Home

Has anyone had an amazing game yet?

This is a discussion on Has anyone had an amazing game yet? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2007, 11:32 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Has anyone had an amazing game yet?

Normally I NEVER play competitive sports games online (don't want to deal with cheesers), but yesterday I figured I'd give it a go. And I had an amazing game.

I have Rod Woodson and Mike Ditka as my gold players.

So the game basically pretty slow without much action. On his first drive, he mounts an amazing drive, gets to the 5 yard line, but I intercept him in the end zone. I end up doing nothing with the drive.

So it's back and forth, until the late 2nd quarter, where I get in position and hit a 20 yard field goal. 3-0. Normally, I'm using Ditka ALOT, as he is a great gold TE, gets open alot, and catches almost everything. Yet I'm being completely shut down on my passes. My run game is going well with Roger Craig, so that's how I'm making alot of my yards.

Nothing much happens. Until the 4th quarter.

Around the start of the 4th quarter, he gets a drive going. He gets to the 50, calls a hot route, and next thing you know his reciever is burning me, and he takes it for a touchdown. 7-3. I'm thinking the way this game has gone, I'm screwed.

I get the ball. 4 and out. Punt away, with 3 minutes to go.

He gets the ball back, and throws a few good passes that get him around the 20, for easy field goal position. Then he starts running the clock out. But he never gets much going, as I shut down his runs and immediatly call timeouts, so I have about a minute left.

Now, on 4th down, he has to kick it. If he makes it, he secures his lead to not be outscored and lose in regulation. I HAVE to score a touchdown to even see overtime.

He sets up for it.. good snap.. WIDE RIGHT!

He MISSES 20 yard field goal. God I love the new kicking game. Many may hate it, but it's ALOT better than the automatic 2k5 engine. Every field goal has you on the edge of your seat.

7-3, 50 seconds to go, I'm on my 20, I have to have a touchdown.

I have NO timeouts, so I have to throw up a prayer. Hail mary. I scramble to the right with Cunningham, and launch it up. A scary scary group forms of about 3 recievers and 4 CBs, and my reciever CATCHES IT.

Now I'm on his 15 with 16 seconds to go, clock running. I no-huddle and throw a hook to my reciever which nets me about 10 yards, but I didn't get out of bounds.

Clock at 7 and RUNNING. I huddle and throw an incompletion, which stops the clock at 3 SECONDS.

I'm on his 5 yard line, with 3 seconds left. This is IT. I HAVE to score here. I pick my goal line pass play. I've never ran it before. I see my LB reciever is running a straight route and no one is guarding him, but with the new realistic engine it'd be hard to utilize my cheap goal line rockets like in EA games.

I snap the ball. Everything is in slow motion. I see my LB reciever get covered immediately, so that's out of the question. I have no real clue what to do. Then I see Ditka. My last chance, my gold player I've neglected this entire game. I bullet pass, and as the screen widens and the ball is hurling towards him, he's all alone. He catches it and walks in for the touchdown.

Game over, I win.

My heart was pounding. I felt like electricity. One of the GREATEST games I've ever played in a football game, ever.

... So how about your guys?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2007, 11:36 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Has anyone had an amazing game yet?

wow that sounds like a damn awesome game you had there

i had something similar and i couldnt get the score with <1min remaining. it was 4th and 12 or so on his 40 and rice dropped the pass and i lost 21-14
Old 07-18-2007, 11:39 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Without going into a huge thread explaining everything, I was down 27-14 late in the 3rd quarter. I mounted a comeback with Montana, Rice and Meggett and took a 30-27 lead with about a minute left in the 4th. They charged down the field and nailed a 44 yard field goal with 13 seconds left in the game to tie it 30-30.

We went back and forth in overtime, no one could get close enough to score. I drove down the field in the 2nd overtime, lined up for a field goal and it was blocked! After some more back and forth fighting I marched back down the field and kicked the game winning field goal a few minutes into the 3rd overtime.

Exciting to say the least, especially after I wrote the game off as a loss when I was down by nearly 2 touchdowns.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:41 AM   #4
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

I have yet to win an online game, but I have had good chances to come back in every single one of them. As a matter of fact, every single game I've played has been the furthest thing from a blowout. In off-line single player, many of my games have ended at 7-0 o 14-7, for example.

My first game came down to one play in overtime. My Buffalo Bison were tied 14 a piece with the game about to go down in a tie, when Tony Canadeo on the AI team (I think the Red Dogs) broke a run for 60+ yards with two seconds to go. I was about to throw my controller through the screen before realizing, "hey, that game was actually GOOD!"

As for cheesers, ugh. I can't believe I played one within three hours of my getting my hands on the game. Disgusting. Every play was Elway to Rice, hail mary and caught in a crowd despite my most valiant efforts to tip or pick the bomb...then an onside kick after the touchdown. The three other opponents I played were great, however - the farthest thing away from cheese I've seen. Punting on 4th down, no hail mary passes except for in desperate times (4th downs in the 4th quarter), little scrambling, no two-point conversions...man, this is how online football should BE!
Old 07-18-2007, 11:43 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

I've only played offline, but in my first game every playing, Jaeger hit a field goal with time expiring to win it 10-7.

It was pretty rad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2007, 11:46 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Does this game use the college or pro model for overtime?
Old 07-18-2007, 11:55 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Collapse
Does this game use the college or pro model for overtime?
pro.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:58 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

I played someone from here and he returned a punt for a TD for a minute left to go up 19-13 (I was up 13-12).

I marched down the field and Cunningham connected with Rice on a score with 0:16 seconds left to win 20-19.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »