Home

Cheese Poll

This is a discussion on Cheese Poll within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is the use of hard count cheese?
Yes 7 12.07%
No 51 87.93%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2007, 06:52 PM   #25
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Cheese Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Co-sign on bcruise's post. The hard count is part of football and learning to use it wisely is good strategy. Moreover, the developers recognized this by giving Elway the ability to excel at the hard count. I've used it occasionally (and it's far from certain that if you use it you'll get the opponent to jump), and I've had it used against me. I hate when my guys jump, but that's life, and I love it when I get a first on 3rd and 4 or a free down when the other guy jumps.

I was playing my brother online last night, and he tried to hard count me with Cunningham, and his lineman false-started--twice in a row, taking him out of field goal position and costing him the game.

And Re: Muggins' point, I respect your opinion, but it seems to me that you could consider everything that every non-human controlled player does "random" in the sense that you have no direct control over his actions. The point of leaving things up to chance is largely a necessity in an environment where you can only control one guy at a time, and I don't think that's a terrible thing, but that's my opinion.

What I find much more disturbing is people who go for it every 4th down, regardless of field position, time remaining, or score.
Nope, I've already stated why I don't consider everything random or whatever. If you can show me a way that someone throwing a pass can cause an AI to do pass interference, then you may be right.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2007, 06:58 PM   #26
Rookie

sleepychicken's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
Yeah, I guess I'm less interested in re-enacting the NFL than I am a fair game.

You still avoided my question. I answered yours honestly.

"Would you say that anything I did in our game was non-sim? Meaning, anything that would've been out of character for a real football game? "
Old 07-25-2007, 07:00 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

it's not cheese

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-25-2007, 07:03 PM   #28
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepychicken
You still avoided my question. I answered yours honestly.

"Would you say that anything I did in our game was non-sim? Meaning, anything that would've been out of character for a real football game? "
You edited your post after I made mine.

If that is your definition of sim, you did nothing wrong in your definition of sim. Wouldn't pass the grade on friendly or mature, though. Not by mine, anyway.

And I had my mic hooked up, you never said a word.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 07-25-2007, 07:18 PM   #29
Rookie

sleepychicken's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
You edited your post after I made mine.

If that is your definition of sim, you did nothing wrong in your definition of sim. Wouldn't pass the grade on friendly or mature, though. Not by mine, anyway.

And I had my mic hooked up, you never said a word.

lol. I'm unfriendly and lack maturity because I use a basic feature of the game, but you are mature by telling me I played a good game but use "lame" tactics in our league thread. I imagine most of my opponents would disagree. Looks like most of the people that have voted do too.

I guess it doesn't pass your grade. Having an opponent tell me I used lame tactics on a message board doesn't pass my grade as mature or friendly.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:22 PM   #30
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepychicken
lol. I'm unfriendly and lack maturity because I use a basic feature of the game, but you are mature by telling me I played a good game but use "lame" tactics in our league thread. I imagine most of my opponents would disagree. Looks like most of the people that have voted do too.

I guess it doesn't pass your grade. Having an opponent tell me I used lame tactics on a message board doesn't pass my grade as mature or friendly.
I didn't say you weren't mature or friendly, just that those aren't mature or friendly actions.

You blew it way out of proportion, really. I'm sorry if you got upset because I said something you did was lame. That is by my definitions and is something I would never do against another player. I would've said it if I won or lost.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 07-25-2007, 08:42 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I am reading through this thread and I'd like to know if we've finally stooped so low to start calling screen plays "cheese" now? Is this going into the area of "anything that works well on me is now cheese" or is it just me? Or is this game flawed and screen plays are some exploit? Just curious...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2007, 09:30 PM   #32
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Guys, let me just put this baby to sleep!

I use Elway. I have from day 1. I didn't even know he had the special "cadence" ability until I discovered it by mistake in a game. It worked that 1st time and again 2 more times in the game.

So, I figure he is the answer to all my 3rd and 5's or less.

Wrong! Of the last 10 times I have tried this, I have had a false start about 6 of them and the others resulted in nothing happening at all.

It is a double edged sword.

No way on earth it's cheese.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »