Home

Pasta calls out 2K's Marketing. (and rightly so)

This is a discussion on Pasta calls out 2K's Marketing. (and rightly so) within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 09:57 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Pasta calls out 2K's Marketing. (and rightly so)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
DEEP into the EA community... yep. That's me and Bangpow.
http://consolesports.net/index.php?o...d=39&Itemid=99
I guess Banger's invite to see NCAA down in Tiburon makes him (and me) an EA fanboy. I guess you haven't read my other posts in these forums about APF2K8 and how I'm more into the premise of this game than I am into NCAA. Guess you missed that. Guess you missed me an LBzrule's discussions on the players included in this game, and other stuff we can't wait to see. You miss alot of things.

And if you want to talk about the mods here- remember, these mods are the same ones who let you and others act like poo-flinging chimps in the Madden forums throughout most of 2005 because they understood people were upset about the NFL deal.

Now, some of you guys are all jacked because people are criticizing 2K for its marketing of this game, that deserves to be better (Uh...including most of this site's editors.)

I guess they are EA fanboys too.

Its a grand conspiracy on the highest level. 1up, Gamespot, Consolesports.net, EGM, OperationSports, Odogg, Quietcool72, Bangpow, Pasta.

We are all on the take with EA. So much so that ..
http://consolesports.net/index.php?o...d=39&Itemid=99

Grow up.
I'm not talking about you guys are deep in the EA comm., that was directed at Pasta, I'm talking about how you and others have to come to defense of any and everything when it comes to this kid and I have had direct dealing with his bias and call him on the carpet. I don't bash Madden, I critque it for its boredom. Again, he can critize 2k's marketing and I agree, but to think this guy isn't bias, I don't believe it for one bit, you can call me a fanboy as a matter of fact, I am a fanboy, you can't even insult me with that. I like the 2k product, I also like the EA product. I'm the biggest fanboy their is and proud of it.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:58 AM   #58

OVR: 34

It's a blog from just another guy on the internet. Some of you are disecting it like it's the State of the Union address.

Sure, it's interesting to discuss, but let's not take everything so personal.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:03 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
I am fully aware of the lack of marketing prowess that 2k exhibits and I agree with everyone that objectively states it. This guys article is very deceptive in that he is using a universally accepted opinion concerning 2k (marketing) to take an underhanded shot at the game. What? you can't see that?
He doesn't like some of the info that's come out about the game and has questioned it. He could end up being wrong on some things, but just sitting there and ignoring the problems doesn't help either.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:07 AM   #60
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
Well, APF2K8 is the hot topic at hand right now and it's a game that NEEDS all the help it can get.
Yes that's true. But to center on that is to miss my overall point. My overall point is that pasta's language is not innocent and that in the end he loses his thesis. He presents this article differently than what you just described. You say the hot topic at hand is APF 2k8. Pasta in this article is supposedly making 2k's Marketing the hot topic at hand. But, instead of writing an entire article on calling out 2k's marketing, he falls into calling out a particular game (AP2k8), which he clearly says that's not what this article is about. This is a bad and unfocused argument. That's why people read it as having a certain agenda.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:09 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
He doesn't like some of the info that's come out about the game and has questioned it. He could end up being wrong on some things, but just sitting there and ignoring the problems doesn't help either.
That is a good one ".....has questioned it". His statements go beyond questioning, he is actually bashing and belittling the game in a back handed an sneaky way. But ultimately, if you attempt to give info on a game or anything for that matter, and can't do it objectively, then as a writer you lack integrity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2007, 10:10 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 0

One of the few things that Pasta is right about: 2K Sports' Marketing department is terrible.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:14 AM   #63
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

No one is ignoring the problems with marketing though.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 06-22-2007, 10:14 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Yes that's true. But to center on that is to miss my overall point. My overall point is that pasta's language is not innocent and that in the end he loses his thesis. He presents this article differently than what you just described. You say the hot topic at hand is APF 2k8. Pasta in this article is supposedly making 2k's Marketing the hot topic at hand. But, instead of writing an entire article on calling out 2k's marketing, he falls into calling out a particular game (AP2k8), which he clearly says that's not what this article is about. This is a bad and unfocused argument. That's why people read it as having a certain agenda.
i agree wholeheartedly about him losing his thesis, but i don't think his argument is unfocused....he knew exactly what he wanted to direct to people,and he knew what language to use to get certain people to pay attention....and by certain people i mean those who have already decided that they are going to purchase 2k because of (insert reason). to those people the only question mark that remains for them is the marketing and why it'sstill broken. so any news good or bad about it still attracts attention.

this blog would never make it here if it had been titled "why apf 2k8 is gonna suck"

he's playing the game, and the game is to get you to listen and discuss....we listened and here we are discussing.

Last edited by mr_president; 06-22-2007 at 10:24 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »