Home

All-Pro delayed? Would you be open to it??

This is a discussion on All-Pro delayed? Would you be open to it?? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Should All-Pro be delayed? Would you be open to it??

With the new information (pics, trailer, some podcast) and many being underwhelmed. Do you think it would be a good idea to delay the game to make it more next-gen (don't really like that word)?? Now i never played the game so for all i know its a great game already. I have no issues with the game it seems like it will be good and im cool with the graphics. This time could be used to amp up the graphics (which will satisfy many of complaints, giving it the more next-gen lol feel) and maybe increase gameplay aspects. I wouldn't be upset about a delay because All-pro doesn't have a real professional season to follow such as others which are confined to this time of year to coincide with their true life counter parts. I do agree with other thoughts though that it has been 3 years (developement time 1 to 2 years) since 2k5 and people want to be blown away the first time they play the game (in july some might be) and this delay could be used to actually add that WOW effect.

Just wanted some thoughts on this idea. thanks

Last edited by smash22; 06-12-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #2
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: All-Pro delayed? Would you be open to it??

I dont understand why everyone is so underwhelmed. I think it looks pretty good. Also if you remember back to old 2k football games the trailers and pics never did it justice. just look at the pic on the dreamcast console box of nfl2k then play nfl2k. I think it looks just fine.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:00 PM   #3
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

I think they should take as much time as they need. . . I've been waiting 3 years what 3 more months or another year even. . . .either way I not playing (madden) a wack game. . .EA won't be getting my dollars. . . .
Old 06-12-2007, 06:01 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

Delay it if that means improving it up to the standard that they intended. I don't believe in the Next Year's Champions theories; either bring it this year, or don't come out until next year.

Don't delay it if it means just minor upgrades that could've been done anytime during the development cycle.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:02 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I dont understand why everyone is so underwhelmed. I think it looks pretty good. Also if you remember back to old 2k football games the trailers and pics never did it justice. just look at the pic on the dreamcast console box of nfl2k then play nfl2k. I think it looks just fine.
i don't understand it either i think the game looks fine. I always refer back to Nba 2k7 its the same engine from current-gen and people said it didn't look very great but when you put it on a HD screen and play it its great. The best basket ball sim i've ever played. Everyone said the other game looked better but we all know what happen there

Last edited by smash22; 06-12-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2007, 06:04 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
Delay it if that means improving it up to the standard that they intended. I don't believe in the Next Year's Champions theories; either bring it this year, or don't come out until next year.

Don't delay it if it means just minor upgrades that could've been done anytime during the development cycle.
yeah i agree if its not really ready don't release it until it is. It maybe ready who knows.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:17 PM   #7
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I think a delay now would hurt this game. Its just starting to build its hype and get people's mouths watering, delaying it now would not only kill everyone who is anticipating the game's buzz, but almost might take it off peoples radar.

I think some people just built too much up in there mind what they thought this game would be, and now that it hasn't reached that particular point, its a disappointment. I think all this will change once people get their hands on the game. If not I guess this game was never for you to begin with, unless is actually has terrible bugs and controls.

Honestly I think the worse thing that can happen to this game is if it was like a great album with too few tracks. You'll be like damn this is good, but what if there only was more. I think people should just take it for what it is and enjoy the fact we have 3 solid looking football titles this year. I cant wait.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-12-2007, 06:22 PM   #8
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

I just don't understand this delay thing. Why delay it, because some think that it's not graphically good enough?(Even though now one knows if these are the final graphics or not). On the trailer, the moves on it looked better and more realistic than anything we were shown from EA on Madden and Ncaa last year. Let's wait for Aaron to play the game on Friday to get a better idea as to what is what.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »