Home

Ap2k8 Hands-on preview from Vetzballin!!!

This is a discussion on Ap2k8 Hands-on preview from Vetzballin!!! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2007, 05:15 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Ap2k8 Hands-on preview from Vetzballin!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I dunno...I feel like this is 2k5.5 after reading this manily because he said if you played 2k5 then you should be familair with the game.Thats not good. Hopefully gameplay videos will change my mind.
To me thats a good thing in sports games, if you're familiar with the franchise, it becomes easier and easier to control and or memorize. To me thats not a hinderance, its a matter of ergonomics and if it ain't broke don't fix it, this is football, nothing about this game has changed in the last three years except for the champions and a few rules here and there. Its not a case of it being 2k5.5 its exactly as it should be 2K5 with additional things added on top of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2007, 05:17 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 16

Why is everyone getting on me?

When people found out Madden 360 felt like current Gen they were mad. But when the same is said about AP2k8 its all good.

Its just my opinion...lol

On the real.I just hope the stick up the *** running and tapping X is GONE because if its still there im not copping it. Im not playing NES playaction football on my ps3.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:18 PM   #27
Rookie

3nDAmornin's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
I don't know man..if I know where your blitz is coming from I think I will be able to put a man in the space you vacated for a quick dump off pass and get nice gains out of it.

Also, if you are in a zone and I can see that zone laid out, I will be able to audible and call post plays and seams that exploit it.
Then when I see you audible I would just audbile to another Defense. It still is a chess match. You do have a play clock to worry about.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:19 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:

When people found out Madden 360 felt like current Gen they were mad. But when the same is said about AP2k8 its all good.

DJ, what the author is speaking on is familiarity with controls, thats the context I get out of it, Madden handles as it should like madden their is nothing wrong with that it should be that way.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:20 PM   #29
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

That's because current gen Madden wasn't considered the best football sim by many people here.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:21 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I dunno...I feel like this is 2k5.5 after reading this manily because he said if you played 2k5 then you should be familair with the game.Thats not good. Hopefully gameplay videos will change my mind.
That's exactly what it is. 2k5.5 As soon as people realize that, expectations will become more realistic. Seems like people are expecting to smell turf and grass when they turn this game on. Seems like only weeks ago we were just wishing we could play any kind of 2K football on the new consoles.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:24 PM   #31
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

On the real.I just hope the stick up the *** running and tapping X is GONE because if its still there im not copping it. Im not playing NES playaction football on my ps3.

Ok..well you may as well dip out of this forum and move on because Tapping X is still there, and I (among others) prefer that. I dont like holding down a button for turbo..I think THAT's lame. So you will not like 2k8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2007, 05:24 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifelife
That's exactly what it is. 2k5.5 As soon as people realize that, expectations will become more realistic. Seems like people are expecting to smell turf and grass when they turn this game on. Seems like only weeks ago we were just wishing we could play any kind of 2K football on the new consoles.
Please man.,..people on here are so damn fake its not even funny.

Im sorry to bring madden into this but if madden did the same thing they would be crucified to the heavens...lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »