Home

What's Wrong With That?

This is a discussion on What's Wrong With That? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2007, 09:42 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
Question What's Wrong With That?

1. Having another legitimate football game on a Next-Gen platform.
  2. Having a game that was brought to us because of a loyalty to its fans.
  3. Having the opportunity to think about former NFL players and their skills.
  4. Having just another choice to make.
  5. Having Take 2 take a chance in showing us that they too can develop football on Next-Gen systems.
  6. Having a football game with real tackling.
  7. Having the opportunity for OS to have football-gaming debates, points-counterpoints, speeches, etc instead of folks whining about EA's constant shortcomings and it being the only game in town.
  8. Having to pay full-price NOW for a T2 football game when we should realize the NFL punished T2 for its mind-blowing $19.95 special. If they do it again, the NFL will not consider a multi-licensed structure in the future.
All the ramblings about what APF 2k8 is or is not won't change the fact that the game is out now. And because it is out, it will put 'The Other Game' under the spotlight once again.

And when its shortcomings are made known, moaned, and groaned about, all I will say is... what wrong with that?

Just glad to have another choice....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 10:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: What's Wrong With That?

Well said. It's given me a chance to research a lot of these legends and appreciate the history of football a little more.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:11 PM   #3
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Money

Having to pay full-price NOW for a T2 football game when we should realize the NFL punished T2 for its mind-blowing $19.95 special. If they do it again, the NFL will not consider a multi-licensed structure in the future.

Just glad to have another choice....
The NFL didn't punish Take 2 for making the game 19.95.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:16 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
I heard about the NFL not being happy about the price point. They thought that VC/T2 were trying to make a monopoly.

There is nothing wrong with having choices people just say EA is better or VC is better to feel better about there purchase. To much low self esteem in the sports videogame world-everybody just needs a hug and to be told it is ok to like more than one football game.

Peace
Old 07-21-2007, 10:34 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Mmmm... If the NFL charges each provider $125 million for its license and there are at least three licensees, that's $375 million versus one provider getting an exclusive at $325 million.

Word was the NFL and the NFL Players Assoc. didn't like the 'NFL' brand being sold that cheaply. That's a common issue in the business world. Look at some of the recent Supreme decisions about retailers discounting products below their manufacturers suggested prices. There's a business nearby who was recently taken to the Supreme Court by a manufacturer. Other companies joined in because of their insistence that their price is their price. Hurts consumers but the Court decided in favor of the manufacturer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 10:49 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Money
[list=1][*]Having a football game with real tackling.
This hit home to me the most. I can't stand the anti-matter explosion tackles that occur in the EA games. Takes all the fun out of a big hit when two players collide and bounce violently off each other.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:50 PM   #7

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
I agree, this whole conspiracy that the NFL punished T2 with the exclusive deal is rediculous. The NFL was making their money no matter how much T2, EA or any other company for that matter was selling their game for. Somehow the exclusive deal came together, EA offered a bunch of money to get it, was granted the exclusivity and thats the end of the story, I seriously doubt Taglibue was sitting there trying to figure out how to stick it to some game company for selling their product at the price they sold it at.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:23 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
I agree, this whole conspiracy that the NFL punished T2 with the exclusive deal is rediculous. The NFL was making their money no matter how much T2, EA or any other company for that matter was selling their game for. Somehow the exclusive deal came together, EA offered a bunch of money to get it, was granted the exclusivity and thats the end of the story, I seriously doubt Taglibue was sitting there trying to figure out how to stick it to some game company for selling their product at the price they sold it at.
Ok... take out the word punish and use 'remembered their heartburn with a $20 version of a NFL game'. Doesn't mean the those groups (NFL, Union etc.) liked their product being sold at a discount.

Think about it... if a new NFL owner comes in and sells his tickets at 40% of what the other NFL teams are selling there's for, how do you think they'd react? You might say... it's the new owner's perogative. I would say think again.

Bottom-line: I suspect that T2 is hoping that licensing would be opened up again. And I bet no one (in T2) is thinking about a $20 price tag again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »