Home

Will you be buying this game to support the future of 2K football?

This is a discussion on Will you be buying this game to support the future of 2K football? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2007, 04:24 AM   #41
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Will you be buying this game to support the future of 2K football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Kenny
Sell coke cans and your old gen games and you can have both.
This is the most awesome response to a money complaint ever. Sell Coke cans...Hilarious! Like on that Seinfeld episode. Kramer said he didn't know you could get money for the cans and Jerry is like, "The bums aren't collecting them to clean up the planet. They're not just into recycling" or something like that.

To the question

Quote:
Will you be buying this game to support the future of 2K football?
my answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I will be buying it because it is the best football game on the market, because it will actually be playable, unlike Madden, which has not been playable for the last 3 years, and because it will have online leagues.

www.2kfootballstrategy.com

Last edited by tpaterniti; 06-17-2007 at 04:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2007, 04:28 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 31

I will buy because I read they have custom playbooks and a create a play feature. Plus I like the idea of fictional teams.

I am not buying in the hope that 2k regains the NFL license. Actually I would prefer they not get the NFL license and make this a niche game for real fans of the game of football from 1940 to current strategies.

Last edited by J.R. Locke; 06-17-2007 at 04:37 AM.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:33 PM   #43
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcain
Actually I would prefer they not get the NFL license and make this a niche game for real fans of the game of football from 1940 to current strategies.
If 2K doesn't get a share of the NFL license, you will not see any more versions of the game.

www.2kfootballstrategy.com
Old 06-17-2007, 05:51 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 22

This game will be great , so I will buy it. 2k football has never dissapointed.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:55 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm buying this game because 2k sports puts what we see in an actual football game on tv into their football video games, their gameplay and presentation is top notch.....2k5 set the bar on how a football game is suposed to be made, i have no doubt that APF2K8' will set the bar even higher for a next gen football game.

(i've already paid and pre-ordered my copy from gamestop)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2007, 10:13 PM   #46
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Great job of taking my comment and cutting out the part where I explained my reasoning for purchasing Madden...you should work for the National Enquire. The way you say it, I'm going to buy Madden with money out of my pocket based on what I have heard about it already.
Cool. My bad, I did read about the gift card but didn't realize it was the ONLY game you could get.

Quote:
Why is franchise important to me? ... Crap, I don't have to explain why I like franchise mode ... I just do.
You're right, you don't have to explain. Nobody has to explain why they like franchise or anything else about a game. I understand why it being left out is disappointing.

Quote:
If the gameplay is just absolutely "Amazing" and "Revolutionary" then who knows maybe I'll go out any buy it, but all early reviews show that it is good and solid, but not amazing....which isn't enough for me....my preference.
That's pretty much what I'm saying. If the gameplay is raved about and/or you rent the game and love the gameplay, then buy it. The thing is if you pay attention to the reviews about the gameplay it has all been amazing. There hasn't been one bad thing about it, unless you count the graphics seen in the trailer (I count graphics, animations and AI in gameplay). You're looking at the lack of franchise and lowering the overall grade, but it doesn't lower the grade of what WILL be in the game, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaterniti
If 2K doesn't get a share of the NFL license, you will not see any more versions of the game.
unless it ends up being a hit and sells about what they expect or more. does this not seem possible or something? there are A LOT of people who are really into franchise but there are also A LOT of people who aren't.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:14 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

No, I won't buy All-Pro Football 2K8 to support the future of 2K football; here's why...

All-Pro Football 2K8 is an online player's game, not a single player's game. It's half a game at whole next-gen price, with little replay value for the single player. It's pure rental material and will prove to be a bust. It's pathetic that Greg Thomas and company don't know better.

Last edited by VIP_EJC; 06-20-2007 at 08:28 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:19 AM   #48
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't buy games to support anyone. If it's truely a great football game, I'll buy it.

In my opinion, buying a game to support a company when you have no stock invested in that company is foolish, yet exactly the kind of brand loyalty every company craves. Even EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »