Home

Randall Cunningham

This is a discussion on Randall Cunningham within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 18
Randall Cunningham

It would seem that alot of people are going the RC route because he seems to be a steal at silver(well, actually not a steal because i feel that silver is about right for him). As I remember RC he was an elusive qb that really couldn't throw short to medium passes accurately but could throw a beautiful and accurate deep ball. My overall strategy against him will be heavy blizting from the outside. Anyone that chooses him will find little to no success against my 3-4 defense.

Seems to me alot of people are outhinking themselves in choosing lower tier qb's (not of course you just happen to like them). I am definitely choosing a gold qb (marino), the qb is the cornerstone of the franchise. My silver and bronze players on defense will do nicely against the other qb's (choosing RC should play into my hands). See you and RC online.

Last edited by NovaStar; 07-08-2007 at 12:25 PM. Reason: forgotten thought
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Randall Cunningham

I'm going with Cunningham for a few reasons.

1) I've always liked Cunningham.
2) I'm hoping VC is true to Cunningham because if so, he will be my punter too. The dude could punt.

3) I'm not spending a Gold on a QB and he is a great value at Silver.
4) Cunningham addressed his short passing issues and showed he could throw the short and intermediate pass with the Vikings and the Ravens.
5) He wore Raven purple so he's already a locked on target at QB for me.
6) Everyone is thinking that people are going to use Cunningham in the same way, so they prepare in the same way. Too bad cause if you do that you will find your head in your hand wondering what happened.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:31 PM   #3
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quarterbacks may be the cornerstone of franchises in real life, but it hasn't been that way in video games. The User skill has always been much more important than the ratings, speed has been the only rating that really mattered. The question is when a User is controlling the QB, is there really going to be a huge difference between Dan Marino, and say, Bobby Herbert? In the past the answer would be "No", maybe things will be different now with the new rating system and game mechanics.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:40 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'm going with Cunningham for a few reasons.

1) I've always liked Cunningham.
2) I'm hoping VC is true to Cunningham because if so, he will be my punter too. The dude could punt.

3) I'm not spending a Gold on a QB and he is a great value at Silver.
4) Cunningham addressed his short passing issues and showed he could throw the short and intermediate pass with the Vikings and the Ravens.
5) He wore Raven purple so he's already a locked on target at QB for me.
6) Everyone is thinking that people are going to use Cunningham in the same way, so they prepare in the same way. Too bad cause if you do that you will find your head in your hand wondering what happened.
Lol! Well that is certainly a bad place for someones head to be, in their hand. Yeah, I figure most people will use RC mostly for buying extra time and running. It all will depend on how well VC attribute system translates to the ability of the individual legends. But as a general strategy, if Marino plays with the quick release and pinpoint passing, that alone would counter fast defensive ends and blitzes.

It just seems odd to me that as a general strategy many would forego a gold qb for a silver or bronze one, to use the gold pick on say a defensive guy or a receiver(I can see using it for a running back, almost). The legend qb's have great attributes, again, if the system that VC employs lives up to the legend abilties, then this game would have a well spring of possibilities.

LB remember this, you have the nine pei mei strikes, I have the 3 that beat the nine. Recognize, baby!
Old 07-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Quarterbacks may be the cornerstone of franchises in real life, but it hasn't been that way in video games. The User skill has always been much more important than the ratings, speed has been the only rating that really mattered. The question is when a User is controlling the QB, is there really going to be a huge difference between Dan Marino, and say, Bobby Herbert? In the past the answer would be "No", maybe things will be different now with the new rating system and game mechanics.
That is exactly what I am counting on, the new system to be better suited for the way the game is set up. I think I read one of the previews where it was said that you could really tell that Marino had a quick release when compared to the other qb's. I mean after watching that Walter Payton video, and the Jerry Rice one, you can definitely tell we are going to witness football that we have not seen before in a video game. That got those two players down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2007, 02:28 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
Lol! Well that is certainly a bad place for someones head to be, in their hand. Yeah, I figure most people will use RC mostly for buying extra time and running. It all will depend on how well VC attribute system translates to the ability of the individual legends. But as a general strategy, if Marino plays with the quick release and pinpoint passing, that alone would counter fast defensive ends and blitzes.

It just seems odd to me that as a general strategy many would forego a gold qb for a silver or bronze one, to use the gold pick on say a defensive guy or a receiver(I can see using it for a running back, almost). The legend qb's have great attributes, again, if the system that VC employs lives up to the legend abilties, then this game would have a well spring of possibilities.

LB remember this, you have the nine pei mei strikes, I have the 3 that beat the nine. Recognize, baby!

Yeah, but at some point it's not about the players. At some point it's about the scheme the person that has the players has implemented. A well crafted and well executed scheme > big name notoriety player IMO. So I'll let the guys have their Montana's and Rice's, Marino's and Barry's.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:30 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

since many has been worried about vick, i'll tone it down and make cunningham my franchise cheese QB
100 yd punts HEHEHEHEH
Old 07-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Actually this isn't completely true. Chad Pennington, Josh McNown or whatever his name is, I was forced to have them in two 2k5 leagues and they had slow releases and floaty passes. I turned around and got Steve McNair in another league and my passing was easily better. Much better zip on passes, and a quicker release. In 2k's games in my experience, the user directs the QB where to go and where to throw, but his ratings determine the velocity and catchability of the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »