Home

Wheres the gameplay videos

This is a discussion on Wheres the gameplay videos within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 04:20 PM   #17
R**k**

Diesel3649's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Wheres the gameplay videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman
They promised us a video, they better have it up soon.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember them promising anything. I think it was more along the lines of hopefully next week, or there should be something soon, I don't think they ever promised anybody anything.

I want to see some video of the game to, but I'm not sure I understand the hostility. They don't owe me anything, I haven't given them my money yet. They don't hurt me by not marketing the game better, they only hurt themselves.

Take a deep breath, there are much more important things in life to get worked up about.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:44 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I would like to see videos too but lets not act like the game wont sell if there arent gameplay videos a month before release.
Not at all. The game will have trouble selling because the promotion has been, well, next to nothing... on top of some other issues. No decent video to get people excited is just one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I could understand if there was no plan for commercials the week before release and the week of release. They seem to be doing the same thing they did for the Bigs. Release a little bit of info months before. Release videos 2-3 weeks before release. Drop the commercial a week before release.
At this point, I'd be surprised if there was a commercial, lol. I'd also say that this strategy is not best practice. I think the Bigs is a bit of a different situation, however. Games where you can hit a bunch of homeruns with juiced up players has been done successfully a number of times before; people will always be interested in that, plus it kinda mirrors real life at this point, lol. But 2K is doing something different with this Football game that, to my knowledge, has never been attempted. There are a few ways they could attack this to make it interesting. By the time they start promoting this game seriously, alot of people will be too preoccupied with NCAA's release to care, especially those on the fence about the game. One thing their competitor has always understood is that being in consumers faces regularly breeds familiarity (or contempt from the opposing side), and people often buy what they're most familiar with regardless of quality. With all of the low cost avenues nowadays, there is little excuse for 2K not to have this stuff out there more.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:53 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
Not at all. The game will have trouble selling because the promotion has been, well, next to nothing... on top of some other issues. No decent video to get people excited is just one of them.

At this point, I'd be surprised if there was a commercial, lol. I'd also say that this strategy is not best practice. I think the Bigs is a bit of a different situation, however. Games where you can hit a bunch of homeruns with juiced up players has been done successfully a number of times before; people will always be interested in that, plus it kinda mirrors real life at this point, lol. But 2K is doing something different with this Football game that, to my knowledge, has never been attempted. There are a few ways they could attack this to make it interesting. By the time they start promoting this game seriously, alot of people will be too preoccupied with NCAA's release to care, especially those on the fence about the game. One thing their competitor has always understood is that being in consumers faces regularly breeds familiarity (or contempt from the opposing side), and people often buy what they're most familiar with regardless of quality. With all of the low cost avenues nowadays, there is little excuse for 2K not to have this stuff out there more.
I don't think most 2K fans care much like you seem to about this. They are just excited that the game is coming out and they are going to buy it and that is where the focus is. What many fail to realize though is it will be even more tragic if the game comes out, they love it, but then due to TakeTwo's marketing failure the game does not sell well, and then we never see another TakeTwo football game.

So in essence I think this is far more important than what a lot of 2K fans realize. They keep downplaying it or making excuses for it but in the end it could end up just hurting all of us who buy the game and enjoy it.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-23-2007, 05:05 PM   #20
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

This really sucks, reminds me a lot of the Forza 2 demo issue that happned pre-launch. I mean everyone wanted the demo and rumors and mags had it that the demo would of been out by end of April. End of April pops up and we have nothing and Turn10 never brought the issue up until about a couple days before the demo came out.

I feel exactly the same here, but even worst is the fact that i'm craving for gameplay videos instead of a demo which sounds abursd. How the heck is it that there hasnt even been gameplay videos on this game yet? I mean people were invited to preview it and play it right? How come none of the sites have posted any vids? Is there an embargo or is the footage too unstable to be shown?

At this point, i'm really on the fence for this game and its really looking like i'm not gona pick it up. I know it might sound stupid, but i was on all for this game before i saw that trailer and learned of all the things missing from this game. And Frankly with The Darkness coming out and Blue Dragon early August i don't want to make a purchase i'm going to regret. The olny sure fire way to make a well rounded decision without playing the game is to see it being played infront of you to get a good feel of it.

I know July 16 is still some time away but if i'm to get this game i need to start saving now, sadly i don't have a job and i don't want to spend money on games like a maniac this summer. Blue Dragon for sure is one game i MUST pick up this summer, so thats already accounted for. Thing is i need a football game as well and i don't want to purchase this game and not like it and olny be able to get $20 for this at EB or Gamestop. I need videos now to make me save the little money i do have cause i need to pick up some protien and sigh up at planet fitness, gotta look good for summer and school this year

Last edited by marshallfever; 06-23-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:37 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I don't think most 2K fans care much like you seem to about this. They are just excited that the game is coming out and they are going to buy it and that is where the focus is.
Well, as far as the video goes, it's not a make or break situation for me personally. I'm not saying we need a gameplay video because I want to see one myself; I purposely didn't watch any of the 2K5 videos.

My point about it is that they need to have something out there to grab non-2k fans because there aren't enough 2K fans to make this game successful. You and I are sold; we're buying, but millions aren't. Perhaps only a few hundred thousand may buy this game. Not enough.

However, plenty 2K fans do in fact care that the promotional campaign has been poor, and when they (and those on the fence) have to make a choice between buying one game they like that they've had something to get excited over, and one game (2K8) which they have very little to be excited over because the company has done very little to get them excited, where will their money go? Probably on the game that they've been given the chance to get most excited about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
many fail to realize though is it will be even more tragic if the game comes out, they love it, but then due to TakeTwo's marketing failure the game does not sell well, and then we never see another TakeTwo football game.

So in essence I think this is far more important than what a lot of 2K fans realize. They keep downplaying it or making excuses for it but in the end it could end up just hurting all of us who buy the game and enjoy it.
Excellent point. My sentiments exactly. So much is riding on this game in regards to the future of the genre, but from all indications it doesn't seem like 2K themselves are even approaching it with that seriousness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2007, 05:43 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
This really sucks, reminds me a lot of the Forza 2 demo issue that happned pre-launch. I mean everyone wanted the demo and rumors and mags had it that the demo would of been out by end of April. End of April pops up and we have nothing and Turn10 never brought the issue up until about a couple days before the demo came out.

I feel exactly the same here, but even worst is the fact that i'm craving for gameplay videos instead of a demo which sounds abursd. How the heck is it that there hasnt even been gameplay videos on this game yet? I mean people were invited to preview it and play it right? How come none of the sites have posted any vids? Is there an embargo or is the footage too unstable to be shown?

At this point, i'm really on the fence for this game and its really looking like i'm not gona pick it up. I know it might sound stupid, but i was on all for this game before i saw that trailer and learned of all the things missing from this game. And Frankly with The Darkness coming out and Blue Dragon early August i don't want to make a purchase i'm going to regret. The olny sure fire way to make a well rounded decision without playing the game is to see it being played infront of you to get a good feel of it.

I know July 16 is still some time away but if i'm to get this game i need to start saving now, sadly i don't have a job and i don't want to spend money on games like a maniac this summer. Blue Dragon for sure is one game i MUST pick up this summer, so thats already accounted for. Thing is i need a football game as well and i don't want to purchase this game and not like it and olny be able to get $20 for this at EB or Gamestop. I need videos now to make me save the little money i do have cause i need to pick up some protien and sigh up at planet fitness, gotta look good for summer and school this year
This post illustrates my point. Is Marshall the only "on-the-fencer" with these thoughts? Nah, I'm sure there are plenty more. I don't blame him either. One thing I learned in sales many years ago was "if you don't sound excited about what you're selling, don't expect your customer's to get excited about it."
Old 06-23-2007, 05:49 PM   #23
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever

Here is a suggestion:

Save $10 bucks and get a gamefly subscription for July and rent the game when it comes out the 16th. That way if you love the game, you can just buy it from gamefly for the remaining 50 bucks. If you hate it all you lose is 10 bucks.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:54 PM   #24
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
This post illustrates my point. Is Marshall the only "on-the-fencer" with these thoughts? Nah, I'm sure there are plenty more. I don't blame him either. One thing I learned in sales many years ago was "if you don't sound excited about what you're selling, don't expect your customer's to get excited about it."
This is very true, i mean already as it is, thier the under dog. I know thier not expecting superb sales, but for this game to merrit a sequel it needs to have made enough money for it. And as most of you have said, we need to know what were purchasing here. I mean most of the people on this forum are head over heels for 2k8 (nothing bad intended) but most don't even know how the gameplay will pan out exactly. I mean were all expecting 2k5 with an updated engine, but seriously..........how updated or lack of upgrad will the game be? We really don't know. And personally i'm not willing to make a purchase on something i'm not full hearted on. Even when i buy sucky games, i usually like them because i was fully intent on buying them.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »