Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Sony San Diego is Twitch streaming MLB The Show 16 right now, as the team goes over the Showtime and Road to the Show modes.

Watch the stream here. For those of you that miss it, we will update this post with the archive.

UPDATE: The stream has completed, watch the archive here (it starts at roughly the 16:35 mark).

Some notes:
  • 20-80 scale confirmed in Franchise mode
  • You CAN turn the Showtime feature on/off
  • New running styles are normal, lumbering, speedster and athletic
  • Over 600 new animations added, 100's more a dive specific
  • While running bases, hold L1 for a zoomed in view, L2 for a medium view
  • Oakley, EvoShield, and All Star are the new equipment brands
  • New Balance not in this year, maybe next year
  • No tattoos or face scanning in RTTS
  • You can view team uniforms in player editor

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 LastActionHero @ 02/05/16 03:29 AM
The only thing I wanna know is why does Ramone has a Samsung tv?!

# 122 Smallville102001 @ 02/05/16 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
20-80 scale is in franchise whoot!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

What is this 20-80 thing?

# 123 jvalverde88 @ 02/05/16 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
What is this 20-80 thing?
Its a scale scouts use when scouting a player

# 124 Smallville102001 @ 02/05/16 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
Ramone teased PBR on Twitter.

Here's a comparison shot from 15.

Looks the same Just kidding just kidding wow what a differences! I hope the players also have that kind of upgrade.

# 125 Shakedowncapo @ 02/05/16 04:09 AM
Not to say the PBR doesn't look great but off-screen shots can mislead.

# 126 MrOldboy @ 02/05/16 04:19 AM
Finally catchers will stand up for high pitches. Near the top of my list was improved catcher set-up locations and animations. Now we just need pitch framing.

# 127 nemesis04 @ 02/05/16 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Finally catchers will stand up for high pitches. Near the top of my list was improved catcher set-up locations and animations. Now we just need pitch framing.
I knew you were going to be all over that. They should move from side to side too. Good stuff!

# 128 PsychoBulk @ 02/05/16 07:44 AM
Not greatly impressed with the stream, looked the same game as ever really with a few extras...that PBR shot however has got me intrigued.

Hoping the rest of the game has taken a step up graphically to match that, its time the game came into the next gen properly, too many PS3 type looking things for me up till now.

# 129 Impetuous65 @ 02/05/16 07:59 AM
I'm all in on showtime, and perks. I was glad to see it wasn't automatic(risk/reward) that was my only complaint when first hearing about showtime and perks. It doesn't look arcadey to me at all. Only thing that pisses me off about RTTS is they don't use the speake in the dualshock 4 for chatter while you're at bat or hearing heckling from the crowd. That is a level of immersion and presentation that would go a long way in presentation. It puts you on the field and the batters box. Hearing the ump up close and personal out of the speaker of the dualshock 4 would have been great. It's just a missed opportunity to up their game and they pass it by.

# 130 dalger21 @ 02/05/16 08:09 AM
It's cool that SCEA give you the option to turn off Showtime. It's not something I am interested in but appreciate that other people are. Also, not sure why people are instantly slamming the game when they mentioned several times that it is a work in progress.

# 131 thaSLAB @ 02/05/16 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
I'm all in on showtime, and perks. I was glad to see it wasn't automatic(risk/reward) that was my only complaint when first hearing about showtime and perks. It doesn't look arcadey to me at all. Only thing that pisses me off about RTTS is they don't use the speake in the dualshock 4 for chatter while you're at bat or hearing heckling from the crowd. That is a level of immersion and presentation that would go a long way in presentation. It puts you on the field and the batters box. Hearing the ump up close and personal out of the speaker of the dualshock 4 would have been great. It's just a missed opportunity to up their game and they pass it by.
Yeah that would be great! They could call it RTTS Yell or something like that... I wonder if it's not too late.

Sent from my HTC One [M8] Marshmallow 6.0 | Tapatalk

# 132 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/05/16 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Yeah that would be great! They could call it RTTS Yell or something like that... I wonder if it's not too late.

Oh, I see what you did there...

# 133 mlblover15 @ 02/05/16 09:04 AM
um no offense to the great team in SD, but with two months left this should be polish time shouldn't it? I mean we can all expect this game as with fifteen to me multiple patched once put out on March 29th.

when they mentioned that this was an extremely buggy build with two months to go i shook me head.. i was like really guys... come on.... Night games not even ready to be shown right now... wow... this worries me... how many patches will this game need once released to fix all the issues that will come with it...

hopefully by the time we get to the franchise news feeds most of the issues will be fixed and ready to go

# 134 adh5199 @ 02/05/16 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
um no offense to the great team in SD, but with two months left this should be polish time shouldn't it? I mean we can all expect this game as with fifteen to me multiple patched once put out on March 29th.

when they mentioned that this was an extremely buggy build with two months to go i shook me head.. i was like really guys... come on.... Night games not even ready to be shown right now... wow... this worries me... how many patches will this game need once released to fix all the issues that will come with it...

hopefully by the time we get to the franchise news feeds most of the issues will be fixed and ready to go
Incoming.......

By the way, just because you start your statement with "No offense but" doesn't mean what you are saying won't offend the team that works insane hours on this game. Try looking Ramone in the face and tell him they haven't busted their asses all year to make this the best game possible. I can guarantee you there isn't another studio in the industry that puts as much effort and passion into their jobs as these guys do.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

# 135 Sip_16 @ 02/05/16 09:25 AM
One thing I took away from the stream was the smoothness or flow to fielding this year. I wonder if the Human IK was on display as it just seemed to not be as herky jerky from moving to a good fielding position, picking up the grounder and into the throwing animation, just seemed to be much better transitions.

When they were on the edit player screen for Edwin Encarnacion mentioning the "franchise nugget" I wonder if it had to do with more stats or advanced stats, top left corner you could see they could toggle screens so maybe its wishful thinking or maybe I'm right. I hope I'm right lol

# 136 The Kid 24 @ 02/05/16 09:31 AM
I like the new equipment brand additions.

However I'm really hoping they expanded on the brands already in the game... Specifically Marucci and Mizuno, meaning they added Marucci batting gloves and Mizuno batting & fielding gloves.

Also... Really hoping we're able to notice the different between fielding glove sizes, the OF gloves should be bigger... In 15 all the gloves are the same size.

# 137 The Kid 24 @ 02/05/16 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
One thing I took away from the stream was the smoothness or flow to fielding this year. I wonder if the Human IK was on display as it just seemed to not be as herky jerky from moving to a good fielding position, picking up the grounder and into the throwing animation, just seemed to be much better transitions.

When they were on the edit player screen for Edwin Encarnacion mentioning the "franchise nugget" I wonder if it had to do with more stats or advanced stats, top left corner you could see they could toggle screens so maybe its wishful thinking or maybe I'm right. I hope I'm right lol
Also saw in that screen I saw they had Dominican Republic listed... Curious to know what that's about.

# 138 thaSLAB @ 02/05/16 09:36 AM
Quote:

That's not uncommon in game development. The most encouraging thing we didn't see was any crashes in the software. And everything was pretty stable.

What it should do is show great transparency that these guys are willing to share this in a development stage. The game changes hourly at this point, and many bugs are probably already fixed, but have not checked into the latest build. Look at it as a sort of pot luck, that everyone has to deliver their dish by some predetermined date.

# 139 ScouserHUN @ 02/05/16 09:41 AM
What I don't understand about the 20-80 scouting system is the following:

As we have seen in the game, players are still rated with the same 0-99 rating system. Why we need another scouting/rating system while the old one is still working especially when the old system determines your player's ability.

So, here we go, we get a 20-80 range scouting about our player, but I can still see the player's ratings.

What might be interesting is potential tho... When you view a player's ratings (0-99) you can tell how good is he NOW. But how do you know his potential, his ceiling? Yes there is a potential rating in there (0-99),which is translated into a letter: A-F.

Let's say you have a rookie who has 60 power and 60 plate discipline. Does an A potential mean that he is going to gain the same amount of point in both categories? Maybe he is going to have a high power rate in a few years, let's say 80, but will strike out a lot and stay with 60 plate discipline.

In real life prospects are not developing their skills equally so it would be nice to see players developing different aspects of their games and getting good scout reports of this with the new 20-80 system.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én SM-N910C-el

# 140 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/05/16 09:55 AM
Quote:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you are NOT a software developer, are you?

I'm a developer, not in the game industry but in financial/banking. I have to say I do some of my best work the week before a deadline. The most time consuming part about a development cycle, at least in my experience, is the prep work: defining scope and deliverables, design work (both functional and technical), etc. The coding itself, sure it can be time consuming, but getting all the base code done is the hardest part. Going back and tweaking, fixing bugs, optimizing, and re-testing can happen very quickly sometimes. You can spend X number of weeks just putting in the framework to match the design, and in those final weeks, all of the pieces can be fit together nicely.

Don't worry about the state of the game right now. 6 weeks in a dev cycle is still a lot of time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.