Home

Anyone win the championship yet?

This is a discussion on Anyone win the championship yet? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2007, 12:57 AM   #17
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Anyone win the championship yet?

I'm utterly disappointed..

the only difference between the championship and regular games is field logos and commentary. There's no special intro, no special half time, and no special championship celebration.

All you see is an graphic showing you're the champion, the announcers talking about it, and the coaches shaking hands. EA gets slammed for this, and so should 2k. The postseason atmosphere is horrible in this game.

what a let down, since they could have done anything with this. No jet flyovers, no fireworks, no sizzle, and not even a digitally rendered trophy.

Last edited by bkfount; 08-04-2007 at 01:08 AM.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:18 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
I'm utterly disappointed..

the only difference between the championship and regular games is field logos and commentary. There's no special intro, no special half time, and no special championship celebration.

All you see is an graphic showing you're the champion, the announcers talking about it, and the coaches shaking hands. EA gets slammed for this, and so should 2k. The postseason atmosphere is horrible in this game.

what a let down, since they could have done anything with this. No jet flyovers, no fireworks, no sizzle, and not even a digitally rendered trophy.
NOT a big deal seeing as how 2k in so many words SAID this was a test the waters game unlike other companies thatll lie and tell you that their new games have everything and the kitchen sink in them .
Old 08-04-2007, 02:50 AM   #19
fishstick

OVR:

pretty disappointing indeed. few extra logos on the field and the announcer drops in an extra line or two about the championship but it is little more than that. I would have liked to have seen a decked out colorful stadium with playing intros and a trophy celebration at the end. To much to ask?

Old 08-04-2007, 10:57 AM   #20
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerta07
NOT a big deal seeing as how 2k in so many words SAID this was a test the waters game unlike other companies thatll lie and tell you that their new games have everything and the kitchen sink in them .
lol..come on. That's a lame cop out. People love to praise 2k for what they do, but back off when they drop the ball. 2k failed miserably at using their "league" for anything. The only mode they have besides play now is season. All you do in the season mode is play games with randomly generated teams, some generic ones way worse than madden clip art created teams. I played against the St. Louis R's for a game. The R's?

People hail 2k as the presentation kings, yet they can't even make the playoffs and championship any different than regular games. They could have at least made the stadiums different. I played in the Ironmen's stadium, which I've seen tons of times. It wasn't any different for the championship..aside for a logo on the field. You're pretty much guaranteed to play against the Legends everytime as well, they only have about 18 gold players. They also run no huddle about 75% of the time.

The season mode sucks in this game...breaking the season records with the players gains nothing, other than an achievement notification by the xbox at the end of the regular season. They might as well have just made it an online only game.

Last edited by bkfount; 08-04-2007 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:17 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 5

There is no excuse for the weakness of the way the league was set up, or how the playoffs and championship are handled. It's a terrible concept. 2K would've been better off not even including a season mode, lol. I mean really, because the season mode is useless. It's not better than playing exhibition which you will wind up doing for the rest of the time you own the game after playing the season... unless you like looking forward to nothing and having nothing to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2007, 04:59 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
You're pretty much guaranteed to play against the Legends everytime as well, they only have about 18 gold players. They also run no huddle about 75% of the time.

The season mode sucks in this game...
The inability to determine CPU teams' playbooks and game plans is a huge negative. That's why I'm creating 8 teams, each with their own unique playbook.

And if I play a 'season', I'll just play exhibition games and manually keep track of scores and stats. And the preset season isn't an option for another reason: I refuse to play a team that has OJ on it. VC REALLY dropped the ball by not allowing us to determine CPU teams' rosters, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »