Home

2K Betrayed the PS3 version, Not 60FPS!!!!

This is a discussion on 2K Betrayed the PS3 version, Not 60FPS!!!! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 02:34 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: 2K Betrayed the PS3 version, Not 60FPS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Yeah I heard, if you read my,..never mind, anyway the hardware can handle 60FPS, end of story.
Apparently not in a football game.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:41 AM   #50
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

It could also be that the games were ported from the 360 versions to PS3.

I dont know anything about game dev. but i know that if i were in charge of EA or 2k, i would not make two teams to develope the same game for two different consoles. There would be little gain in that.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:44 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

I guess you have to play Madden on PS3 then. Oh wait... Its 30FPS too.

Get an Xbox!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2007, 02:50 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: 2K What up PS3 version, Not 60FPS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160709

I would expect this from EA sports but not from you 2K. This to me is not all Sony's fault, this is developers being lazy and not putting time and effort trying to figure out new technology. So other game developers can make they games how they should be for the PS3 but not the football developers?? I'm sorry this is just lazy to me and 2K did drop the ball on this because they are only making this game on 2K consoles, and on one of them there having problems on before the release. 2K get this together before the game is released, this isn't about console wars, this is about creating a quality product for every system that should be up to standards. Then atleast EA tried to make an excuss, 2K just decline to answer why there having problems on the PS3?? Sad, don't turn this into a console debate, this is about 2K stepping back into the football market and they don't have there s**t together, and they want this game to make good sales with it being on only 2 systems and they have a chance to show that there developers are better than EA's buyt making there PS3 version of a football game at 60FPS, something that EA can't do.

I'm going to go ahead and tell you a little secret. Don't blame developers and call them lazy. The problem is not that they are lazy. The problem is the PS3 uses a weak Grapics Card that is basically almost Identical to the Nividia 7600 GT. The other problem is that card only has 256 MB of dedicated Video Ram. So developers make the 360 version first which has a much much better GPU that can use up to 512MB of Dedicated Ram.

So either game developers need to go to the PS3 version and lower textures, change the shading, etc to match frame-rate or they have to lower the FPS. It's not that they are lazy it really is the fact that the GPU/Ram can't do the same things the 360 does.

The Cell is a powerful CPU, but the CPU is not something that can make video graphics look much better. Think of PC's for a moment. You can have a Quad Core Processor CPU, but thats not going to make a game look good if you have a 128mb Graphics card from 2001.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:25 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneebon5
It could also be that the games were ported from the 360 versions to PS3.

I dont know anything about game dev. but i know that if i were in charge of EA or 2k, i would not make two teams to develope the same game for two different consoles. There would be little gain in that.

But that would make no sense.... since Sony says the PS3 is much stronger than the 360... why would a port from a weaker system result in worse results on the better system? PS2 ports to the original xbox resulted in graphical upgrades ALL THE TIME.. never a decline!
Old 06-30-2007, 03:37 AM   #54
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Theres not to much being gained from this thread, Can we lock it????????

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 06-30-2007, 03:42 AM   #55
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Theres not to much being gained from this thread, Can we lock it????????
2K, EA, MS, and Sony involved in one discussion... who knew it would make it this far.

But honestly, from a hardware stand point I am not suprised. Will take another year to get the PS3 running at 60fps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2007, 03:43 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 4

2K didn't betray anyone. It's so easy to ride a developers back and say they are lazy but most have absolutely no clue what it takes to put a game like this together. I was a programmer for 7 years until I had enough of it, but I can't even imagine the headache these guys went through trying to get this thing to run at 60 FPS until they gave up. It's about trade off and they made their choice. I'm sure each 2K developer put in 60-80 hours per week to make this happen. Maybe you should go to Sony's forum and request they beef up their developer tools to help out a little. Microsoft obviously had it covered.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »