Home

What NFL2K game did you have the most fun with?

This is a discussion on What NFL2K game did you have the most fun with? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: The NFL2K game you had the most FUN with......
NFL2K 3 2.42%
NFL2K1 6 4.84%
NFL2K2 5 4.03%
Sega NFL2K3 2 1.61%
ESPN NFL Football 12 9.68%
ESPN NFL2K5 96 77.42%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2007, 04:51 PM   #41
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: What NFL2K game did you have the most fun with?

you're both right,lol. 2k's engine has always been built to better handle gang tackling but it wasn't in the game. madden's engine isn't built well to handle gang tackling which is why it took longer for them to even try it and it still doesn't look/feel right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2007, 06:28 PM   #42
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

It really bothers me that madden never had true gang tackling, but I do feel that maddens one on one tackles were better than 2k's IMO. Madden did have a canned animation were two defenders would tackle the ball carrier at once but they took that out in 07 on the PS2, it wasnt great but it was better than nothing.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:34 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
It really bothers me that madden never had true gang tackling, but I do feel that maddens one on one tackles were better than 2k's IMO. Madden did have a canned animation were two defenders would tackle the ball carrier at once but they took that out in 07 on the PS2, it wasnt great but it was better than nothing.
the only tackles in 2k5 that bother me are the ones where the defender hits the ball carrier with no atempt to wrap him up. not because he doesnt wrap up, but they arent implemented realisticly. there are a few non-wrap tackles that come off well, but most of them dont. and take away from all the others that are so well done.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:00 PM   #44
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

This was an EASY one! 2K5! There has never been a sports game, let alone a football game, that had everything that this game had on the field. My goodness... it remains the single most important model that all sports game must try to emulate. And so far, no sports game has even come close. All of the previous versions were great. But NFL2K5 was and is phenomenal!!
Bubba4
Old 04-25-2007, 11:13 PM   #45
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

I liked the NFL2K5 best, however I played 2K4 a whole lot more. Or maybe it seems that way but 2K4 was my conversion from Madden so it will probably always be #1 for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2007, 03:21 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron
I understand this too, but what I'm saying is that the manner in which 2k has always handled tackling animations has been the reason that it feels more realistic than madden. By definition, Madden has had gang tackling too if you count 2 player tackle animations, but that doesn't mean it's superior to pre-2k4 tackling, based on the method chaining of animations like I talked about.
I never said that the tackling in Madden was more realistic. Quite honestly, I hate Madden but I would add a lot of stuff from it management wise like franchise tags, rfa's, holdouts, etc. Gameplay wise, the alternative to Madden has always had superior gameplay - from Montana on Genesis to Tecmo on SNES to GameDay on PSone to 2k on DC to 2k on PS2/Xbox. The original 2K on DC had better tackling then Madden does now.

I was mainly comparing the tackling in 2k3 to 2k5. That's all.

And come to think of it, I actually would add three things from Madden gameplay wise - knocking over the pylons in the endzone, tip-toeing down the sideline and knocking over people on the sideline when going out of bounds. That was funny as hell.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:22 AM   #47
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I never said that the tackling in Madden was more realistic. Quite honestly, I hate Madden but I would add a lot of stuff from it management wise like franchise tags, rfa's, holdouts, etc. Gameplay wise, the alternative to Madden has always had superior gameplay - from Montana on Genesis to Tecmo on SNES to GameDay on PSone to 2k on DC to 2k on PS2/Xbox. The original 2K on DC had better tackling then Madden does now.

I was mainly comparing the tackling in 2k3 to 2k5. That's all.
Yep, and I was just expounding more on what my own point was, not trying to debate with you. People can say "gang tackling" and it may mean different things to different people.

I guess what 2k had back then was more like "chain tackling", whereas madden still doesn't have that although some of the last console versions had "gang tackling", technically speaking.

Last edited by Deltron; 04-26-2007 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:28 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

Espn2K5.......the halftime and post game show and the VIP system was way ahead of its time last gen, even now there hasn't been anything like it since then in a football videogame.

I'm very excited to play APF2K8, i'm sure everything will be taken to the next level (gameplay, presentation, commentary, graphics).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »