Home

Due to the videogame football players love of the mobile QB...

This is a discussion on Due to the videogame football players love of the mobile QB... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2007, 01:46 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Due to the videogame football players love of the mobile QB...

Well, if Cunningham attempts to run my defense (Singletary, Lambert) he will be slicedham.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2007, 01:51 PM   #26
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
That's all you had to say.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:54 PM   #27
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
I know there's 3 types, I'm just saying that unless the other player loads his line with legends, there won't really be any such thing as a bad OLine.
Yeah, are all generic lines with the same "type" going to be exactly the same? If I have no legends on my line and you have none on yours and we both select "Balanced" are we going to have the exact same line? Is it possible there could be some differences among players on that line, but still conform to the "Balanced" line? (My Center is better than your's, but your RT is better than mine?)
Old 06-21-2007, 02:03 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
... I feel that there will be a lot of guys who go toward young or cunningham for their qb online. It's just a thought I had. I just know that in madden and espn 2k5 I played so many games vs the Atlanta Vicks, or my own hometown eagles, because of the feel for the need of a mobile QB. Anyone else feel this trend will move on to allpro 2k8, especially since cunningham may only be a bronze qb.
They love a mobile QB because it exploitable in Madden. Vick is good in the NFL but he didn't go to the Super Bowl. He's not on the best team in the NFL. The reason that mobile QBs do well in other games is because the game is not balanced correctly.

Second, staying in the pocket and passing is next to impossible because of blocking schemes but also the poor routes WRs run coupled with the way the LBs and OL play. There's not enough space and players that should be out of the play get back.

It's cheese because of a poor game engine. Maybe APF will be different.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:07 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
They love a mobile QB because it exploitable in Madden. Vick is good in the NFL but he didn't go to the Super Bowl. He's not on the best team in the NFL. The reason that mobile QBs do well in other games is because the game is not balanced correctly.

Second, staying in the pocket and passing is next to impossible because of blocking schemes but also the poor routes WRs run coupled with the way the LBs and OL play. There's not enough space and players that should be out of the play get back.

It's cheese because of a poor game engine. Maybe APF will be different.

Yeah, QB scrambling was balanced pretty well in the 2K series up until 2K5 made any defenders in coverage fail to notice running QBs until they were 5 yards downfield. They could be used effectively if you scrambled at the right time, but they were never able to completely take over a game like they could in Madden or 2K5. Plus, 2K's passing engine has always destroyed Madden's.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:15 PM   #30
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod

Also for the fact that when you run, you can focus on the line to find out where the defense pressure is coming from and run away from it. This is hard to do when your looking down field for receiver options. Your eyes are down field and you can't ( at least I can't) feel whether or not I'm abou to get sacked. I can't count the number of times I see an open receiver, go to throw the pass only to find my QB in the grasp of the defense.

Now I know a real QB has to do this, but most of their trouble comes from the blind side as they are looking over the line to the receivers so they know when a defender breaks free and has a clear shot at them. The blind side is a different story as they have know away of knowing (unless they hear an OL call out or they can just "feel" it).

I wonder if they could some day program the vibration in to the controller to the pressure your QB is under. Each QB could have an awareness rating that would affect the consistency of it. Maybe within 5 yards, you felt a slight vibration and within a yard or two, it was much more sever to let you know it was time to get rid of the damn ball. This would help emulate a QB in the pocket "feeling" the pressure.

Better ratings would give players more range (even slightly to their blind spot) where as a lower rating would make your QB more prone to sacks as he would be more unaware of the pressure.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:17 PM   #31
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

It's fun to run toward the line, make the DB or LB break his coverage to come after you and then dump it off to the now open receiver. Good Times!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2007, 02:19 PM   #32
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11

I wonder if they could some day program the vibration in to the controller to the pressure your QB is under. Each QB could have an awareness rating that would affect the consistency of it. Maybe within 5 yards, you felt a slight vibration and within a yard or two, it was much more sever to let you know it was time to get rid of the damn ball. This would help emulate a QB in the pocket "feeling" the pressure.

Better ratings would give players more range (even slightly to their blind spot) where as a lower rating would make your QB more prone to sacks as he would be more unaware of the pressure.
Are you taking notes VC??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »