Home

EB/Gamestop Pre Orders For 2k8

This is a discussion on EB/Gamestop Pre Orders For 2k8 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2007, 10:15 AM   #25

OVR: 34
Re: EB/Gamestop Pre Orders For 2k8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I have to laugh at some of you preordering 4-5 copies of the game.... LOL I don't understand why at all, but whatever.

I won't preorder it, I hardly ever preorder any game, I have to be there with extra money from trade in's to drop down on games, but I've never had any issue finding a single game ever.
Well, for me it's more about celebrating the arrival of the game than it is hoping it'll be in stock. I'll probably put down some money on it as a way of showing my anticipation for the game.

I don't expect it to be hard to come by. It's just my little way of respecting the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2007, 10:22 AM   #26
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Well, for me it's more about celebrating the arrival of the game than it is hoping it'll be in stock. I'll probably put down some money on it as a way of showing my anticipation for the game.

I don't expect it to be hard to come by. It's just my little way of respecting the game.
That's fine, I know many preorder, and I do every now and then, but I don't get the preordering 5 copies of the game.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 02-13-2007, 10:25 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 14

Yeah but if you don't pre-order it you know it is gonna go down in Twilight Zone fashion, every store you turn to will have a big sold out sign in front of the display, and you will go into shock and pick up Madden 07 and be brainwashed by their super turtle graphics and hosed down gameplay. Don't let it happen man, don't.

On a more sane note, I assume just about everyone in here is loyal to 2k. Pre-orders tell a company alot about the anticipation of the game. If all of us pre-order it and get our friends to pre-order it, then that will show 2k that they made the right decision to bring back football. If EbGames and Gamestop say, whoa, we have like 200 pre-orders at this location already, they will probably order alot more copies than they would if there were 20 pre-orders. Just sayin.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:08 AM   #28
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayGod53
On a more sane note, I assume just about everyone in here is loyal to 2k. Pre-orders tell a company alot about the anticipation of the game. If all of us pre-order it and get our friends to pre-order it, then that will show 2k that they made the right decision to bring back football. If EbGames and Gamestop say, whoa, we have like 200 pre-orders at this location already, they will probably order alot more copies than they would if there were 20 pre-orders. Just sayin.
I have not preordered a game in a while but this is the very reason I am going to with this game. It may not make a difference but I want to show my great appreciation to 2K for giving me hope in video gaming football again, so I want to send a message to them. Hopefully everybody will do the same so they can see there is a demand for 2K to be back in the football arena.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:20 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
That's fine, I know many preorder, and I do every now and then, but I don't get the preordering 5 copies of the game.

Its just the fact that I will buy them to influence others just do you and reserve one
Old 02-15-2007, 08:27 AM   #30
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by minelevation
Its just the fact that I will buy them to influence others just do you and reserve one
?

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 02-15-2007, 10:45 AM   #31
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by minelevation

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2007, 10:57 AM   #32
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Pre-ordering more than one copy just to support 2K is nothing more than the definition of a fanboy imo. The very same thing many 2K fans blast Madden players with. Its your money but I don't understand the alliegance towards a company's bottom line.

As for pre-orders, I think its a good idea if you really want that game. The amount of games a store gets are influenced by the pre-orders on the game. If there are no pre-orders the store may only get a couple copies depending on where you live.

I think the $59.99 price tag is too high but that is the going price on next gen games. Its a good sign if they understand they really can't compete with Madden. The goal is to make money on this game which is every companies goal. Just take a Blitz like mentality and do your best without worrying about Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »