Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Sony San Diego is Twitch streaming MLB The Show 16 right now, as the team goes over the Showtime and Road to the Show modes.

Watch the stream here. For those of you that miss it, we will update this post with the archive.

UPDATE: The stream has completed, watch the archive here (it starts at roughly the 16:35 mark).

Some notes:
  • 20-80 scale confirmed in Franchise mode
  • You CAN turn the Showtime feature on/off
  • New running styles are normal, lumbering, speedster and athletic
  • Over 600 new animations added, 100's more a dive specific
  • While running bases, hold L1 for a zoomed in view, L2 for a medium view
  • Oakley, EvoShield, and All Star are the new equipment brands
  • New Balance not in this year, maybe next year
  • No tattoos or face scanning in RTTS
  • You can view team uniforms in player editor

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 JayD @ 02/05/16 04:26 PM
Twinkies = Murica!

# 182 breakfastcat @ 02/05/16 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yikes!..

Don't eat those things boys.....(and girls)...they'll kill you!

M.K.
Knight165
DON'T TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE

# 183 Syce @ 02/05/16 05:46 PM
i wanted to know if there is a new camera for outfield, right now you either have to follow that stupid arrow on ur screen or press whatever button it is to see where the ball is going and hope you get there in time. but the big issue i have is trying to rob a home run, so when it shows a fielding option to rob a home run its very very very difficult to actually read it and position your self in the right spot making it almost impossible to do correctly.

# 184 nemesis04 @ 02/05/16 07:13 PM
Quote:
Yikes!..

Don't eat those things boys.....(and girls)...they'll kill you!

M.K.
Knight165
That's what a Twinkie looks like when you squeeze it. Very fitting!

# 185 Bmorebirds_2401 @ 02/05/16 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
i wanted to know if there is a new camera for outfield, right now you either have to follow that stupid arrow on ur screen or press whatever button it is to see where the ball is going and hope you get there in time. but the big issue i have is trying to rob a home run, so when it shows a fielding option to rob a home run its very very very difficult to actually read it and position your self in the right spot making it almost impossible to do correctly.

I couldn't agree more about the OF camera. I wish we had the option to just do it in a regular view. The whole first person aspect and trying to judge the fly ball sometimes is a bit rough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 186 Speedy @ 02/05/16 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
DON'T TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE
I find this ironic coupled with your username.

# 187 tessl @ 02/05/16 07:36 PM
Quote:
They still make Twinkies?

M.K.
Knight165
I won't tell you what I found once in the cream when I bit into a Twinkie. Suffice to say it has been decades since I ate a Twinkie.

When a batter hits a ball in the air to an outfielder it is called a ___ ball.

# 188 Knight165 @ 02/05/16 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I won't tell you what I found once in the cream when I bit into a Twinkie. Suffice to say it has been decades since I ate a Twinkie.

When a batter hits a ball in the air to an outfielder it is called a ___ ball.
Hey...at least you got a little bit of protein with it.
Yours was 100X more nutritious than a regular Twinkie!!

M.K.
Knight165

# 189 Houston @ 02/05/16 08:20 PM
Hey Ramone, not sure if you can answer this now or not, but has the glitch on editing created pitchers pitches been fixed? Last year there was a glitch that you had to carefully edit each pitch because there numbers would change. It was kinda broken compared to editing a real player pitcher pitches as you could enter the exact number with it staying without changing vs the created pitchers.

# 190 saintloue28 @ 02/05/16 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
I see the show social justice warriors are out in full force.

How bout you let people have their own opinions.
Not trying to be a troll.... But isnt that THEIR opinions?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

# 191 SmoothyRogers @ 02/05/16 10:46 PM
Can we select uniforms before each game this year?

# 192 tree3five @ 02/06/16 11:27 AM
With specific countries being presented for each player this year, might we see the WBC next year?

# 193 tessl @ 02/06/16 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
In rewatching the stream...is this really a ps4 game? I am looking and looking hard to find some positive and the only one I have is the audio through the controller. Too much of the same everything...we need a leap like 2k had in their basketball franchise. I bought a PS4 specifically for MLB The Show and now I am having buyers remorse big time.

I own the basketball game and I find it entertaining arcade fun. I wouldn't consider it a "leap forward" for the Show to replicate that. I guess it depends on what you look for in a video game.

# 194 MatrixTN @ 02/06/16 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
With specific countries being presented for each player this year, might we see the WBC next year?
Konami has the rights to the WBC so not very likely.

# 195 tessl @ 02/06/16 06:51 PM
I noticed in the video the grounds crew is still using Acme rakes. MLB has officially changed to brand X rakes this year due their superior balance and rakeability.

This is a game breaker for me if it isn't changed.

# 196 Denzel Washington @ 02/06/16 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixTN
Konami has the rights to the WBC so not very likely.
Cant they just make a ripoff WBC like fifa does with Champions League?

# 197 HealyMonster @ 02/06/16 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintloue28
Not trying to be a troll.... But isnt that THEIR opinions?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Telling people to sell their systems because they don't like the game isn't their opinions. They try to silence anyone with a negative view of the game with passive aggressive posts aimed at either getting them to shut up, or feel stupid for not liking the game.

# 198 Scott @ 02/06/16 08:06 PM
Okay. Everyone just take a step back. Way too much hostility going on.

# 199 tessl @ 02/06/16 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Okay. Everyone just take a step back. Way too much hostility going on.
I tried to lighten the mood with a joke about rakes. I guess I need to work on my humor.

# 200 Knight165 @ 02/06/16 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
Telling people to sell their systems because they don't like the game isn't their opinions. They try to silence anyone with a negative view of the game with passive aggressive posts aimed at either getting them to shut up, or feel stupid for not liking the game.
Get real.
What a crock.

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.