Home

euphoria engine or not??

This is a discussion on euphoria engine or not?? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2007, 04:06 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: euphoria engine or not??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I think some clarification is needed here. Euphoria is not going to make the game look different. The only thing it would do is make the game move/animate differently. Any type of physics engine they add that's all it is going to do. So the game can look like 2k5 but still have a physics engine. It's just not going to be Euphoria not this year anyways.
Right. So like I was saying, everything looked like 2K5 (except for the skinny arms and some skinny builds) with a few new animations. I'm sure there will be more, and hopefully much more than what 2K5 gave us.

I'm not really super impressed by the whole Euphoria things as some are. It's good, but it's not the end all be all Holy Grail animation system.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:42 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

http://www.ripten.com/?p=174

Unless it was secret to the nth degree and sources just didn't want to say. But I think it's far fetched. Let me get to the workout.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:41 PM   #11

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
http://www.ripten.com/?p=174

Unless it was secret to the nth degree and sources just didn't want to say. But I think it's far fetched. Let me get to the workout.
I liked that article. I posted a reply to it and mentioned that the one scene they claim would not happen is in a cutscene. They are in the huddle, before a play.

Could it be that Euphoria is reserved for actual gameplay instead of cutscenes?

It's still up in the air, but again, if you see that one block where the guy falls to his knees and keeps blocking, they are either using it or have something of their own that resembles it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2007, 06:55 PM   #12

OVR: 34

I have mentioned this part of the video a few times, but I'd like you guys to look at it. Start it a 38 seconds, right before Payton's run. The emphasis is not on Payton, but on a blocker (#81) upfield. He is pushing the defender away from Payton, and while he does, he falls to his knees.

Now, what happens next is pretty wild. Another defender (#20) gets tangled up with the guy #81 is blocking. He falls to his feet, gets back up and continues pursuit. All the while, the original blocker (#81), after falling to his knees, continues to block and EVEN SHIFTS HIS BODY to continue the block.

It's tough to see, but if you can slow down the video, you'll catch it.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:00 PM   #13
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
I liked that article. I posted a reply to it and mentioned that the one scene they claim would not happen is in a cutscene. They are in the huddle, before a play.

Could it be that Euphoria is reserved for actual gameplay instead of cutscenes?

It's still up in the air, but again, if you see that one block where the guy falls to his knees and keeps blocking, they are either using it or have something of their own that resembles it.
Ok, there's some stuff goin' on that's VERY similar to the Euphoria engine folks.
for instance...the Elway run...watch as he runs the ball to the EZ. as he's hit...there's location hits low that takes him off his feet, & a hit from the side that spins him as he crosses the E zone...this i believe is how the Euphoria engine works...no?
Old 06-10-2007, 07:06 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 4

dqbell i seen what your talking about and it was done really well LB has a pic of it ask him to post it here it the the trailer impressions thread...
Old 06-10-2007, 07:50 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 32

This is amazing. We are actually talking about game engines versus "new features". When John U stumble back I thought it was because of the rain but now I believe the stumble is because he backed up into his running back. VC is either pushing their existing engine to the max or VC added something to the soup.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2007, 08:01 PM   #16
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

The more I think about it, the more I can see them using Euphoria in conjunction with their current engine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »