Home

Considering the customization...is anyone going to recreate the NFL???

This is a discussion on Considering the customization...is anyone going to recreate the NFL??? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2007, 01:37 AM   #25
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Considering the customization...is anyone going to recreate the NFL???

The press release didn't verify the ability to change existing player names, and given 2Ks CAP history, I'd really be surprised if you could create more than 20 or so. The number of teams could also be an issue as mentioned, so I seriously doubt all the feature will be in place to re-create the league. I suspect that something or another will prevent it.

That siad, if it's possible, I will do it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2007, 07:20 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 21

I think the definitive statement should be, if you want to use the NFL you have to get Madden. You will NOT be able to recreate the NFL in APF2K8. You will not be able to get 30 teams in, and you will not have the ability to add the amount of players that you would need. You will not be able to create stadiums and you will not be able to recreate NFL uniforms and add NFL team names.

The editing options are going to be robust for the game, but they are not going to be open and robust enough to recreate the NFL. You will be able to "add on" to the game, per se, but only in an APF2K8 context. You won't be able to recreate the NFL, nor do they want you to. Period.

C
Old 06-08-2007, 07:56 AM   #27
All Star

OVR: 21

I seriously doubt the game will allow you to edit all the teams. On the feature list it says edit your team. I'd like for it to allow all teams edits and possibly allow you to share teams via Live - but doubt it's going to happen; seems like a lot to get to work right on the game's 1st iteration.

Even if it did, I wouldn't try to recreate the NFL. I think people would get so wrapped up in their own creations that I don't think they'd go to the effort of remaking the NFL (some here would of course - but don't think there will be enough teams or enough player creation slots). Many of those uniform designs from the PFL/Blue Lightning experiment were really well done - especially some of those helmet designs. I think the game would have an added level of appeal if it allowed for a high level of customization to the uniforms and allowed you to share your creations with others. Hope it happens, but don't think it will this year

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 06-08-2007, 09:11 AM   #28
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

If I buy this (want to read some impressions, first) I'll just play it for what it is. Since there's no franchise mode, I don't see much point in trying to turn it into an NFL game.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 06-08-2007, 09:42 AM   #29
Pro

Hootiefish's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf8363
what are they gonna do??? find you and check ur hard drive for NFL players?? I mean, their are other people named thomas jones in this world, so how will they stop you from making them. one more thing, why would they put "full custamization" in the game if they didnt think people would try to recreate the NFL???
I was referencing a poster's comment on recreating the real NFL logos and uniforms. I can almost guarantee you that there won't be a Steeler logo, etc. in the game.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:51 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootiefish
I was referencing a poster's comment on recreating the real NFL logos and uniforms. I can almost guarantee you that there won't be a Steeler logo, etc. in the game.

Well it definitely won't be there in the provided choices. I have a feeling that the logo editor is going to be limited to changing the color schemes of already provided logos. I'm not expecting anything that allows you to actually create your own.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:54 AM   #31
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
As much as I will try to do is change the players names to the real NFL players with those positions....

I can care less about editing team logos and stuff, as long as the players are on the right teams of that state.......

can't say much right now, will have to see what the limitations are first....
exactly, this is what is most important to me. as long as the names say "Brady" or "Moss", im happy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2007, 10:56 AM   #32
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Not me. I like the idea of fictional players. I'm trying to like the idea of legends mixed in... seems like it'll be wierd.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »