Home

Some more info about the game

This is a discussion on Some more info about the game within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2007, 11:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Some more info about the game

I don't know if the intern is going to come though on the cell phone pics. He's off today and didnt answer my last 2 emails. I think he may be afraid because of the NDA. I told him that it wouldnt come back to him since i'd be the one posting but he is still nervous so...

I'll keep working on him.

We talked 2 days ago when I went over to the park for an unrelated meeting. I told him that I hadnt done a very good job with my preview and asked him (again) to send me his thoughts so I could post them here. Well, he still hasnt done this either BUT we did talk about somethings that I thought i'd pass along since the 1up preview seemed kind of weak.

PLEASE don't get all mad at me or say negative things here. No reason for that. I'm just trying to give you guys some more info and if it isnt what you want to hear or are expecting then i'm sorry. It is a lot of fun to discuss this game but it really sucks when it turns ugly. It is just a game (that I think is going to change ALL sports games from here on. NOT just football) and this forum should be a place to discuss the anticipation of it rather than griping about it. This info isnt much but I hope you still like it.

One of the things I didnt mention before was that the game seemed to have a MUCH better color palette than any other game i've seen before. I work with color for a living and I have always hated the way video games looked. WAY too saturated. Too vivid and contrasty for my taste. I know that a lot of these things can be corrected with adjustments but adjustments always seem to carry everything together making it difficult to get a realistic color scheme from a game. This game though really seemed to have muted colors that looked VERY realistic.

There was also trash blowing across the field that looked really cool. Sounds dumb but to me it really added to the realism. And they FINALLY got the depth of field down. I also am a photographer and the way that games have portrayed DOF has always been unrealistic. Too shallow. This game did it right. Yet another thing that adds to the overall experience. They used the shaky cam every now and then to add to the realism but I thought it was a little over done. Not too bad though and not often enough to get on your nervs.

The intern said that a ref broke up a fight and that Dan & Patrick mention how the ref better watch out because the players could crush him LOL! I didnt see anything like this but it really sounds cool. He also said that a player threw the ball into the crowd after a touchdown.

I thing I didnt mention was that on the one REALLY cool looking injury the one of the refs came over to the player and put his hand on his shoulder and leaned into him. As if to ask if he was alright. VERY nice little touch IMO. There was a lot of small little things that we have never seen in a game before. Players pulling dirt out of their cleats. Straightening their helmets. Putting in their mouth pieces.

If/when I get some pics i'll be sending a link to you guys. But PLEASE don't hassle me about it. I swear i'm trying my best to talk this guy into it but if he doesnt want to give them to me then theres nothing I can do. I dont really know this guy that well (he is a really nice guy) so it is very awkward for me to "beg" him if you know what I mean. I pointed him to this forum and hope he will see just how STARVED we all are for these pics and perhaps that will help us get them from him : )

I know the info here isnt much but it is still something. Better than 1UP IMO. I'm telling you guys that there really is something special about this game that I just can't put my finger on. The little things that I mentioned above really add to the overall realism of the experince that you just have to see to understand. Even though something as small as trash blowing across the field REALLY puts you there. And getting the DOF right also is a big step forward IMO.

Lat thing, it is the animations that are truly great. The transitions are astounding. Very few times did I see any "jerking" or weird swivels, pivots, etc.

I'll keep you all posted as to the intern situation. If the mods feel a need to close this down ( no sweat of my back because I understand how things can get her) then i'll let a mod know where I put the pics and let him decide if its cool to post. Sorry I don't have more and I won't be here this weekend to answer anything. Going down to Austin for a shoot which I am REALLY dreading. I'm an okay photographer but this particular job calls for someone with more experience and i'm worried i'm really going to screw it up LOL!
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves...but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2007, 11:18 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Some more info about the game

Thx my man.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:22 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdman
PLEASE don't get all mad at me or say negative things here. No reason for that. I'm just trying to give you guys some more info and if it isnt what you want to hear or are expecting then i'm sorry.
It's the people who got on your case last week that need to be apologizing, LOL. Thanks for any and all info
Old 05-04-2007, 11:27 AM   #4
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

I confirmed through private message to ofdman that tapping to sprint is back in AFL2K8... didn't see anywhere he had posted this publicly.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:08 PM   #5
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Game sounds as ILL as I thought it would. Details like tha trash blowing across the field and players putting in mouth pieces sound crazy. Id be suprised if I see them in the final game. Good lookin out for us here on OS.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2007, 12:15 PM   #6
Banned

Blackvivaldi's Arena

OVR: 1

I have receivd two warnings from admins relative to this whole 'i played the game threads' so am going to lay of now...If I dont see any "trash" blowing on the field I shall be sure to bring it up....

I dont think I have ever seen trash/leaves blowing in an NFL stadium before but ok...
Old 05-04-2007, 12:19 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackvivaldi
If I dont see any "trash" blowing on the field I shall be sure to bring it up....
And gosh golly, we'll sure be looking forward to THAT.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:23 PM   #8
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

I have seen trash blowing on the field a lot when it is a windy day. It would be cool to see in a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »