Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR title update 1.04 is available now for PlayStation 4 weighing in at 3.7GB. It should arrive soon for Xbox One. The update includes the free Treasure Island course (check out the trailer here), which is available in all modes. They also removed Night Club celebration animations from created golfers in normal golfing modes.

UPDATE: It is now available for Xbox One users.

Check out the full details below.
  • Added Treasure Island as a playable course. It is available in Play Now, Online H2H and Online Tournaments.
  • Added Dustin Johnson as a playable character.
  • Updated attributes of licensed golfers based on real world performance.
  • Various Matchmaking stability fixes.
  • Various career stability fixes.
  • Various audio fixes.
  • Various apparel fixes.
  • Various East Lake fixes.
  • Various performance fixes.
  • Various physics tweaks that build on last patch’s improvements.
  • Improved eye movement on all characters.
  • Removed Night Club celebration animations from created golfer in normal golfing modes.
  • Fixed speed up ball flight from speeding up clock incorrectly in Night Club Challenge.
  • Fixed accessing golfer select in edge case situations in Night Club Challenge.
  • Improved the physics on buckets for Night Club challenges that have them.
  • Improved culling logic on objects that get between the golfer and the camera.
  • Improved default aim logic.
  • Fixed an issue with settings when signing out of a profile.
Source - EA Sports

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DivotMaker @ 10/27/15 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR title update 1.04 is available now for PlayStation 4 weighing in at 3.7GB. It should arrive soon for Xbox One. The update includes the free Treasure Island course, which is available in all modes. They also removed Night Club celebration animations from created golfers in normal golfing modes.

Check out the full details below.
  • Added Treasure Island as a playable course. It is available in Play Now, Online H2H and Online Tournaments.
  • Added Dustin Johnson as a playable character.
  • Updated attributes of licensed golfers based on real world performance.
  • Various Matchmaking stability fixes.
  • Various career stability fixes.
  • Various audio fixes.
  • Various apparel fixes.
  • Various East Lake fixes.
  • Various performance fixes.
  • Various physics tweaks that build on last patch’s improvements.
  • Improved eye movement on all characters.
  • Removed Night Club celebration animations from created golfer in normal golfing modes.
  • Fixed speed up ball flight from speeding up clock incorrectly in Night Club Challenge.
  • Fixed accessing golfer select in edge case situations in Night Club Challenge.
  • Improved the physics on buckets for Night Club challenges that have them.
  • Improved culling logic on objects that get between the golfer and the camera.
  • Improved default aim logic.
  • Fixed an issue with settings when signing out of a profile.
Source - EA Sports
Many users here will be pleased with this......along with a number of other fixes. This means the over the top celebrations have been removed for all modes except Night Club.

# 2 Steve_OS @ 10/27/15 10:58 AM
Just a few screenshots.

# 3 AceFan84 @ 10/27/15 12:14 PM
Seems like the post launch support has been solid so far, I will have to find this cheap somewhere on Black Friday.

# 4 Flightwhite24 @ 10/27/15 12:23 PM
I can do without the Fantasy courses myself. Give me the real courses any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 5 Buddywalker @ 10/27/15 12:58 PM
Boring.
I would like to have a replay mode.
Different camera angles.
Coverage of the best shots.
Wake me up, when they get it right.

# 6 brandon27 @ 10/27/15 01:02 PM
Wow, That's pretty awesome. Celebrations gone!

Course looks fun. Won't play it much, but looks fun for a round. I prefer the fantasy courses that at least seem realistic. This one, looks too fantasy for me to really enjoy. I'm ok with Fantasy courses if they at least resemble a real golf course, not something ridiculous like a battleship, or like this one appears.

Either way, post release support and free content, wont really get a complaint out of me. I'm all for it.

Thanks EA

# 7 goillini03 @ 10/27/15 01:26 PM
I cannot believe that I am saying this but FANTASTIC!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

# 8 Thrash13 @ 10/27/15 01:59 PM
I definitely prefer the real-life courses, but this course looks like it will be fun to try. I probably won't be able to post a good score much the same as Coyote Falls, but the scenery looks nice! And like a poster above mentioned, it's free! I won't ever gripe about free. I'm also looking forward to trying out Dustin Johnson, and I'll probably use him at Treasure Island to knock out both. Thanks for listening EA Sports!

# 9 davis420 @ 10/27/15 07:09 PM
I'm glad I held on to this game. I'm hoping it gets support like UFC did in the updates and patches.

# 10 Walt Frazier @ 10/28/15 08:50 AM
Great news...looking forward to playing again now that the ridiculous celebrations are gone.

Improved physics also sounds good...glad they are supporting this game well into next year

# 11 Capfan11 @ 10/28/15 02:43 PM
Took the plunge about a month ago and have become somewhat addicted. still have not figured out how to accurately hit the draw and/or fade. Guess I need more practice. Tour mode is a beast. Best round is 67 although normally I'm lucky to break par.

Getting rid of those animations is most appreciated!

# 12 mrsaito @ 10/28/15 03:21 PM
Thanks Justin and keep it coming!

# 13 DivotMaker @ 10/28/15 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capfan11
Took the plunge about a month ago and have become somewhat addicted. still have not figured out how to accurately hit the draw and/or fade. Guess I need more practice. Tour mode is a beast. Best round is 67 although normally I'm lucky to break par.

Getting rid of those animations is most appreciated!
Practice IS the key. I am hoping you know how to set a draw and fade up in the pre-shot routine using the non-shot analog stick. A good way to practice is clicking on the non-shot stick and using the practice swing. If I am not mistaken, each practice swing will show you how your shot would have finished up by watching the camera. At least that is how it works using 3-click. I have not tried using practice swing in TOUR or TOUR Custom mode.

# 14 catcherforbaseball @ 10/28/15 03:42 PM
I am playing the playoff tournament in Bay Hill and literally every single shot I make, my created player celebrates and there is a massive cheer from the crowd. This includes shots into the bunker, rough, and into the water. They cheer like crazy regardless of what happens including my created golfer. It is actually quite funny. My golfer celebrates when he hits it into the water now haha

# 15 Golfsprince @ 10/28/15 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherforbaseball
I am playing the playoff tournament in Bay Hill and literally every single shot I make, my created player celebrates and there is a massive cheer from the crowd. This includes shots into the bunker, rough, and into the water. They cheer like crazy regardless of what happens including my created golfer. It is actually quite funny. My golfer celebrates when he hits it into the water now haha
haha I don't ever remember my created golfer celebrating a bad shot buy I definitely remember the crowd cheering after everything I did. It was hilarious.

Every time I did something bad they'd cheer as if they wanted me to suck. I was like "Screw you guys!" lol

# 16 Capfan11 @ 10/28/15 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Practice IS the key. I am hoping you know how to set a draw and fade up in the pre-shot routine using the non-shot analog stick. A good way to practice is clicking on the non-shot stick and using the practice swing. If I am not mistaken, each practice swing will show you how your shot would have finished up by watching the camera. At least that is how it works using 3-click. I have not tried using practice swing in TOUR or TOUR Custom mode.
For sure I know how to set it up. It's the execution part that I have issues with. And I had no idea about the practice swing!! That I will try for sure.

Update- wow. I'm an idiot. Right click right stick and practice swing away! Still very tough. Which is a good thing by the way...

# 17 DivotMaker @ 10/29/15 02:40 PM
All,

Some really good discussions on courses and gameplay in the RM forums....Justin stopped by today to address some of the comments about fantasy courses as well as what we can look forward to with upcoming updates.....

Quote:
HANDSWARD wrote:

I see this convo continuing on so I'll chime in on the topic...

I know there are plenty of you that don't like fantasy courses. You have all been plenty vocal about them for a long time. But you all have to understand that these courses actually get more play than most other courses. Where we stand right now, Paracel Storm is still far and away the most played course in the game and Coyote Falls sits at #4. And those numbers are even more impressive when you realize that they are not in career at all. Now we are already seeing a ton of play on this new course and it has only been out for a couple days. I expect it to be the most played course for the next few months.

That being said, there are plenty of authentic courses on the way. The announcement from a few weeks ago told you about 4 courses, 3 of which are authentic courses. 2 of those have never been int he game before and Oakmont will feel brand new because they have been restoring it to it's original state from the early 1900's. So plenty of content there for those looking for authentic courses.

On a side note, we are always trying to make the gameplay better for all users. I have another update to miss hit that I am working on for the advanced swing. It adds a new form of mis - hit that is read off you being outside the swing plane at any point in the swing. All that has mattered to this point is your starting point, finishing point, and swing speed. This added layer will improve what we feel is already a solid simulation golf swing mechanic.

So be patient kids, plenty for everyone coming down the pipeline.
I am geeked about the improvements to the Advanced Swing in TOUR Custom.....

# 18 catcherforbaseball @ 10/29/15 04:03 PM
I also just won the Fed Ex cup of season 1 and didn't get my PSN Trophy. Just a thought I thought I'd pass along.

Please add XP in play now mode!!

# 19 brandon27 @ 10/30/15 12:45 AM
I'm shocked at the claim that the fantasy courses are among the most played. Shocked. Absolutely shocked.

Raise your hand if you play them. Seriously. And by play, I mean more than once or twice to just check it out.

I dont get it, who buys a PGA tour golf game, to place fake courses.

To each their own. I get it. That's cool.

I'm just... surprised to say the least.

# 20 mrsaito @ 10/30/15 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I'm shocked at the claim that the fantasy courses are among the most played. Shocked. Absolutely shocked.

Raise your hand if you play them. Seriously. And by play, I mean more than once or twice to just check it out.

I dont get it, who buys a PGA tour golf game, to place fake courses.

To each their own. I get it. That's cool.

I'm just... surprised to say the least.
Brandon - Wouldn't this be some sort of online play stats or do you think that they monitor what offline players are doing over their internet connection?

If it's the former than this does not surprise me based on what other sport's forums think and say about the online population.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.