Home
Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf News Post

[center]

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf is available now on Steam for Windows, OSX and Linux with plans to release it soon for consoles and Android TV.

Quote:
Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf features an integrated online multiplayer with an in-game lobby for matchmaking. The game includes a fully integrated tournament function that allows external community sites to host their own tournaments in-game, using the publically available Application Program Interface. There is also an Integrated Control API, which can be used to connect external equipment to the game to provide a vast array of different simulation options.

The physics engine, built specifically for golf, implements true skid and roll bounce physics, as well as accurate green speed measurements. Inside the game, users can select different swing mechanics, including full controller support; various time-of-day and weather options, including real-time integrated weather; customize their players and golf clubs; and select from multiple difficulty options to play the courses they've designed. There are more than 20 modes of play, including the innovative hazard golf and a fully customizable Method of Play Creator, containing over 50 events that can be used to create custom game play modes.

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf also gives players a completely customizable experience, bringing forth the expertise that Jack Nicklaus and world-leading Nicklaus Design have gleaned from designing nearly 400 golf courses worldwide over parts of six decades. Now, users can become expert golf course designers and architects too. Nicklaus Design Course Forge, the in-game course designer, is the same platform used internally by Nicklaus Design for its global projects. Not only can players dabble in golf course design--they can completely customize the surrounding landscape, selecting from a large array of camera angles, tracers, and graphics quality settings. The courses are also fully geo-referenced for future integration of real-world data and accurate sun angles, based on location.

Perfect Golf has a global reputation in 3-D modeling and simulation for entertainment uses. Perfect Golf's graphics have set the benchmark and have been used during worldwide broadcasts of the most notable tournaments on the PGA TOUR to digitally depict golf course ball flights, playing conditions, and design elements on some of the best-known golf courses in the world including The Presidents Cup 2015 at Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea, and will soon be featured in the return of golf to the 2016 Olympics.

For those of you playing the pre-release, a new update has also arrived today. We've listed the fixes below.
  • Fixed: Can change Device type during game
  • Fixed: Green Grid on Green Only
  • Fixed: Bunch of issues in the Store
  • Fixed: Default settings on first run of game
  • Added Bethesda to Courses so people can now purchase
  • Fixed Two Balls on Tee
  • Fixed Could not navigate leaderboard with Controller
  • Various Chat fixes
  • Fixed Skins / Stroke Scramble Scoring
  • Added Ctrl T to Toggle Tee Move
  • Removed Tournament Rounds From Lobby

Game: Jack Nicklaus Perfect GolfReader Score: Vote Now
Platform: Mac / PCVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 161 OnlookerDelay @ 03/05/18 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
So much for soon - nearly a month has gone by since then
I know... the mood is pretty dismal in the Perfect Golf community right now. I'd have loved to have seen a DirectX 12, Turf Effects, mo-capped golfer version of this game hit the the PC, and possibly the XBox One market, but I think it's an afterthought now.

# 162 scagwi @ 03/06/18 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I know... the mood is pretty dismal in the Perfect Golf community right now. I'd have loved to have seen a DirectX 12, Turf Effects, mo-capped golfer version of this game hit the the PC, and possibly the XBox One market, but I think it's an afterthought now.

Do you mean Trackman Golf 5 for the Trackman Sim hardware?

# 163 OnlookerDelay @ 03/06/18 04:12 PM
Quote:
Do you mean Trackman Golf 5 for the Trackman Sim hardware?
Yes, that's a far more likely title now... I'm still going to hold a little hope for this and chalk the recent lack of communication up to buyout lockdown, but business logic favors your take on this.

# 164 scagwi @ 03/07/18 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Yes, that's a far more likely title now... I'm still going to hold a little hope for this and chalk the recent lack of communication up to buyout lockdown, but business logic favors your take on this.
I'm holding out hope as well as it's all we have. It would seem smart of them to say something before too much longer if they don't want to completely alienate the users they still have on PC.

# 165 scagwi @ 04/02/18 06:05 PM
The OP was May 3rd, 2016 and included "soon for consoles"

# 166 itsmb8 @ 04/02/18 08:07 PM
It looked promising but at this point, i have 0 expectation for this to get to consoles.

# 167 scagwi @ 04/02/18 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
It looked promising but at this point, i have 0 expectation for this to get to consoles.
Totally agree. Now that they are owned by the Trackman Golf Sim company, I'd imagine a console version is a 0% chance, as there's simply no reason that business would have any interest in it.

# 168 bluengold34_OS @ 07/17/18 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
So let me ask a dumb question. I assume with this being owned by Trackman, any future versions will be for Trackman systems only and there will be no additional PC version via Steam?

Not a dumb question at all - As far as I know the plan is still to release a PG2 on PC and possible console. What the timetable looks like, I’m not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

# 169 bluengold34_OS @ 07/18/18 02:45 PM
Quote:
This is good news. I would like to see some tweaks and adjustments. My 2c is:
  • More, varied avatars (or a way to create yourself a la TW 08)
  • Golfer's stance in certain lie situations seems opposite of what it should be.
  • Real-time swing is just way too sensitive, especially in short game.
  • Easier way to look around via free cam or presets cams (again, a la TW 08) and therefore possibly play without grid aid.
  • Ball flight more in tune with ball lie, i.e., ball lie affecting how ball's initial trajectory initiates.

Overall, it's a great game and enjoying it thoroughly!
After working for JNPG for almost 3 years, I can say they pretty much have a grasp on everything you said, and want to implement it. They have upgraded to the newest Unity engine, but with the Trackman merger(purchase)not sure what direction they are going now - I'm in the dark as much as the general consumer is -

# 170 ODogg @ 07/26/18 02:24 PM
How are the graphics for the Jack Nicklaus Perfect Gold on a really high end PC??

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 171 DivotMaker @ 07/26/18 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
How are the graphics for the Jack Nicklaus Perfect Gold on a really high end PC??

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Nothing to write home about....and I'm on an nVidia GTX 1080Ti.....

# 172 ODogg @ 07/26/18 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Nothing to write home about....and I'm on an nVidia GTX 1080Ti.....
Ok, well I'll just wait on the Golf Club 2019 then I guess. Thanks for answering.

# 173 OnlookerDelay @ 07/26/18 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Ok, well I'll just wait on the Golf Club 2019 then I guess. Thanks for answering.
I enjoyed Perfect Golf quite a bit until The Golf Club 2 came along. I prefer the graphics and definitely the mo-capped golfer animation of TGC 2 to JNPG. TGC 2019 has already shown me that it's going to offer superior gameplay and higher production and presentation value than TGC 2.

I'd love to see a Perfect Golf 2 make it to at least the PC market. I believe with PP's plans to use NVidia' Turf Effects, DirectX 12, and new lighting, it could really be something special. It just looks a bit dated to me now with its compatibility with DirectX 9 still holding it back.

# 174 OnlookerDelay @ 12/08/18 05:45 PM
Quote:
Anything on this? Did I once again latch onto the wrong sports game?
No word from Perfect Parallel in quite a while on this. The official forum has turned into a ghot town. I think their attention is on the Trackman version of the game. I've given up on seeing a console version of JNPG, or Perfect Golf 2, and I don't like the odds of there being a PC version of Perfect Golf 2.

# 175 scagwi @ 02/24/19 12:50 AM
It looks like perfect golf might be done?

Company website loads to a placeholder site now

Perfectparallel.com

# 176 dr1980 @ 02/24/19 09:02 AM
Yes I was thinking of picking it up since TGC 2019 kind of drives me crazy, but I’m a bit nervous to do so seeing that.

Interestingly this part of the website is still working: http://social.perfectparallel.com/

# 177 scagwi @ 02/24/19 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1980
Yes I was thinking of picking it up since TGC 2019 kind of drives me crazy, but I’m a bit nervous to do so seeing that.

Interestingly this part of the website is still working: http://social.perfectparallel.com/

It is back. They've been having hosting issues but not going anywhere, per Andrew over there.

http://www.perfectparallel.com/topic...llel-web-site/

# 178 fsufan4423 @ 02/26/19 12:50 AM
I love this game...Thought this was funny

Hmmm...video not showing

# 179 OnlookerDelay @ 02/26/19 08:40 AM
Quote:
It is back. They've been having hosting issues but not going anywhere, per Andrew over there.

http://www.perfectparallel.com/topic...llel-web-site/
"In a couple of months we'll be transferring over to a more reliable hosting platform" I wonder if this will be in conjunction with a need being driven by the release, or pending release of PG2? I don't see how they're generating much in the way of revenue with the current title on the PC to justify a change.

Not being plugged into the Trackman scene, I have no feel for what's happening there or how it could potentially affecting a PG 2 release. I've just lost 99% of any expectations I had for a PC release of PG 2.

# 180 OnlookerDelay @ 05/15/19 08:50 AM
Perfect Golf gets 3D rough! I just learned of this development in a course discussion thread. The 3D rough comes courtesy of DirectX 11 Grass Shader, recently added Unity asset. Looks pretty good and could resurrect this game quite a bit.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.