Home

The Little Things That Make APF Special...

This is a discussion on The Little Things That Make APF Special... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2007, 01:26 PM   #25
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: The Little Things That Make APF Special...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
IMO a football game does not have to have an NFL license or anything. I could care less if I had tony romo or marion the barberian running the rock. APF is phenomianl in all aspects of football. I think it captures the game fully. They missed out though on what makes a football game a real game though. I think they need to have some folks with an imagination doing this game.

This game needs a working legacy mode(Franchise) with scouting and fleshed out features. Scouting could be from HS, Semi pro, colleges, streets, and players from around the globe. A league background is easy, look at how blitz the league did it. Come up with a awesome championship trophy, awards named after players of the past, MVP's, ROY and ect... PLayer models and player edit features are needed. Dont really need legends, so save yall's money. Would be better developing a legend yourself by schooling newbs than to already have one. And the only license you need is for nike, addidas, under armor and accesories like that. Man I should be a developer!!!What do yall think?
If this game has Legends:

I think that they did a good job in refining the 2K5 engine, but you can tell that it needs more tweaking.

Yes, APF2K9 needs some kind of Franchise mode with a league that is deep. I don't mind the legends at all and I hope they go and add more to the game, giving us more of an opportunity to build our teams. But what they should do:

1-Select our teammates like in APF2K8 with a Fantasy Draft and maybe just scrap the whole Gold/Silver/Bronze system.
2-Why not have pre-determined players on the teams already. This helps make the league feel much more realistic.

But I think allowing 2 options here would be a good idea to cater to both groups of gamers.

Adding another 100+ Legends + actually either allowing us to create your own players or have pre-defined ones that we can connect with.

Either a 20 or 30 year franchise would be nice + adding Year End awards would be awesome.

If no Legends:

Do you guys think that a Friday Night Lights - High School football type of game could work? I think that it can if it was done right, and could be even more fun than just having legends. I'll never forget the game on the SNES - Super Play Action Football which allowed you to play High School, College, or NFL ball. We want to play football and if their going to stick with unrealistic licenses...........why not give this one a chance?

They can either have a pre-determined league setup or allow you to set them up with the schools. Having scouting where the coach trys to scout kids from Junior High, the High School kids working to get scholarships for colleges, having the marching bands and cheerleaders on the sidelines, and giving it the full high school feel on a Friday night. This would be a blast if done right and obviously this could go for multiple years as you are the coach at the school running the show.

Would this sell at $60, probably not, but for $40 they could build a fan base.

Why anyone hasn't tried to do this yet is a little bit mind boggling, just some thoughts.

Last edited by CaptainZombie; 12-08-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2007, 01:03 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 4

^^ hey. sounds good to me.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:26 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Speaking of High School football, this show on ESPN called varsity inc. is a show that follows a High school in louisiana I think and it shows practices and game footage and goes into the players life. It is a really great show for someone like me that cant get enough football. I suggest that you guys check it out.

Last edited by Hollywood055; 12-09-2007 at 02:42 AM.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:18 PM   #28
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

OVR: 17

Has anyone ever blocked a field goal or a punt in this game yet?
Old 12-11-2007, 03:53 PM   #29
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by krulmichael
Oh yeah, I'm like the Frank Beamer of APF lol
Old 12-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #30
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainey
Oh yeah, I'm like the Frank Beamer of APF lol
Haha, how are you doing it? I've had no luck whatsoever.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:34 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 28

Blocking in APF happens quite often. I mean, not stupid often, but it does happen. Blocking punts if you time the jump off the edge you can get fairly close everytime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2007, 06:08 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by krulmichael
I've blocked so many punts in this game I dunno what. All you do is switch to the guy on the right side, wait till the guy on the left gets close, press B to switch to him, and X to dive.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »