 176 bumpyface @ 09/14/15 11:49 AM
Will the demo be available for everyone? Thanks in advance

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.