Home

100 Attributes Thread

This is a discussion on 100 Attributes Thread within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2007, 06:18 PM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: 100 Attributes Thread

Since the game doesn't have a 0-100 scale, my vision of the attributes are more like traits that define how the player plays. For example, some traits may be: a particular QB may be more apt to throw on the move, a particular RB is exceptionally shifty and more apt to use jukes and spins, a particular safety is prone to bite to playaction fakes, a particular wide receiver has poor footwork around the sidelines and struggles to keep both feet in-bounds, a particular kicker is not good on kicks in pressure situations; things like that that are explicitly defined.

Assuming the attributes work in this manner, these types of things would definitely affect the way one builds a team; do you take the receiver who is a burner but doesn't have precise route running, or the slow plodder who you will always know where he'll be? Do you take the cover safety who can't tackle or the enforcer safety who is a coverage liability?

Note that this is only my assumption of how the system will work.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:40 PM   #10
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

I agree with the above post, but i also see the posibility of their being hidden ratings. lets just say an attribute like tackling, or balance, or pass acuracy or whatever. I feel it could be broken down into words corresponding to hidden numbers. 95-100 = flawless 90-95 exceptional. 85-90 great. 80-85 good. 75-80 average. something of that nature.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:56 PM   #11
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

I hope they let you throw the ball with Walter Payton. . .they should though, given 2Ks attention to detail. . .a lot of people forgot that Sweetness was a good passer.

Maybe they'll have 'Passing HB' as an attribute. . .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2007, 12:51 AM   #12
Banned

kutte's Arena

OVR: 1

i might be wrong but didnt the guy say you can give created player the attributes. an di wonder if you can how many can each player have. will there be a balance system to where you give your guy the best recieving attribute but the cpu gives hime one bad attribute like bad route runner or slow speed
Old 06-13-2007, 01:50 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
I agree with the above post, but i also see the posibility of their being hidden ratings. lets just say an attribute like tackling, or balance, or pass acuracy or whatever. I feel it could be broken down into words corresponding to hidden numbers. 95-100 = flawless 90-95 exceptional. 85-90 great. 80-85 good. 75-80 average. something of that nature.
I would agree with this... if you've ever studied game engine design, there needs to be some data that determines whether or not an event is successful in a program, in this case, let's say a ball is caught or dropped. In a Madden or an NFL 2K game, several numerical values influence the success of this event - QB Throwing Accuracy and WR Catching, namely. Maybe throw in a random value too, so its not like the great WR's *always* catch passes from the great QB's. Now, All-Pro Football claims that there are no numeric rating values, but this can't be possible - how else is the CPU going to determine the success of failure of events like catching a pass, breaking a tackle, etc.? There HAS to be some numeric system involved, no?
Old 06-13-2007, 06:31 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Also, doesn't each attribute have 3 levels?
Old 06-13-2007, 11:35 AM   #15
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantencza
I would agree with this... if you've ever studied game engine design, there needs to be some data that determines whether or not an event is successful in a program, in this case, let's say a ball is caught or dropped. In a Madden or an NFL 2K game, several numerical values influence the success of this event - QB Throwing Accuracy and WR Catching, namely. Maybe throw in a random value too, so its not like the great WR's *always* catch passes from the great QB's. Now, All-Pro Football claims that there are no numeric rating values, but this can't be possible - how else is the CPU going to determine the success of failure of events like catching a pass, breaking a tackle, etc.? There HAS to be some numeric system involved, no?
They could use standard deviations, which is random, but with a certain amount of error depending on the s.d.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »