Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

PlayStation Underground has just posted a new MLB The Show 16 gameplay video. Make sure you check it out and post your thoughts.

Quote:
Ramone Russell from San Diego Studio stops by to show off MLB The Show 16 on PS4. The gorgeous next chapter of the iconic baseball series features a dizzying number of upgrades and enhancements. It's also great for new players, so join us as we explore this incredible celebration of America's favorite pastime.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 tnixen @ 02/24/16 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
So the King's Court appears to be scattered all around the stadium instead of being all in one section. Still really cool that it's in though, so I'm not complaining. Safeco looks great with the roof closed and the dirt looks much better than last year.
I was just about to say why Sony can not put all those yellow shirt wearing fans in one section like in real life. But then I saw some screenshots with yellow shirts all over the stadium.

So I guess Sony got it right although I think they could use a lot more yellow shirts in the crowd

# 22 ryanmc564 @ 02/24/16 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
WORK IN PROGRESS!!!!!!!

no need to shout, yes we are all aware its a work in progress..... broken record much.

# 23 Russell_SCEA @ 02/24/16 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I was just about to say why Sony can not put all those yellow shirt wearing fans in one section like in real life. But then I saw some screenshots with yellow shirts all over the stadium.

So I guess Sony got it right although I think they could use a lot more yellow shirts in the crowd
Where did you see or read that this was taken from final code?

# 24 Russell_SCEA @ 02/24/16 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
why was the batter, making a "go fair" gesture when he hit the ball to left center field?
That's a custom HR swing like many have pointed out.

# 25 tnixen @ 02/24/16 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Where did you see or read that this was taken from final code?
No where I am just pointing stuff out based on the video I see in front of me.

I know I know WIP lol

If I never pointed out about the base runner info covering up the runners on base even though that was from a WIP build it may have not been changed right?

Just trying to help

# 26 Stroehms @ 02/24/16 01:08 PM
Carlos Martinez's motion looks great! It's unfortunate that he was not available to have his face scanned in.

Question though! For those players not scanned in, do the Show's artists have the option to create them as close to their real life counterpart as they can? Not sure if it's a legal issue, but a lot of players not scanned in are not remotely close to looking like themselves.

In CMart's case, they have his facial hair correct but his face/skin tone is not accurate. (And I know, WIP)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 27 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/24/16 01:10 PM
Well look at that. Seattle, cloudy but not raining, people wearing jackets so it must be cool... and the roof is open. Imagine that!

# 28 My993C2 @ 02/24/16 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
People are wearing jackets so it must be cold.
There is no Global Warming in this game. It's the opposite. In the MLB The Show series it's been Global Cooling for as long as I have played the game with MLB 12. Heck it's likely been like this before I started. It could be the middle of July and all the fans will show up at the night games wearing jackets, mittens and tuques.

# 29 tnixen @ 02/24/16 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Well look at that. Seattle, cloudy but not raining, people wearing jackets so it must be cool... and the roof is open. Imagine that!

Indeed so I was wrong lol

# 30 breakfastcat @ 02/24/16 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
There is no Global Warming in this game. It's the opposite. In the MLB The Show series it's been Global Cooling for as long as I have played the game with MLB 12. Heck it's likely been like this before I started. It could be the middle of July and all the fans will show up at the night games wearing jackets, mittens and tuques.
Well, global warming IS supposed to bring in a new ice age, so SDS is just getting ahead of the curve.

# 31 RobbieMacc @ 02/24/16 01:54 PM
I cannot get over the jump in lighting from 2015 to 2016, very impressive stuff.

# 32 Syce @ 02/24/16 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy4747
I don't think that the Mariners 3rd jersey (in the 1st game) is the correct colour yet....no tattoo on King Felix's neck ?
they said they wont have tattoos because of what happened with 2k earlier. the issue is you have to get permission from the artists to allow it in the game and that would be a massive task. so you either just dont have them or have them and potentially get sued by the artists.

# 33 Armor and Sword @ 02/24/16 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieMacc
I cannot get over the jump in lighting from 2015 to 2016, very impressive stuff.

Agreed. And the jump from 14-15 was also stark.

It is seriously gorgeous on 16.

# 34 LastActionHero @ 02/24/16 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
they said they wont have tattoos because of what happened with 2k earlier. the issue is you have to get permission from the artists to allow it in the game and that would be a massive task. so you either just dont have them or have them and potentially get sued by the artists.

Some neck tattoos are in like Molina's because that neck area was part of the face scan. Still not buying the potential sue issue.
Did that really happen with 2k? Greedy tattoo artist then trying to get some extra money out of it. You put your work out in the open for everyone to see, I mean you gotta buy a ticket to see the Mona Lisa.

# 35 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/24/16 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Some neck tattoos are in like Molina's because that neck area was part of the face scan. Still not buying the potential sue issue.
Did that really happen with 2k? Greedy tattoo artist then trying to get some extra money out of it. You put your work out in the open for everyone to see, I mean you gotta buy a ticket to see the Mona Lisa.
A recent example, in this case specific to LBJ's tats.

# 36 sydrogerdavid @ 02/24/16 02:25 PM
I love the roof at Safeco.

I'm happy the other Cardinal fans are posting about Martinez's face so I don't have to. I'm sad to see that he doesn't have a scan yet. But, you know, he is one of those guys who usually has a huge thing of dip in his mouth. They talked about that in the stream yesterday.

One thing not mentioned, but should be easy to fix. Yadi should have a Rawlings catchers helmet, not All Star. He does have the correct chest protector and legs it seems.

# 37 bcruise @ 02/24/16 02:26 PM
Quote:
Yes, it did.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...o-artists.html

# 38 Knight165 @ 02/24/16 02:32 PM
Buying it yet?

M.K.
Knight165

# 39 LastActionHero @ 02/24/16 02:38 PM
Ok ok here's my money.
Man not baseball but sueing is your national favorite pastime

# 40 Knight165 @ 02/24/16 02:39 PM
Quote:
Ok ok here's my money.
Man not baseball but sueing is your national favorite pastime

Ha...you have no idea how right you are!!

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.